Talk

Advanced search

Due January 2019 (2nd thread)

(998 Posts)
InDreamland Sat 09-Jun-18 21:35:35

Hello
Last thread was closed............?

InDreamland Sat 09-Jun-18 21:38:41

@sexnotgender hope you're starting to feel better now. You're really having a rough time of it. Makes me feel guilty having a moan about more minor things like my sensitive/achy boobs, tastebuds making everything taste bland/weird, foggy head and tiredness.

@socksonradiator I hope you managed to get plenty of rest today.

cryptonaut Sun 10-Jun-18 00:34:31

Aha, I thought it was weird not to see anything new since the morning. Hello again. I hope everyone who has been having a hard time is starting to feel a little better.

I think I might be starting to see something, not noticeable through clothes. My stomach has been swollen for a few weeks now (from the bloat) but if I have a look side on in the mirror (requires nakedness blush) I can see where the bloat ends and there's what looks like a dip/dent(-thing) with a bit of a bulge at the very bottom in the area where I would normally have menstrual cramps (this definitely wasn't there a week ago). I may just be seeing things as I'm only 8+6 and am very desperate to meet the little bean already.

chickita04 Sun 10-Jun-18 06:18:11

Hey ladies,

Wondered what happened with the other post.
I'm really struggling with sleep at the mo. Takes me forever to get off to sleep and woke for yet another wee at 4.30am and been up since! 😩

socksonradiator Sun 10-Jun-18 06:53:03

Thanks @indreamland & @byanyothername
Yesterday wasn't too bad, mainly a dragging feeling and brown clotted loss. Unfortunately this morning I have woke to painful cramping and dragging feeling exactly like a period. No bright red heavy blood loss yet but a much heavier flow of dark red blood. We're both accepting the fact that this is unlikely to end well sad

sexnotgender Sun 10-Jun-18 06:59:08

So sorry socksonradiatorflowers

Registered with my new doctor and got my booking in appointment for the 20th I’ll be 9+2 so excited.

byanyothernamerose Sun 10-Jun-18 08:10:33

@socksonradiator thinking everything positive for you right now...I feel like we are all in this incredibly unique position to really understand how you must be feeling...at least a little anyway...sending hugs..

Lavendersblue42 Sun 10-Jun-18 11:23:14

Sending virtual hugs [socksonradiator] flowers
Having a cracking day, ibs severe cramps, vomiting and passed out on the way to bathroom hitting my glasses (now broken) into my eye so got a lovely shiner! Not how I wanted to spend my time on holiday ha
Hope everyone else is having a better time today xx

InDreamland Sun 10-Jun-18 13:33:51

@socksonradiator sending you hugs as positive vibes. Hopefully all is still well and just a horrible scare flowers

@sexnotgender that's good that you've registered and have a booking appointment.

@Lavendersblue42 hope you start you feel better soon as the eye goes down quickly.

I was up a couple of times in the night for the loo needing to pee and then was up earlier than usual. Managed to go to church and felt fine but then got home and charged on sofa. Woke up 10 mins ago. So tired.

Buttercup53 Mon 11-Jun-18 07:45:14

I can’t remember the last time I had a proper nights sleep. Every time my DH moves it jolts me awake, I’ve got constant indigestion when I lie down, and when I do manage to drop off I’m having weird, vivid dreams which I wake up from feeling stressed out. I didn’t think I’d be dealing with this at 10 weeks, I thought this was something that that happened much later on!

cryptonaut Mon 11-Jun-18 08:20:29

Currently London-bound for customer meetings all week. Didn't sleep well, then up early to get ready. So tired right now. Don't know how I'm going to last the whole week doing this every day (sigh)

Kate0706 Mon 11-Jun-18 08:39:32

Hi guys smile
I’m wondering if anyone else has a similar situation to me and what people’s thoughts are on it. I don’t have a close relationship with my mum i See her every now and then but don’t make a huge effort to spend lots of time with her and we don’t have that kind of relationship that most mothers and daughters have. There’s a big long history to it but let’s just say she’s not a very nice person. I told her I’m pregnant and when I do speak to her she keeps talking about being at my birth. I’m afraid that won’t be happening. I need to be as calm as possible and my mother is not the person I need there. I want my partner and my mother in law there with me, I’m not a nasty person and know having my mother in law there will really hurt my mums feelings but the reality is I’m much closer to her than my own mum. I thought about just having my partner there with me but I think and he agrees that he’s probably going need someone else not just to support me but to support him too, he will
Panic as soon as I look even a bit in pain and start freaking out but his mum will be able to snap him out of that quite easily my
Mum would make him worse.
Any ideas on how to tell my mum?

CrackersDontMatter Mon 11-Jun-18 10:27:35

Hi everyone!

Please can I join you? I’m somewhere between 7w and 7+3. I’m still feeling alright, my boobs are absolutely killing me, my lower back hurts and I’ve started falling asleep at tea time but not a lot of nausea yet. I was a bit concerned that I don’t feel sick because it usually kicks in by 6 weeks for me but If I remember rightly, I it was around 8 weeks with my first (she’s 13 now so it’s not exactly fresh in my mind). So I’m trying not to worry too much but my last two pregnancies ended before 6 weeks and it’s so hard to shake that nagging doubt!

Staying positive

Wowthisisreal Mon 11-Jun-18 12:06:11

@sexnotgender glad (not glad obv) that someone else is experiencing diarrhoea! Everything I seem to read talks about constipation but I'm having the opposite issue. 'Morning sickness' kicked into full force on Thursday - had to go home had blinding headache too. Been sick every day since. Completely gone off food.

This pregnancy business is no joke. Genuinely wondering how women do the whole 'being at work with no one realising' thing?!

I went to a baby shower this weekend and all my friends were talking baby stuff and I felt / got totally left out - I just wanted to shout "I'm in the club too now!!" But couldn't 😫

cryptonaut Mon 11-Jun-18 12:12:00

@Kate0706 I have a similar situation where I'm not close to my mum and am closer to MIL. I rarely see my mum, there's also a long history, and it's not that my mums a nasty person but she has her own issues which has really strained our relationship. I've told my dad and the in-laws but I haven't told my mum yet because I know she won't have the reaction that you'd expect from a mother and I don't want to ruin the positivity and excitement I currently feel. Also, if something were to go wrong then it's not really something I want my mum to know about so I'm holding off until after my scan. It's slightly different where she probably won't even want to visit me in the hospital after let alone be there but if she does decide she wants to be there then I'm going to have to tell her I don't her there as well. If I have any ideas I'll let you know.

CrackersDontMatter Mon 11-Jun-18 14:03:52

@Wowthisisreal I’m swinging between the two. It’s so frustrating. I’ve got a hen do later in the year and we’ve been asked to state dietary requirements and whether we will be drinking or not. I haven’t responded as it’s on a group chat with all my sisters in law.

InDreamland Mon 11-Jun-18 20:57:57

Hiya. How's everyone doing today? My stomach is so bloated today, it's huge! As usual tiredness really hits me around 3pm and I'm struggling in the office. Apart from that and peeing more than I did before being pg I've not felt too awful today and thinking I should be worried about little bean because I am not suffering like what most people seem to.

Noodles14 Mon 11-Jun-18 21:15:19

@InDreamland I am the same as you. Feeling so tired by around 3pm, needing to pee a lot and my stomach is so bloated today- feel like I already look 4/5 months pregnant already I did have 4 biscuits today at a meeting. I am too worried about the lack of other symptoms- no real sickness, only occasional nauseous feeling, boobs feeling ok ish! Roll on the first scan to put our minds at rest hopefully!

Miffy201 Mon 11-Jun-18 21:18:32

@InDreamland I feel the same.. Although I am worrying about of loss of symptoms again, where last time my worries were for nothing. On Saturday the "all day nausea" seemed to kick in (although it wasn't strong nausea comparing to what I imagine some people feel), but I've felt absolutely fine today and pretty good yesterday too. I'm not sure if my body adapts super quickly or if something is wrong.. Or maybe I've just been so busy today I haven't had time to notice. So many ifs and maybes!

sexnotgender Mon 11-Jun-18 21:18:51

I feel super bloated today too, tired and fat is how I feel.

Buttercup53 Mon 11-Jun-18 21:35:09

I hear you guys on the bloat. I wake up looking pretty slim, by the time I go to bed at night my trousers no longer fit. I keep having cravings for Big Macs too, so I’m not careful it’s not gonna be bloat! I know it’s a real craving too because I’d never normally want something to eat like that.

I see lots of people worrying on MN about symptoms coming and going. I don’t know if it’s helpful, but when I went to a&e because of intense cramping, I mentioned the fact that I seem to feel different not only every day, but throughout the day too. And the dr basically said ‘yeah... that’s normal’. I’ve never been pregnant before so who knows what’s normal, but I think everyone would be a lot happier for savouring the moments of feeling well, rather than worrying about them, unless there’s another sign on top of it that somethings wrong (intense stomach pains, bleeding, etc). I get so anxious about the tiniest thing, I’ve had to just decide not to worry about symptoms or id genuinely drive myself insane.

InDreamland Mon 11-Jun-18 22:58:08

Wow, kinda glad that others are sharing the bloated thing (sorry), makes me feel more normal. Especially with the coming and going of the other symptoms - it's slightly reassuring to hear that it is normal too although I will still worry (FTM too so no idea how being pregnant is supposed to be). Absolutely agree - bring on the 12 week scan! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas on the 22nd December and feel like it's taking a year to come around. Just under 5 weeks now until the scan - on Friday 13th July ........... being superstitious that is not a good date for me!

Miffy201 Tue 12-Jun-18 07:11:38

I think some of the bloating is due to increased progesterone levels during pregnancy. I'm on a lot of progesterone as I'm on an IVF medicated cycle and I looked pregnant before I even was pregnant because of the progesterone I was taking! It does mean I probably won't bleed if I miscarry until I'm off the meds.. which is why I think I worry about losing symptoms. I do agree with buttercup for most ladies, if you're not bleeding/in pain things are probably fine as mmcs are quite rare. It's definitely hard not to worry InDreamland especially for your first. I hope your scan goes well!

InDreamland Tue 12-Jun-18 07:14:30

Thanks @

Think it may also be increased gas? Sort if TMI but I am farting so much it's embarrassing. Does pregnancy increase wind?

Si1ver Tue 12-Jun-18 07:59:48

Hi all. Can I join you?

I'm 7+2 following my first round of IVF and a couple of naturally conceived miscarriages. I'm a bit anxious about the pregnancy sticking, but I had an early scan at the weekend and saw a heartbeat which has helped.

I'm also super bloated because of the progesterone pessaries, which are hideously messy things.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: