Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Robbieeeee! It's meee, it's Jessieeee! I've come home. I'm so cold! Let me in-a-your window. The Archers pay homage to Wuthering Heights?

(980 Posts)
PseudoBadger Sun 19-Oct-14 06:59:24

A new thread in time for the film this morning.

PetulaGordino Sun 19-Oct-14 08:24:10

Thanks for the new thread!

HamAndPlaques Sun 19-Oct-14 08:28:41

Great title. Marking place.

Panzee Sun 19-Oct-14 08:33:41

:D

LillianGish Sun 19-Oct-14 08:46:26

Marks place.

ppeatfruit Sun 19-Oct-14 08:56:06

DadDadIs funny on the last thread . Thanks for this one Psuedo grin

ZeroSomeGameThingy Sun 19-Oct-14 08:59:42

Linton or Isabella would be welcome new names in Ambridge - if Jess hasn't made her mind up yet....

thanks

PinkSquash Sun 19-Oct-14 09:02:03

grin great thread title. Haven't listened to TA for a while but I've been meaning to get back into it.

BuildYourOwnSnowman Sun 19-Oct-14 09:03:18

Daddad- you need to give us your date for this thread!

(Are you carol the witch in real life?)

DadDadDad Sun 19-Oct-14 09:38:48

Glad to keep you entertained.

No witchery involved - I do it all in a spreadsheet with data and formulae, with a bit of expert judgement thrown in: for example, my formulae don't allow for the Saturday lull, when this thread tends to go quiet, so when my spreadsheet said last thread would end on 18th, I tweaked it to 19th. Turned out to be a very close call. Er, why have your eyes glazed over? smile

I'll make a prediction for this thread in the week, once the "omnibus kick" has had time to work through.

Eastpoint Sun 19-Oct-14 09:44:48

I wondered if Rob was posting back legal documents when he said to Susan that they needed to be signed for. I'm also not sure why he's supposed to be bad at his job, he was not very good at the farm open day but giving tours isn't really what running a herd of cows is about is it? I wouldn't expect someone who spent hours with cows & filling in paper work to have good PR skills. (Sorry if I have offended any herd managers).

trevortrevorslattery Sun 19-Oct-14 09:54:07

Morning! Thanks for the new thread

ZeroSomeGameThingy Sun 19-Oct-14 09:56:15

Oh, it wasn't just Open Farm Sunday. He was extremely unimpressive in his meeting with Charlie a while ago when he was challenged about various things he should have been on top of.

I've often wondered just how he got the job in the first place.

CuttedUpPear Sun 19-Oct-14 10:01:31

Checking in!
And listening to the film in bed smile

PseudoBadger Sun 19-Oct-14 10:07:25

DadDad very impressive! I was toying with a title all last evening but wasn't happy with any of them. I pondered it again when dd woke at 2am but couldn't be bothered.
Then I realised I had to do it when I woke at 7 before I went back to sleep for my weekly lie in. A complex set of events which you, YOU, predicted. Well done that man.

BoreOfWhabylon Sun 19-Oct-14 10:12:10

Squeee! So proud to have inspired the title!

Thanks for the new thread PseudoBadger and DadDadDad you and your Spreadshit did very well <pats head indulgently>

BoreOfWhabylon Sun 19-Oct-14 10:14:01

Err... insert a few of these , as you see fit in the above post blush

justiceofthePeas Sun 19-Oct-14 10:14:50

Spreadshitgrin is that a piece of farm machinery?

BoreOfWhabylon Sun 19-Oct-14 10:15:36

grin

DadDadDad Sun 19-Oct-14 10:18:42

Wow! When you put it like that it makes me think some spirit of prophecy is subconsciously guiding me through what on the surface is a rational mathematical calculation.

But then I think a spirit of prophecy has probably got better things to do than divining the future of a thread on Mumsnet!

PseudoBadger Sun 19-Oct-14 10:20:41

Even more impressive as I hadn't seen your prediction so couldn't have been subconsciously working towards it

PrincessFiorimonde Sun 19-Oct-14 10:22:24

Thanks for the new thread. I've only just heard Friday's episode. When Lynda said she was planning a one-woman show I immediately thought of the Vagina Monologues -- but I see BYOS beat me to it on the other thread.

DadDadDad Sun 19-Oct-14 10:23:29

A few threads back, "spreadshit" became a bit of a joke, and I thought it sounded like something Charlie would actually have: you know some kind of statistical model in Excel to tell him when and where to deploy optimum levels of muck, a spread-shit spreadsheet.

BoreOfWhabylon Sun 19-Oct-14 10:27:04

Spreadshitting music!

BuildYourOwnSnowman Sun 19-Oct-14 10:30:54

Great minds princess! Maybe she will hay do 'an evening with....Lynda snell' and the village will find out she had a really remarkable past

There have been a few comments made about rob in a throwaway nature that seem to imply he is mr average at work.

I'm bored of the phoebe/Roy arguing now. And I was bored of the affair a whole ago. Can't bear the village gossip side of things to come.

Hoping this doesn't turn into a teenager hating her dad story as its bit very groundbreaking. Also can't listen to it with dh around as it awakens unhappy memories in him so it's all very inconvenient.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now