Talk

Advanced search

Crochet for Candy.

(184 Posts)
MrsEvadneCake Mon 30-Jan-17 09:37:13

I know that Candy (Zombie) touched so many lives and is being supported and remembered so beautifully as she takes her next journey.

Woolly Hugs are making blankets in her memory that will be passed onto women who are going through treatment for cancer.

If anyone would like to learn to crochet or would like to offer to help others to learn then please feel free to use this thread and offer your skills.

Love in every stitch and new friendships made.

I'm in Birmingham.

FishlessCake Mon 30-Jan-17 09:42:17

Brilliant idea. I'm in Pembrokeshire and happy to teach anyone crochet smile

BigApple11 Mon 30-Jan-17 09:44:39

Great thread. I'm in Surrey (KT postcode) and would LOVE to meet up with other hookers and wannabes blush as none of my friends can crochet! I've posted off my first batch of candy squares and will start some more when I have wool grin

lia66 Mon 30-Jan-17 09:46:52

I'm in and really looking forward to it.

DoubleR Mon 30-Jan-17 09:50:17

BigApple I'm also Surrey, KT postcode and want to learn, I've thought about it for ages but Candy's Hugs has given me the push to actually do it.

Ohdearducks Mon 30-Jan-17 09:50:18

I'm in SE London and would love to learn, I've tried on my own and I'm all fingers and thumbs. I need someone very patient though as I take ages to learn new skills (dyspraxic)

Dawndonnaagain Mon 30-Jan-17 09:50:41

I'm on the Norfolk/Suffolk border and am happy to teach someone to crochet.

Pastamancer Mon 30-Jan-17 09:53:29

I'm in Cornwall and can help with crochet. I'm still in the process of learning to knit but if you are in Mid Cornwall then I know a lovely group that can help.

IFartGlitter Mon 30-Jan-17 09:56:56

I'm in Warwick and am happy to teach someone to crochet.

Fiderer Mon 30-Jan-17 09:57:01

I'm in too, lovely idea, Ev

Found a crotchet hook & remembered how to start but then got stuck.

WhenTheDragonsCame Mon 30-Jan-17 09:59:57

I'm in Gloucester and am able to knit but just can't get the hang of crochet! It looks fine to begin with but then always goes wrong in the same place! Would love to learn if anybody could teach me.

Butteredpars1ps Mon 30-Jan-17 10:01:21

Signing in. It's years since I crocheted and I'm inspired to learn. Going off to look for a hook...

Redbushforme Mon 30-Jan-17 10:05:35

Lovely idea, I bought a crochet hook on Saturday and attempted to teach myself the very basics using YouTube. Managed a chain but then it all went a bit pear shaped.

perpetuallybewildered Mon 30-Jan-17 10:08:21

I've tried to teach myself but it invariably goes horribly wrong.

Anyone in Scotland?

TheWoollybacksWife Mon 30-Jan-17 10:12:59

I'm on the Northants/Leicestershire border and can knit and crochet. I'm happy to teach or help beginners.

Marcipex Mon 30-Jan-17 10:13:07

Has anyone ever taught a four year old? DGD is very keen to crochet but I'm left handed and she is right handed.
She has a ball of Pomegranate Stylecraft that she's cherished for about two years.
What do people think is the easiest to start with?

FairNotFair Mon 30-Jan-17 10:15:48

I have made up my mind to learn, but I'm not sure where to start. What size hook/needle, what sort of wool... Any advice gratefully received!

TheWoollybacksWife Mon 30-Jan-17 10:22:01

Marci my reception class teacher taught me to crochet at a similar age. She must have done something right as I'm still going over 40 years later grin

Fair buy a 4mm crochet hook or 4mm knitting needles and a ball of Stylecraft double knitting (DK) and look for a local MNer posting here or YouTube videos. BellaCoco is great for crochet.

IAmAPaleontologist Mon 30-Jan-17 10:23:51

Hello, County Durham here, I sort of hand the basics bit struggle to make anything recognisable but I'd love to.

Marcipex Mon 30-Jan-17 10:26:58

Can you remember being taught Woollybackswife? Did you have a big hook and chunky wool? They seem v clunky to me but perhaps it's easier?

MrsEvadneCake Mon 30-Jan-17 10:29:37

TheWoollybacksWife
Thank you smile that's what I would have said!!

If you can spot someone near you or say where you are near we can try and get you hooking.

YoureAllABunchOfBastards Mon 30-Jan-17 10:30:39

Also in County Durham and fairly experienced - should be able to help

Dawndonnaagain Mon 30-Jan-17 10:33:43

Marcipex I taught left handed dd to crochet and to tie laces by doing it in the mirror, we both sat in front of a mirror and looked at what was happening in the mirror rather than looking at what the other was doing. Might be worth a try. O

glenthebattleostrich Mon 30-Jan-17 10:39:50

I can email a leaflet to anyone who wants it. Or yes Bella coco on you tube.

I'm in West Yorkshire and happy to loan a hook and yarn to get you started too.

KnottyAndPistey Mon 30-Jan-17 10:44:42

Love you for this MrsC smile xxx

Thank you so much everyone, and welcome on board, glad to have you all here. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now