Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet Vogue - vol 77 - the Spring trends edition

(1000 Posts)
shopafrolic Sun 19-Mar-17 17:33:24

Join us to talk all things fashion and beauty. The clocks go forward next Sunday (who's bright idea was it to organise that on Mother's Day?!). Longer days and hopefully some sunshine - we're dying to get our ankles out.
All welcome smile

MarshaBrady Sun 19-Mar-17 17:39:46

Absolutely ankles are the thing! Must happen now my garden is full of blossom.

thanks Shop

thanks for the new thread Shop thanks

shopafrolic Sun 19-Mar-17 17:43:00

These are the other pointed flats I tried - they are really nice but I don't like the brown heel. Does anyone know if a shoe repairers could change them for black / paint over the brown?

shopafrolic Sun 19-Mar-17 17:43:49

I quite like these but haven't tried

shopafrolic Sun 19-Mar-17 17:45:19

And I thought these might have been perfect but sold out :(

shopafrolic Sun 19-Mar-17 17:51:21

Mara what did you do in the end about white trainers? Those Common Projects ones keep popping up all over Instagram and my timeline....

queencerulean Sun 19-Mar-17 18:29:34

marsha love those ballet shoes and the red dress. Can't see you in the scarf. The blouse is nice but my first thought would be the ties getting in food! Not personally keen on the white trousers and I can't see you in the splattered top.
shop I like the other stories ones best.
bernice I do still look at new in stuff every week but nothing lately has jumped out at me for any of you.

libertydoddle Sun 19-Mar-17 18:43:15

Thanks shop.

Bernice i haven't pinned any sleeveless jacket looks. The inspiration is Trinny. She does a volg thing on layering where she puts a thin one under a biker jacket or a cropped jacket and it looked good and made me think something like that could be useful.

No one commented on my Toast denim skirt on the last thread. Did you all hate it? I can't link here as on phone... It's on my 'trousers and skirts' pinboard.

Stokey Sun 19-Mar-17 20:15:04

I like your Toast skirt Lib! Forgot to say. I keep remembering this dark denim dress I had in the 90s that had spaghetti straps & was a long midi, I used to wear a tee under it. Anyway your skirt reminded me of it. If i saw something similar I'd buy it.

Thanks for the new thread Shop. Sorry mini Shop didn't enjoy the rave, but may bode well for the teen years grin. I'm not sure about all the black slingbacks. Black leather looks a bit worky but maybe that's just me.

What did you get Marsha?

I need to go shopping but need to have a big clear out & paint bedrooms first! Very caught up on house stuff & losing track of fashion. Think I'm going to the dark side, may even paint the ceiling.

queencerulean Sun 19-Mar-17 20:20:46

lib I really liked the skirt! Sorry, I'm often just skim reading quickly and forget what I've read so often forget to comment on Things!

libertydoddle Sun 19-Mar-17 20:48:21

Phew! Thanks Stokey and QueenC.

Stokey i had a dark denim dungaree midi length dress i used to wear in the 90's with a stripy T and now that you mention yours I've remembered. Loved that outfit.

DryWhiteagainW Sun 19-Mar-17 21:01:01

I forgot to open your link Liberty , have looked back...v nice.
Got my ankles out too early last week but felt so good. Out again today...happy day!

DryWhiteagainW Sun 19-Mar-17 21:07:29

Have had a hectic, fantastic weekend...but am wondering whether prosecco doesn't agree with me...hideous acid stomach. Worth it though wink

BerniceBobsHerHair Sun 19-Mar-17 21:21:57

I liked the skirt too Lib and it is very much your style.

I've used a black marker on a wooden heel before Shop but you may not want to do that...

I love the shape of the Cos ones too, shame they are oos - may be worth trying to have a look in town on Saturday?

Speaking of Cos there is free shipping at the moment - I have bought this top - have been looking for a white (not off white) and red striped top for a while so hope this one fits the bill.

Dry I have the same issue with prosecco sad

shopafrolic Sun 19-Mar-17 22:00:00

I might have to NC to Queenofstripes. Love that top Bernice
I may duck out of the MU and hit COS on saturday.

Dreamqueen Mon 20-Mar-17 07:00:42

Found you!!!!! smile

Lib sorry meant to say I like the skirt but got distracted. I like skirts but not having a defined waist I don't think they like me.

Dry & Bernice, Acid stomach is why I don't drink prosecco.

Shop the Cos ones are my favourite too, maybe they'll come back into stock.

queencerulean Mon 20-Mar-17 09:15:22

I need caffeine and chocolate to get me through today. Another sleepless night with a human hot water bottle.

shop I ducked out of a mu once to nip to BR and bought stuff. Only took me about 20mins so was soon back on the prosecco.
dry I get awful acid from prosecco too. I can only drink it one night in a row.

maradesbois Mon 20-Mar-17 09:46:26

Morning,

I am off today, still in dressing gown having coffee which feels so nice and decadent!

Shop haven't done anything about the flatforms trainers yet, still v tempted but need other shoes more than these - ballet flats, summer loafers and sandals - and can't do all the £££ at once. I can wear trainers to work though so they would be a useful buy, will see. Also regarding your shoe links I like the cos ones and can defo see you in them, don't like the wooden heel ones.

Have some jeans and tees in my outnet basket, will link later if I decide to click. Also something from NAP that is very patterned and very summery and somehow calling me on this dreary March day!

Marsha love your spring wardrobe ideas at end of last thread. My opinion is a big yes to emulating that all-white flowing look, yy for white silk blouse, trousers worth a try (like the shape but you'll only know if good from seeing irl. I have a raoul black dress and really like it btw). Also really love the MG block heel pumps, not keen on their bags but really like pretty much all of the shoes. Lanvin ballet pumps with heel look weird imho, like heel just stuck on where it doesn't belong, much prefer the design of these ones. Think you are spot on with your spring colour palette.

Lib fully concur with Bernice about denim skirt, really good for you. Also really like a teal patterned blouse you linked recently but don't think I commented.

Can't believe the MU is less than a week away, really looking forward to it. Very glad you're coming btw One, will be lovely to meet you irl at last smile

maradesbois Mon 20-Mar-17 10:04:19

Oh and I also meant to comment about silk scarves, I am a big scarf wearer but silk squares are the hardest to do and not look like either cabin crew or an ageing bourgeoise. Have a few hermès ones that dh bought as gifts (until I told him to stop ungrateful) which have recently resurrected. For me the best way is to make them work with casual looks like loosely knotted over a sweater, cotton shirt or breton. Saw young French girls doing this in the evenings when we were skiing and liked it

Everyonelovessparkles Mon 20-Mar-17 13:25:43

Found you!

Thanks for the new thread shop. Shame minishop wasn't keen on the noise at the mini rave. I did read that they try to create a 'rave' atmosphere so though my DD might be a bit too young yet. I like both the m&s flats and the &OS ones. I'm no good with sling backs but they like a good transitional season shoe.

I liked the heeled ballet pumps marsha. Hope they're keepers. Hope the early flight wasn't too tough. When is your Lisbon trip?

I quite like a longish scarf but am no good with the small square ones. I have a friend who wears a lot of those as she loves that 50s/60s look. It seems to suit her but I know what mara means about the potential air stewardess look. Enjoy your day off mara. Shame it's so grey and miserable though. Have you got anything planned?

My outnet jeans order came and they are all going back. One pair of 7FAM was too low rise, the rag and bone were too big and the other 7FAM were ok but I'm not sure they were £90 worth ok. I've also got another outnet order to go back, made me think about the comment lib's delivery man made about her outnet orders ! grin Any way, my jeans hunt continues.....

I've also got a big returns to Boden to do. I had bought various things for summer for DD and they are now in the sale plus an extra 20% off. Very very annoying. I've reordered from the sale and will save about £20. I'm so sick of Boden promos. It puts you off buying anything as there's a better offer the following week. shop if you liked you swimming costume and fancied another you can get it in the sale for about 40% off full price. (Rant over)

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Mon 20-Mar-17 13:53:27

Hello all, thanks shop for new thread!

Wish I could post more atm but so busy and stuff going on (was at work all day Saturday -sob sad) but I'll try to catch up...

Bernice/Lib thank you so much for the offer of the book. Funnily enough though DH already bought it after his diagnosis! smile things are going ok with it all I suppose...

Speaking of health issues, I also get the acid from prosecco, but I have really bad acid reflux anyway so I'm used to it (another one on permanent omeprazole).

Marsha I also like the ballet heels and the colour would be great for you.

My MU status is possibly going to be a no, my sister still hasn't had her baby so it looks like Saturday will be the first day we can visit assuming she has her in the week. If not, she has her induction booked for Sat, so if that happens I'll be at the MU and hopefully visiting her Sunday...! grin

DryWhiteagainW Mon 20-Mar-17 20:02:02

It's a shame we won't see you on Saturday Blair but so exciting for your family.

I've ordered this blouse saw it on someone on Friday and thought she looked fab in it........hope I look as good.

Am feeling frills for the MU

queencerulean Mon 20-Mar-17 21:09:13

The human hot water bottle is now on antibiotics and is almost her old self again apart from the snoring from her massive inflamed tonsils. She 'helped' me try on clothes for Saturday and picked out shoes and bag. She picked out heeled boots but I cant decide whether they will cripple me wandering around town but they look better than brogues and I don't think it will be warm enough for ballet flats.
blair tell you sister to keep that baby in so you can come out grin
Another one here wh can't do silk scarves, although to be fair I've never tried! I liked the one ambe had on at a meet up once.

Everyonelovessparkles Tue 21-Mar-17 09:54:33

Glad you are feeling a bit better queenc. I've felt rough with a cold since Friday. It just came out if no where.

I like that blouse dry. I've seen this short sleeve blue blouse but am waiting to see if m&s do another 20% offer soon as am getting fed up buying stuff only for an offer to come along the week after grin

blair exciting about the imminent niece / nephew arrival. Hope all goes ok for your sister.

Has any one seen the studio by preen range from Debenhams? I saw that the frugality was promoting it. There could be a few interesting pieces but the model is not doing anything for the range online! She just looks terrible.

A nice sunny day here. It's putting me in the holiday mood! Looking at maybe going to canaries during oct half term. Anyone stayed any where they would recommend? As it's around my 'big birthday', I'm prepared to splash out a bit. Cheers.

This thread is not accepting new messages.