Advanced search

Support Thread #3 of 2018

(992 Posts)
Groovee Mon 09-Apr-18 07:57:32

New thread peeps!

BasinHaircut Mon 09-Apr-18 08:00:48

Just checking in. 2nd WI this evening.

lostfrequencies Mon 09-Apr-18 08:08:16

Hello! Would love to join you. I've just finished my first 12 week countdown and after losing a stone in the first 4 weeks I then lost focus a bit and ended up with a 1st 5lb loss over all. I have around 6 more stone to lose.

I'm not at work today so I'm planning to do a food shop for the week and batch cook chilli / bolognese / lasagne.

I'm hoping this thread will give me a much needed kick up the bum!

mayathebee Mon 09-Apr-18 08:17:24

Hi, I am starting SW again but just doing it at home. I've also started running again which I hope will help but also makes me hungry. I started last week and lost 4.5lb making me 13 stone 8.5 lb and I'm hoping to get down to 10 stone eventually. I turn 40 next year and I don't want to be fat at 40.

Groovee Mon 09-Apr-18 08:27:33

Welcome @lostfrequencies and @mayathebee

Having overnight grapenuts for breakfast. If I get it right it's like a Cheesecake 😂

Another week of school holidays. Ds is going in for extra maths as exams start in a couple of weeks and Dd is partaking in someone's dance exam. So house to myself for a wee while.

Testarossa1 Mon 09-Apr-18 08:29:02

Good morning. Welcome to the newbies, lots of lovely support on this thread smile

Weigh in today. Hoping for at least 1/2lb then I'll have my 1.5lbs award. Just 2.5lbs to target as well. I went over my syns Thurs and Fri, but been very good over the weekend, so I'm hoping I've clawed it back!!!! We'll see.
B - raspberry wheats and yoghurt
L - soup
D - sausages, mash,veg and gravy. (Sausages 1.5 each, 2 syns for low fat spread in mash and 1 syn for a drizzle of gravy)

BasinHaircut Mon 09-Apr-18 08:47:52

lost welcome and well done! Don’t think of it as if you only lost another 5lbs in the next 8 weeks, you managed to maintain your 1stone PLUS lose another 5lbs! And you are keeping at it when many would have given up. Massive victory in itself right there.

BasinHaircut Mon 09-Apr-18 08:48:57

maya I think you were on the thread last time I was here too. Welcome back!

Testarossa1 Mon 09-Apr-18 10:50:00

Lost another pound this week. So got my 1.5 stone. Really close to my target now.

Oldowl Mon 09-Apr-18 11:04:21

Weighed in this morning as we are at a family do on my normal WI day.

I was 1lb away from target and lost...2lb!!

Yehhh! Now 9st 11.5lb and at the weight I want to be.

Thank you for all the support, encouragement and recipe ideas.

Well done Testa, nearly there.

Groovee Mon 09-Apr-18 11:13:53

Well done @Testarossa1 and @Oldowl 🎉🎉 on to target now Old.

Testarossa1 Mon 09-Apr-18 11:57:11

Well done owl. I've another 1.5lbs to go, 9st 10 is my target. Hoping to have a really good week so I get there next week, fingers crossed!

Flutterby81 Mon 09-Apr-18 12:55:24

Haven’t been on for a while but well down to all the losers and well done @oldowl for getting to target that must be a fantastic feeling 🎉
@lostfrequencies 1.5 stone on 12 weeks is a fantastic loss smile

Making cheeseburger pasta for dinner tonight was a hit last time I made it and I love how quick and simple it is when I get in from work.

mayathebee Mon 09-Apr-18 13:41:54

Wow, some great loses on this thread!

I'm at home this week so I'm trying out some new recipes since I don't usually have time and I get bored quickly. I have pulled pork in the slow cooker, gammon soaking ready to make campfire stew tomorrow, chicken marinading for gyro kebabs and some fajita pasta on the hob for lunch. I had delicious 'dirty fries' yesterday. Are there any other recipes I should be trying out? What's your favourite?

MumInTheCity Mon 09-Apr-18 13:52:16

Just checking in - well done owl and testa, I've got my weigh in tonight, fingers crossed for a loss!

Groovee Mon 09-Apr-18 14:32:46

@mayathebee I like nacho Style Feast but it's a non work day I make that. Cajun chicken pasta is a favourite too. I like the quick veg risotto too but I add chicken and bacon to it.

mayathebee Mon 09-Apr-18 14:35:42

Thanks @Groovee - I'll have look at the nacho feast. I've seen the cajun pasta and it looks delicious but does it have raw egg in it? Do you just mix it with the cheese and pour it over the pasta? I'm not generally fussy but the idea of raw egg puts me off.

boats16 Mon 09-Apr-18 14:54:21

Welcome newcomers 😀😀😀
Well done Testarossa and Old 🎉🎉🎉🎉
Good luck for tonite * Mum*

lostfrequencies Mon 09-Apr-18 15:49:40

Thank you basin that's made me view it in a different way. I have done so many crash diets so I'm used to seeing massive losses each week (and gained back even quicker!). It's hard to adjust to a pound or two. The last diet I did a few years ago was a milkshake one where I had just 3 150cal shakes a day. It made me really sick and I got so scared to eat actual food that I started taking laxatives regularly. Awful!

It's such a cliche but I am trying to make SW a lifestyle adjustment rather than see it as "just another diet I'm going to fail".

lostfrequencies Mon 09-Apr-18 15:50:32

Thank you flutterby and ooh, cheeseburger pasta, I've not tried that one yet.

MyGuideJools Mon 09-Apr-18 15:51:57

Thanks for the new thread Groovee
welcome newbies!🙋‍♀️
well done on the brilliant losses every one!

I lost 2lb at weigh in today, that's a stone since start of Feb.
I've still got along way to go. I lost 5 stone last year, put 3 back on after my dear dad died.
So I'm back on the straight and narrow but would dearly love to lose another 3.
It's seems to be coming off a lot more slowly than 1st time around.

MyGuideJools Mon 09-Apr-18 15:55:24

sorry I've no idea where the rogue emojies came from!!

Groovee Mon 09-Apr-18 15:58:12

@mayathebee

For me Cajun chicken pasta is fry up the onion and chicken and peppers if having. Then while doing that cook the pasta. Then add Cajun spice, then half a tub of go go mature cheddar cheese spread per person then melt and add the pasta and mix well. I then stir some spinach through it before serving.

mayathebee Mon 09-Apr-18 16:02:46

Thanks Groovee, that sounds lovely. The version I saw had 2 eggs mixed into the go go cheese and then it was just poured over the pasta.

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 09-Apr-18 16:55:37

afternoon all

some fab loses,welldone

made campfire stew today,been in the slowcooker since 8am-what do you all have with it

b toast b marmite fruit
l tuna salad mayo light 2
t campfire stew

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: