My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

MNHQ have commented on this thread

AMA

I'm a footballer's wife.. ask me anything???

633 replies

iamawagama · 11/07/2018 08:13

Apart from who my husband is/what team he plays for Grin

(Have set up a whole new username for this so there's no chance of it coming back to me and the Daily Mail can sod off thank you!)

OP posts:
DiegoMadonna · 12/07/2018 19:51

(That's assuming he's a midfielder or striker. Defenders are cheaper)

MissJogi · 12/07/2018 19:53

Is he a White British player? I mean not necessary an international, but is he English / Scottish / Welsh / Irish ethnicity etc?

ForalltheSaints · 12/07/2018 19:53

When was the last time your OH was sent off? And against whom?

Biblio78 · 12/07/2018 19:57

If he plays in the premier league now, did that change aquaintances perceptions/ attitudes towards you in any way?
Great thread btw thankyou!

Jenasaurus · 12/07/2018 19:59

Did you used to be a pilates instructor

Jenasaurus · 12/07/2018 20:00

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MadhousMom59 · 12/07/2018 20:01

Are you childhood sweethearts

alwaysanauntie · 12/07/2018 20:04

I'm not much of a footie fan (enjoyed watching the match last night though, but rugby thighs are more my thing, they're really something to get your teeth into Grin) but also wanted to say thanks for this thread, very refreshing to have people be honest about their life (whatever that may be, the crematorium ama was also fascinating). It's been a very enjoyable read with a glass of wine in the garden, cheers OP! Wine

Lollipop18 · 12/07/2018 20:10

Really enjoyed reading this thread, thanks for sharing.
Are you quite active on MN (other than this brilliant thread) and do you know if there are many other WAG that are?

gillys · 12/07/2018 20:17

OP, you say you feel you've lost a bit of yourself by giving up your career for him. What ideally would you like to do with your time now ? Retrain in another field or stay as you are?
I gave up work a couple of years ago, although I didn't have a fantastic career just a basic job. I do wonder if I did the right thing. I volunteer too but can't decide what to do with the rest of my life !

iamawagama · 12/07/2018 20:20

I'm sorely disappointed - thought a PL footballers wife would have more exciting and glamorous things to do than start a thread like this...

Well I did start the thread while on the private jet to Monaco. The WiFi is soooooo good on there.

Better?

OP posts:
molliepops01 · 12/07/2018 20:24

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I bloody love this reply πŸ‘Œ

iamawagama · 12/07/2018 20:26

Do you still wear the engagement ring, if you have one, that he gave you before making heaps of money?

Yes I do. It always made me a bit sad when VB swapped her engagement ring for a huge one.
Mine is bloody amazing anyway though, wouldn't change it for the world!

OP posts:
ohsoamazing · 12/07/2018 20:27

Loving this thread...I'm not in to footy or WAGs but you have great humour and I'm enjoying reading about a life so different from my own.

curtaintwitchers · 12/07/2018 20:30

curtaintwitchers · 12/07/2018 20:30

iamawagama · 12/07/2018 20:31

Are you quite active on MN (other than this brilliant thread) and do you know if there are many other WAG that are?

I am! I'm always piping up but I change my name every couple of weeks I get sooooo paranoid I'll be recognised. I don't know if any of the other WAGs are part of MN, I wouldn't be surprised as many have young children!

OP posts:
MrsCatE · 12/07/2018 20:33

My bad Mnah have followed whole thread and there was another sarcastic stereotype one and the dreadful Lily. Apologies

NoParticularPattern · 12/07/2018 20:34

I love this thread 😍😍

My question: what was the first ridiculous luxury thing you/DH bought when he got his first mega bucks pay check? (Assuming you go in for the ridiculous luxury stuff that is!!)

I’m annoyed I don’t have anything more interesting to ask but the 5mo has sapped my brain of all rational thought πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

iamawagama · 12/07/2018 20:36

I'm not sure u believe this thread to be honest, things don't seem to add up.

Ok.

You talk about your masters and high flying career and then you say that you are only early thirties with a teenage child .

Totally adds up if you do the maths. I was a young mum, had DS midway through my university education. Which was DIFFICULT but not impossible.

If you had such a high flying career then surely your spelling and grammar wouldn't be so poor οΏΌ.

Errrr thanks. My degrees are all science based. I'm a whizz at science and maths, never excelled in English at school; can't be great at everything! (Did I use that semi colon right?! No didn't think so ah well)

Something just doesn't seem right.

Sorry about that.

OP posts:
iamawagama · 12/07/2018 20:41

what was the first ridiculous luxury thing you/DH bought when he got his first mega bucks pay check? (Assuming you go in for the ridiculous luxury stuff that is!!)

Diamond stud earrings from Cartier. Not huge but the quality of diamond is just wowww. I wear them everyday still!

OP posts:
Moonshine86 · 12/07/2018 20:45

Where do you like to go on holiday?

Lollipop18 · 12/07/2018 20:45

Has your hubby been signed to a new club when the season starts?

iamawagama · 12/07/2018 20:50

Has your hubby been signed to a new club when the season starts?

Nope so far same club! Never know what will happen in the transfer window but I've got all my fingers and toes crossed

OP posts:
iamawagama · 12/07/2018 20:53

Where do you like to go on holiday?

My absolute favourite was Bora Bora but that was once in a lifetime as it's so far away! We stopped off in LA beforehand which was fab too. Also love Greece, Barcelona and Marrakesh!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.