Talk

Advanced search

Catching up with those from TTC thread 5!

(994 Posts)
Tropicana1 Thu 04-Jul-19 20:39:00

Took me ages to work out my post wouldn't work because the last thread was full!!

@MrsEG @MrsC87 @Fivebyfive2 @Delilah7 @EltzBee @Crossfitgirl @CobaltRose96 @BabySquid @LikeTheFruit @daisiesandpeonies

(Runs back to old thread for more names... bloody baby brain!)

Tropicana1 Thu 04-Jul-19 20:43:16

@Bostonfern @thumper59 @purplefig @MrsR16 @LindyMoe

Tropicana1 Thu 04-Jul-19 20:44:27

This is easier! Found the due date list 😊

@RanchoRelaxo 15th July ❤️
@MrsC87 DD 16th July, but induction 3rd July with a 💙
@mrsof20118 31st July
@sullywifey 4th August
@sunshine1987 4th August
@Cookie0508 5th August 💙
@canonlyhopexo 9th August
@crossfitgirl 9th August
@EltzBee due 30th August ❤️
@stormtrooperjulian 23rd September 💙
@thumper59 due 4th November 💙
@TrashKitten10 due 6th November ❤️
@Bostonfern due 27th November 💙
@MrsR16 due 18th Dec
@Tropicana1 Due 6th Jan
@Fivebyfive2 EDD 11th Jan
@Bettythecat EDD 6th Feb
@BabySquid* EDD 13th Feb

Tropicana1 Thu 04-Jul-19 20:44:58

Thanks ladies! @Fivebyfive2 yes we are twinning through this I love it!

@MrsEG @purplefig I was so into beige foods when my sickness was it's worst. Couldn't open the fridge, couldn't stomach fruit. I've now turned a corner and am back into vegetables and fruit 🙌🏻 but it's amazing the things that turn your stomach initially!

@LikeTheFruit yea that's right had emergency surgery 2 days after finding out and then off work for 4 weeks! Back to feeling myself again now though which is great!

BostonFern Thu 04-Jul-19 20:59:27

Thanks for starting this thread @Tropicana1

MrsC87 Thu 04-Jul-19 21:40:07

Hey ladies so I have an update,
So my 24 hour pessary has worked and they can break my waters as I’m 2-3 cm dilated, however they don’t have the beds on delivery! Looking at a 2-3 day wait as I’m last on the waiting list at the moment! So frustrated! 😤
Fingers Crossed waters go on their own so I can jump the queue!!

BostonFern Thu 04-Jul-19 21:47:55

I've got my fingers crossed for you @MrsC87!

Fivebyfive2 Thu 04-Jul-19 22:07:07

@Tropicana1, thanks for the thread!

@MrsEG, good luck at your scan tomorrow!

@MrsC87, fingers crossed you get to the front of the que xxx

MrsC87 Thu 04-Jul-19 22:23:37

@Fivebyfive2 @BostonFern thanks ladies, however one lady has been waiting since Monday Night 😳

MrsEG Thu 04-Jul-19 22:36:47

@Tropicana1 Bring on the beige haha, I had a bagel with cream cheese for dinner! Thanks for the new thread smile

@purplefig Oh fab, good luck for Sunday (do chase the midwife too though!!) I am in work in the morning yeah, hoping it will take my mind off it!

@Fivebyfive2 Thank you - oddly calm now but ask me again at 2:45...

@MrsC87 Oh Hun! Have you got a birthing ball you could be bouncing about on?? I’ll keep my fingers crossed it happens for you asap!

MrsC87 Thu 04-Jul-19 22:45:55

Yep got the ball @MrsEG & I walking the grounds of the hospital every day!
Feeling low as it's so hard to sleep in here too! Xx

Cookie0508 Fri 05-Jul-19 00:02:32

Checking in!

Fingers crossed for you @MrsC87! xx

mrsof20118 Fri 05-Jul-19 03:50:24

@MrsC87 hoping it progresses for you soon. So close now!

MrsC87 Fri 05-Jul-19 06:19:19

So I managed to sleep last night 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻 getting on the exercise today, come on waters please go!!! Thanks for your support ladies 😘😘

GemmaJen Fri 05-Jul-19 06:45:52

Checking in, been a busy few months. 30weeks today! 🙈

BostonFern Fri 05-Jul-19 06:49:20

@MrsC87 great news you got some sleep.

@MrsEG hope everything goes well today x

I'm still wiped out with tonsillitis, eaten far too many ice lollies to try to help with the pain (think I'm turning into one). My brother and SIL were blessed with the arrival of their second child yesterday, a daughter- I'm so happy for them, and it also makes me more excited to meet my own little boy.

purplefig Fri 05-Jul-19 07:20:11

@BabySquid oh that's exciting! I think I'll be 8+5. It's an ultrasound but you can upgrade (lol) to internal scan if necessary. Bit nervous as my symptoms seem to have disappeared for the last two days.

@Tropicana1 thanks for starting the thread. The beige food addiction is funny isn't it?! My nausea seems to have curbed itself yesterday and today. Only 8+3 so a bit worried. Tried to make the most of it and eat healthily but difficult to appreciate.

@MrsC87 oh my goodness that's so frustrating! Is it a case of waiting it out?! Hope you're holding up ok.

@BostonFern that sounds painful - at least in this weather ice lollies are appealing and easy to come by!

@MrsEG thinking of you today. So not long to go now.

BabySquid Fri 05-Jul-19 07:40:06

@Tropicana1 thanks for starting this, I totally wasn't sure ok how to do it!

@MrsC87 I hope your waters go on their own so you can jump queue! Feeling sorry for that lady there since Monday tho, bet she's climbing the walls!!

@BostonFern I don't envy you at all, I had my tonsils out when I was young coz I kept getting it!

@purplefig I'm sure you'll be fine hun, just think of all those ladies who don't even know their pregnant because they have no symptoms at all! They're still fine, and you and your little bean will be too 🤗

Midwife today!! I'm excited to meet her/him, more happy that I get to leave work at 1:30 and boss told me not to bother coming back after, to enjoy my weekend!! Best ever!!

MrsR16 Fri 05-Jul-19 08:08:47

Morning you wonderful group of ladies! How are we all? Thanks for the new thread @Tropicana1 😊

I'm finally getting a proper teeny tiny baby bump! It's so obvious to me, but people who don't know me very well can't see any difference 😂 bring on the maternity trousers!

@MrsC87 ooh, I'm so excited for you! I hope your waters go soon...

@BostonFern I really feel for you... I had my tonsils out when I was 14 because they were so problematic! Look after yourself and definitely eat as many ice lollies as you want!

@BabySquid exciting day for you! And even better you don't need to go back to work! You lucky thing! I'd be told to go back for sure, even if it was just for 20 mins! Let us know how it goes

EltzBee Fri 05-Jul-19 08:56:31

@MrsC87 oh gosh! You'd think if they induce you early for a reason they ought to follow through, how daft! Hope things move soon!

MrsEG Fri 05-Jul-19 09:37:05

@MrsC87 Good luck!!! Come on, waters!

@GemmaJen Hello lovely thought I hadn’t spotted your name on here, 30 weeks!! On the home run now smile

@BostonFern Thanks Hun and enjoy those ice lollies! I’ve been obsessed with Soleros the past few weeks - enjoy any excuse to eat them!

@purplefig Thank you, had a really restless sleep I’ve basically been awake since 4; so much for being calm!

@BabySquid Lucky you!! Have a fab afternoon smile

@MrsR16 Ha bring on those maternity pants - who doesn’t love a good elasticated waist band!! If I don’t stop with the cheese and carbs soon I’ll be wondering if sweatpants can be acceptable in the office...

Feeling a bit funky today; woke up a lot at night needing to pee and just couldn’t get back to sleep. Also (TMI) I am soo ‘juicy’ downstairs at the moment, it’s driving me a bit mental. Also appear to have a really weird taste in my mouth, like I’ve been drinking water out of a metal cup. All very peculiar! Scan at 3 today to finally put me out of my bloody misery. DH is taking us to Wagamama once it’s done so I have something to look forward to!

Have a fab Friday ladies and great weekends x

MrsC87 Fri 05-Jul-19 09:49:27

Bouncing Away, come on waters 🤞😆🤪

EltzBee Fri 05-Jul-19 10:23:32

@MrsEG ah bless you! The metallic taste is really normal, it's quite a common pregnancy thing you'll be pleased to know!! Hope the scan goes well and enjoy wagamama. I really fancy yasai katsu curry now....!

@MrsC87 good luck, hope todays the day!!!

32 weeks today, due date feels both close and miles away!

One of my friends made me laugh yesterday (thankfully I found it funny anyway....) regaling me with horrors of things she's heard about childbirth and how terrible it is etc and why didn't I ask for a c-sec or plan on asking for all the drugs etc....ah yes, because opting for major surgery is obviously the 'easier' choice?! Mind you, she faints at the sight of a needle or having a blood test so....

purplefig Fri 05-Jul-19 10:43:26

@MrsEG Oh god I remember feeling very 'juicy' too for a good while after BFP. Still got stuff, er, going on. But it has calmed down. Decided to chase midwives on Monday after my private scan on Sunday. I've got everything crossed for you - but all your symptoms are so positive. And I cannot begin to tell you how envious I am of wagamamas.

@EltzBee oh some people just love to be dramatic don't they! At least you found the funny side of it. I used to think the same as your friend...before it struck me that c-section is major abdominal surgery.

EltzBee Fri 05-Jul-19 12:42:08

@purplefig they really do! I think she was getting annoyed that I'm not letting myself get worked up/stressed about labour. I mean, baby has to come out and women have bee doing it since day dot, so I'm going to go with trusting my body knows what it needs to do. Yeah, a c-section is really major surgery - when it's needed or in an emergency it's exactly the right thing to do of course, but I think people definitely seem to underestimate what it actually means!

Hopefully you hear back from the midwives soon - how many weeks are you now? My booking appointment wasn't til 11 weeks, and I had my date for my 12wk dating scan through in the post before that.

@MrsEG yeah that feeling of being 'wet' down there does come and go, I remember it being particularly noticeable to me quite early on! It had all gone more 'normal' again but I've noticed the past couple of weeks it's picked up a bit more, d'oh!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »