DillyDally Thu 13-Jan-05 14:22:35

or not? Discuss

Poshpaws Thu 13-Jan-05 14:23:53

For what? What did he do?

spacedonkey Thu 13-Jan-05 14:24:39

yes he should (and has)

he dressed up as a nazi for a fancy dress party

DillyDally Thu 13-Jan-05 14:25:51

Has he? I thought that his PR person did (p'raps on his behalf) but he hasnt made an announcement. Scurries Off to check.

LIZS Thu 13-Jan-05 14:26:06

Story here .Part of me thinks he is just a thoughtless 20 yr old and part that he is very naive, ill advised and ill judged. Not sure what a public apology would achieve, damage done.

Angeliz Thu 13-Jan-05 14:26:07

definately, i think it's disgusting, how anyone could wear the swatzsticker(BAD spelling i'm sure) at any point is beyond me.
It fills my head with horror!

What a plonker!

elliott Thu 13-Jan-05 14:26:45

don't think an apology can make amends really. But honestly - a 'natives and colonials' party! That's the upper classes for you I guess.

Poshpaws Thu 13-Jan-05 14:26:57

Oh, ok. Possibly not the best choice of costume. But if he has apologised...

LIZS Thu 13-Jan-05 14:27:00

He has issued a statement of apology already.

aloha Thu 13-Jan-05 14:27:13

Frankly, I'm not surprised. Horrified, but not surprised.

flatmouse Thu 13-Jan-05 14:27:17

I think it was a pretty daft thing to do and can understand why many have been upset - and really wonder where all his advisor's were. However, an apology has been made and i really don't think the incident should have caused the furore that it has. Leave him alone i say!

elliott Thu 13-Jan-05 14:27:25

Beyond redemption I'm afraid. All of 'em.

DillyDally Thu 13-Jan-05 14:28:12

Prince William in a leotard too.
Obviously not as bad but still

Poshpaws Thu 13-Jan-05 14:28:18

Eek, 'natives and colonials'????

wordsmith Thu 13-Jan-05 14:28:23

He wore a nazi costume to a fancy dress party and someone took a pic and sold it to the sun. (no!!!!!! how original)

He has apologised as far as I am aware. he's been a total prat but the offence has come more from the position he holds than the clothes he wore. People wear tasteless outfits to fd parties all the time.

As for him making a special TV appearance and apologising on camera.... don't people have more urgent and important things to be worrying about, like ending poverty and saving lives in S Asia? I don't think anyone really believes Harry endorses the Nazis. His stupidity comes from not realising that wearing such an outfit at a party would almost guarantee a front page spot in the Sun.

Angeliz Thu 13-Jan-05 14:28:57

To me it's not just that he is who he is.(Though obviously thta makes it even worse)
If a freind of mine did it i'd think the same.

MrsBigD Thu 13-Jan-05 14:29:58

am with flatmouse... considering he's in the eye of the public you'd think his advisors would have intervened unless of course they don't care...

Also... he's a young lad and maybe could it be that he's 'just rebelling against his posh upbringing'?

Saying that it was quite bad taste and back home (Germany) displaying the swastika is illegal - or at least it was 15 years ago... so he would have commited an offence.

sobernow Thu 13-Jan-05 14:30:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wordsmith Thu 13-Jan-05 14:30:23

Yes Angeliz but would you make him/her apologise on primetime?

anteater Thu 13-Jan-05 14:32:20

Mel Brooks, John Cleese, allo allo, should they all say sorry? King Cleese...

RudyDudy Thu 13-Jan-05 14:32:24

Not sure I care whether he apologises or not but what I'm really shocked about is that no doubt someone went and bought it for him and how many advisors, dressers, security people, shoe-lace doer upperers, etc, etc did the guy pass wearing the costume without any of them saying anything???

spacedonkey Thu 13-Jan-05 14:33:13

of course he should apologise - it's all about context

aloha Thu 13-Jan-05 14:34:29

He's certainly old enough to know better. V dubious about his friends, the family of his girlfriend and his whole personality - he seems EXACTLY the kind of brainless Hooray who would think it was funny to wear a nazi uniform. I think he should be forced to watch the whole of the new series about the concentration camps back to back, and then see if it's so amusing.

spacedonkey Thu 13-Jan-05 14:35:18

exactly aloha

the timing is terrible

he is an oik

Tinker Thu 13-Jan-05 14:36:54

Anyone connected with 'Allo 'Allo should definitely apologise for putting such shite "comedy" on the BBC

Harry's a nob but what else do we really expect from them, really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now