Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant after Missed Miscarriage MMC

(336 Posts)
Smilingdonkey Sun 28-Jun-20 09:48:30

Hi, starting this thread -very tentitively- as a graduation from the TTC after MMC group. A couple of us have begun to get BFPs and I would like a space to go though this with people who get why I'm so anxious - especially in the first trimester! Some of the other threads are so big and rather gung ho and I want to tread a bit gently right now!
I am only 4 weeks but have been getting progressively darker tests since 7-8dpo.
I'm becoming more certain this is not a chemical but I am being so cautious! Definitely too scared to work out a EDD yet!

OP’s posts: |
Sakura54 Sun 28-Jun-20 10:11:16

Wahey, another new thread!

I'm due 1st March. Didn’t expect it to happen straightaway as my MMC was only 2 months ago at 13 weeks (baby stopped at 7), so tentatively joining too. Petrified of another MC.

I was going to say this to you in the other thread but I feel you. It’s hard to believe I’m in this position again. All these days I was checking tissue hoping for AF to start, now I’m checking to make sure there is nothing there - not that having no blood means anything as we well know. It’s still too early. Heck, one time when I was TTC, AF came 2 weeks late but they said it was a BFN. I don’t think I will have a private scan, because I don’t want to see the baby/heartbeat and let my guard down.

Furbabymum15 Sun 28-Jun-20 10:20:11

Congratulations ladies I'm hoping to join you soon ❤️

bubblybon20 Sun 28-Jun-20 10:21:23

Hi, I'm on another thread. But I agree with how you're both feeling. Mine wasn't a MMC, but a natural miscarriage in April, which still feels pretty fresh, I found out on 22nd June I was pregnant again and the line has started to progress, and have a digital to confirm it. But I am still not getting excited as much as I feel I should. Last month I had all the symptoms of pregnancy and was 4 days late, which I am guessing could of been a CP.

It's so hard to get excited during these first few weeks. And once I've passed 9 weeks I will start to relax (slightly)

I hope you're both okay. It's such a difficult situation on not getting your hopes up so much, but then also really hoping it's a sticky bean. Just got to take one day at a time. X

Jonathancreek Sun 28-Jun-20 11:03:46

Hi guys,
I'd like to cautiously join the thread. I'm currently 6 weeks pregnant. I've had 2 MMC in the past year (twins in Sept & a single in Feb). I've been waiting months for this BFP but now it's here my anxiety feels through the roof. I'm obsessively reading about miscarriages which I know I need to stop doing. I'm glad we can support each other through this scary journey.

Smilingdonkey Sun 28-Jun-20 11:10:02

Hi everyone 👋
I am riddled with anxiety. Going to book an early scan - I know it won't help my nerves for long but I need to just know all is ok at the moment. One day at a time!

Jonathancreek Sun 28-Jun-20 11:17:05

I've booked a scan for Saturday. I've found lots the private places near me are booked up for the next 3 weeks (which certainly wasn't the case pre CV). So it may be worth having a check now if you want to book one in for a few weeks time.

WellHurrahAndHuzzah Sun 28-Jun-20 11:24:53

Hello, please can I cautiously join?

I'm currently 6+5 and due 16.02.21 (I think!).

I had a MMC in October where the pregnancy had ended at 11 weeks.

I'm not planning on having any early scans but I know I'll be utterly bricking it for my scan. I had two early scans last time at 8 & 10 weeks due to bleeding, and all looked well on them so unfortunately I was overly reassured. I'm so worried about having to go for the scan without my partner there for support.

It's really nice to have a group where others understand the anxiety involved after a MMC.

flowers

N1n44 Sun 28-Jun-20 13:54:35

Hi everyone,

I had a MMC in November at 10 weeks, but all up I’ve have 4 MCs in the last 18 months, plus one failed IVF transfer. I’m 41 and had given up hope when I fell pregnant naturally in March. I lost it in April, but to my utter astonishment fell pregnant again the next cycle. My doctor was amazing, giving me a scan a week from 6 to 10 weeks. I’m now 12 weeks exactly and it’s been 10 days since my last scan. I still have a heap of symptoms, but my morning sickness has eased off the last few days and I am terrified! My next scan isn’t for another 5 days and I’m not sure how I’ll get through. The fear of another MMC is all-consuming. confused

welshladywhois40 Sun 28-Jun-20 14:49:17

Can I join you ladies? Currently 9 weeks and counting down days till 10 weeks.

I cope with one week count downs.

I had a mmc last July and mc in February.

For me weeks 8-10 are the worst as that is when I lost my last two babies.

For those a bit behind me I recommend early scan which we did last week and saw a heartbeat (lots of happy crying for a change) and I have deferred my booking in appointment till week 10. I found it so cruel last time to 'book in' and miscarry two days later!

Good luck to us all!

MrsTtobe Sun 28-Jun-20 14:50:21

Hi ladies, been looking for a group like this for a week or so. Currently 6+3 I think. Got pregnant end of Jan and sadly lost the baby (natural spontaneous mc) at 11 weeks. I had a private scan at 8 weeks and everything was fine. Heard the heartbeat etc so like a few of you have said I had false hope. Read somewhere that mc is very rare after hearing a heartbeat at 8 weeks. 😔
I literally have an anxiety attack every single time I go to the toilet, it's horrible. I'm terrified of 12 week scan. It's all consuming. I think until we're holding baby in our arms I just won't be able to relax.
Symptoms wise, a little nausea and just either not hungry or starving. And very tired. Anyone got lots of cm? I keep running to the loo to check im not bleeding. X

Smilingdonkey Sun 28-Jun-20 14:52:51

@jonathoncreek ... Hadn't even thought of them being booked up! I'm too scared to even book one now in case I miscarry again. God this anxiety is hardcore!

Smilingdonkey Sun 28-Jun-20 14:56:27

@N144 you have come a long way! So close now to perhaps a little less anxiety in the second trimester 🤞 You doctor sounds fab 😊 xxx

Sakura54 Sun 28-Jun-20 15:19:50

Hi again @bubblybon20 I think I’ve mentioned MCs in most of my posts in the other pregnancy thread (as you may have seen?) so it’s good to have this thread, as I don’t want to scare anyone lol. Your MC and now BFP timeline is the same as mine and @Smilingdonkey. I think it's normal to not feel excited. I usually feel nothing when I’m pregnant but this time there’s some anxiety and disbelief!

Thanks @Furbabymum15

welshladywhois40 Sun 28-Jun-20 15:36:04

N1n44 (don't know how to tag) well done for getting to so far - hang in there you are doing great and i will join you in the plus 40 club! Two weeks from my 41st and preying to be still pregnant then!

Smilingdonkey Sun 28-Jun-20 17:35:39

Ladies I still haven't told my partner. I don't know why. It's like in scared if I tell him something will go wrong. 😩 I know that's irrational. I feel so guilty. I'm at my parents at the moment (breaking lockdown rules 4 days early 😬😬) I will tell him tomorrow - maybe that will enable me get a bit more excited about it ...

bubblybon20 Sun 28-Jun-20 17:48:38

@Sakura54 yes we do all seem in similar situations, which in some way is nice to have that. As some people don't see the stress, and anxiety behind it all.

@Smilingdonkey I also haven't told my husband, he was absolutely gutted when I had my MC in April. I was going to wait until I'm past 9 weeks, but that seems so so far away 🤦🏻‍♀️

Smilingdonkey Sun 28-Jun-20 20:14:38

@bubblybon19 there is no way I could hide it that long! In my last two pregnancies (one with DD and one with MMC at 13 weeks) I was violently sick from about week 6 😭! It's weird isn't it - I feel quite private about it (apart from the dozens of women on Mumsnet who know my uterus inside out obviously 😬) I'm glad it's not just me who has not told a partner yet xxx

Smilingdonkey Sun 28-Jun-20 20:15:02

Sorry I got your name wrong!

bubblybon20 Sun 28-Jun-20 20:18:30

@Smilingdonkey yes I don't think il keep it quite much longer tho! 🤣 just don't want to get him excited incase something happens again this time, although I imagine he'll be more hurt not telling him. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I will probably wait a couple more weeks tho 😅 x

Ranoutofgoodnames Sun 28-Jun-20 21:26:17

Hello - checking in from the other thread. Still no symptoms and kind of waiting for bad news as you know but if by some miracle I get good news I will be back! Currently about six weeks pregnant going by dates xx

Char1127 Sun 28-Jun-20 23:27:27

Hi
I had a MMC in Feb this year, baby stopped growing at 6/7 weeks but didn’t actually have the miscarriage it’s self until 12 weeks, that was 3 months ago and I’ve just found out I’m pregnant again. I’m about 4/5weeks I think and today I’ve been getting sharp stabbing pains (like I had before with the MMC) and now I’m worried it’s all going wrong again 😞
Is anyone else experiencing pains?

Smilingdonkey Mon 29-Jun-20 00:02:55

@char1127 I have a similar story, miscarriage on April 20th at 13 weeks but baby stopped growing at 6-7 weeks. I'm about 4 weeks now.
I have had all sorts it cramps and twinges and pains and did with my DD in 2018 ... In fact I had more of these pains with her successful pregnancy than with the MMC this year. I think it's normal but that doesn't help us and won't stop us worrying 😩

@ranoutofgoodnames good to see you here 🤞🤞🤞 Keeping everything crossed for you 😊 xxxx

Char1127 Mon 29-Jun-20 00:11:26

@Smilingdonkey thank you, that’s made me feel a bit better!
I’m definitely going to book an early scan!
Hope all goes well with your pregnancy! Keeping everything crosses for all of us on here 🤞🏼

Smilingdonkey Mon 29-Jun-20 08:24:40

@bublybon I would wait but I reckon he'd be fuming 😬🤣

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »