Talk

Advanced search

Week 2 - Low Carb Bootcamp - my favourite week!

(974 Posts)
BIWI Mon 16-Oct-17 07:17:59

I love this week, because this is when all the naysayers and doubters realise that this WOE really works!

(... and those who've cheated realise that that really doesn't work wink)

Here's the Spreadsheet of Fabulousness for you to record your first loss

I missed most of this weekend as I have my very lovely SIL staying with us, prior to her leaving for a 6 month stint in Australia. So I haven't been able to be as glued to the laptop as I am usually.

Glad to hear that some of you have reported in good losses already - I'll look forward to hearing the rest today!

Good luck everyone, for this second week. Hopefully after a good first week you'll know it's worth it flowers

Flisspaps Mon 16-Oct-17 07:21:36

Morning!

5.2 lbs down smile

Cheese omelette for breakfast, I’ll see what veg I’ve got to go with it.

Having a bring and share lunch at a work meeting today so I’m taking deli meats. There’ll be salad, olives, pate etc too.

Either steak or salad for tea.

BIWI Mon 16-Oct-17 07:25:08

Didn't weigh this morning, but definite NSV for me - wore a pair of skin-tight leggings that I bought a couple of weeks ago that I couldn't get into. Very pleased with that smile

I have just less than two weeks before I go on holiday, so hoping to shed a few more pounds before I go. <looks at stomach>

HolgerDanske Mon 16-Oct-17 07:28:41

Thank you as always BIWI, for running this.

It's a lovely day here, early morning is such a nice time on a day like this. Something I really like about this WOE is the way it helps to regulate my moods. From a physiological perspective as well as from a mental one, I feel so much better in myself when I keep my blood sugars on an even keel.

Thiswillbemyusername Mon 16-Oct-17 07:31:37

Morning all! I've weighed in. 1lb lost since last week, hope it stays steady smile

Thiswillbemyusername Mon 16-Oct-17 07:32:35

@HolgerDanske I know what you mean I feel like that too smile

ponygirlcurtis Mon 16-Oct-17 07:33:07

Thanks for the new thread, and well done on your NSV.

I am about 1.75lb down - really happy with that given I have been eating this way for several years and I am nearly at my own personal goal weight. (Only 3.75lbs to go!) I have managed this week with multiple eating out challenges, and more to come in the next couple of weeks. It can be done, just need to make good choices.

Well done on all the great losses so far, good luck to everyone this week.

Flisspaps Mon 16-Oct-17 07:35:12

I miscalculated- 5.4lbs off grin

DrDiva Mon 16-Oct-17 07:35:32

Thank you for new thread.

6lbs down 🙂Can't say my cloth s feel much looser yet, but those pounds must have gone from somewhere!

bellalurgy Mon 16-Oct-17 07:36:57

Morning all grin

I have stayed the same as expected blush I hereby commit to recording what I eat and drink here this week and really make an effort to get back into strict BC.

On the plus side, I know I can maintain on this woe!

Breakfast will be spinach mushroom and cheese 2 egg omelette
Dinner will be meat and veg, lots of veg
I will have 2 coffees and lots of water

Congratulations for your losses and NSV's!

Back later..... I must stay on track x

OuaisMaisBon Mon 16-Oct-17 07:39:45

Good morning, all, and congratulations on all your losses! I'm 3.75lbs down since last Monday, which is better than a slap in the face with a wet kipper! I am more pleased that I have resisted wine and chocolate all week and have realised that to lose more and consistently, I should exercise better portion control, so that is my aim for this week (along with the no chocolate and no wine, which I find very difficult every evening).
KOKO, everyone!

SoMuchToBits Mon 16-Oct-17 07:41:28

Haven't lost any more since I weighed earlier in the week, but I'm happy with that.

Holger, I know what you mean, I feel so much better in myself when I'm low carbing. I feel calmer, and just more able to enjoy what's going on around me somehow.

cafeaulaitpourvous Mon 16-Oct-17 07:47:09

I am proud of the fact I have managed to go a whole week without carbs including bread and chocolate.

Doubly proud as I have quite an addictive personality- spent most of the 1980s in a haze.....

It’s been hard and I have shed a few tears but cold turkey is definitely the best way for me

My IBS has calmed down too

And a 6lb loss is the icing on the cake

GuyMartinsSideburns Mon 16-Oct-17 07:50:43

Could someone add my weight please? 131. Thanks smile

I’ve started running again after a few months off, only managed 2 runs last week but they were 6 and 7 miles so not a bad effort.

I think I’d be doing better if I didn’t like milk so much. I can’t stand cream in drinks nor have them black and I can’t say I’m limiting to one coffee a day at the moment. Will see how things go, may have to drop them. I do like a latte with dh on a Friday though so I’m not going to stop that, I just stay aware that it’s bumped up the carbs and eat accordingly that day.

I haven’t slipped up anywhere with the eating though so feeling pleased about that. Not hungry at the moment.

Have a good day all smile

cathyandclare Mon 16-Oct-17 07:53:10

Well done all, great losses. I'm 4lb down, which I'm pleased with. I've been LCHF for 5years but way too many nuts, glasses of wine and crappy protein bars before BC mean I've been slowly gaining weight. I'm heading into the peri menopause so determined to get my thickening waist sorted.

B: Oopsie toast and marmite
L: courgette parmesan fritters
D: Spicy Meatballs and roasted celeriac

Fork2fork Mon 16-Oct-17 07:55:36

Good Morning All. Would someone mind updating the spreadsheet for me 147lb weigh in this morning. Beginning to think this may work 😃Thank you

GrumpyOldFucker Mon 16-Oct-17 07:55:43

4.7 pounds off. More than I dared dream of in the first week, being so small - 5' 2" and 8st 9.3lb now. Only 2.3 pounds to go till I've recovered from summer!

Thank you @BIWI, how brilliant!

GrumpyOldFucker Mon 16-Oct-17 07:56:33

@fork2fork - updated for you, that's a 5lb loss smile

GrumpyOldFucker Mon 16-Oct-17 07:58:34

@GuyMartinsSideburns - done too, 2lb well done! I should check the whole thread shouldn't I?

Cherrypi Mon 16-Oct-17 07:59:30

3lb off. Pretty chuffed with that as I only started Saturday. Was very grumpy last night hoping that was my carb flu and I escape it this time.

HolgerDanske Mon 16-Oct-17 08:01:36

I asked on the other thread but please could someone add my weight to the spreadsheet? I can't access it at all, so can't see if it's already been done.

Thank you!

HolgerDanske Mon 16-Oct-17 08:02:36

Oh and weight is 158.6

starsky22 Mon 16-Oct-17 08:05:34

Morning losers! Well done on the amazing losses!

I'm 3lbs down and am in the 9's for the first time in years smile

Thanks BIWI for running this

ponygirlcurtis Mon 16-Oct-17 08:09:30

You are on the spreadsheet Holger, have updated for you.

HolgerDanske Mon 16-Oct-17 08:11:39

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now