Talk

Advanced search

TTC after miscarriage - April 2020

(1000 Posts)
TerribleImagination Tue 10-Mar-20 13:12:24

Starting this thread for anyone TTC after a miscarriage. My MC was in December and I’ve had no joy since, but these threads have been wonderful for being amongst lovely people going through the same thing.

As always, sorry to anyone who finds themselves here and fingers crossed we all get our rainbows soon 🌈

Sparkl Tue 10-Mar-20 16:21:56

Hi @TerribleImagination 👋 sorry to hear it wasn’t your month. I’ll join you on here as I’ll be testing next at the beginning of April.
Fingers crossed this is the month!

TerribleImagination Tue 10-Mar-20 18:31:03

Hi @Sparkl 👋🏻 Fingers crossed for April!!! 🤞🏻🌈

SanFrancisco49er Tue 10-Mar-20 18:38:01

Hello! My miscarriage was in Sept and starting trying again in Jan. Period due any day now and none of the pre period pregnancy signs I had last time so pretty sure I'll be trying again in April!
Here's hoping we all get some good news soon!

Smarties87 Tue 10-Mar-20 18:47:33

Fingers crossed for everyone! Had miscarriage in January, had first AF week and half ago so hoping this cycle will be lucky. But not holding out much hope as I bled for 7days (very heavy, with first day passing rather big clots. Sorry tmi!) But I'm still spotting on and off, even today which is frustrating hmm I'm wondering if it will take a few more cycles for me for everything to settle down...

TerribleImagination Tue 10-Mar-20 19:36:18

Hi @SanFrancisco49er and @Smarties87 👋🏻 So sorry you both find yourselves here. Fingers crossed this is the only one of these threads you’ll be on 🤞🏻

@Smarties87 Yeah it could take a few cycles to settle after MC... Mine was in December and my periods have been strange since, either really light or starting with very light spotting and brown blood, which is never how they started before the MC. This is the first month that I’ve started AF with red blood, so I’m hoping that means things are almost back to normal 🤞🏻

Ejb86 Tue 10-Mar-20 20:52:20

Hey everyone.

@TerribleImagination we're cycle buddies again. I've had a 27 day cycle this month, past 2 were 25 and 26. Would love to get back into a 28 day regular cycle like I always had before I lost the girls back in September.

I'm onto cycle #4 of trying now. Hubby suggested not trying this month so that we dont get another December birthday. Not a chance we're stopping. I've an appointment booked for next week with GP and going to see what he suggests.

Rhubarbe Tue 10-Mar-20 21:14:45

Hi all. I had a MMC in feb, hoping to think about TTC again soon though still spotting at the moment.
Hope you’re all doing alright.

TerribleImagination Tue 10-Mar-20 21:19:38

@Ejb86 So sorry AF got you today too lovey!! This has to be our month 🤞🏻🌈

TerribleImagination Tue 10-Mar-20 21:20:30

Hi @Rhubarbe 👋🏻 So sorry to hear about your loss. Sending love ❤️

ktl1a Wed 11-Mar-20 12:43:37

Hi everyone, so sorry that you all have to be in this group, I'm going to join too if you don't mind! I had a MMC in January after 1.5 years of ttc and infertility investigations. Conceived the cycle after a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy, was so so happy but then our baby's heart stopped beating at 8 weeks, we found out at 10 weeks. We had an MVA and started trying straight away but weren't lucky, we are now in our first proper cycle and I am on 4 DPO (although I had some EWCM yesterday which has thrown me off a bit), have had strange pains in one side since the day of ovulation but trying hard not to think anything of it as I know it's wayyyy too early to mean anything! Feeling very low at the moment, not sure how I will cope with more months of not knowing what's going on but I'm sure I'm in similar company with all of you ladies. Fingers crossed for good news for us all!

Moominmiss Wed 11-Mar-20 16:38:30

Joining again after yet another loss 😔

TerribleImagination Wed 11-Mar-20 21:03:05

Oh no @Moominmiss 💔 I’m so so sorry you’ve had to go through that again. Sending you so much love ❤️

Lottieloux Sat 14-Mar-20 21:25:26

Hey ladies, can I join. Mc at 7 weeks in January and af has showed her ugly face tonight.
Hoping we will get the best Christmas present for 2020 🌈

Ejb86 Sun 15-Mar-20 08:25:36

So sorry @Lottieloux and @Moominmiss.

Has anyone done OPKs straight after period? I thought I'd try and do one every day this cycle to see what's going on. Is it normal to see a line on OPK this soon? I know it's not a positive test, just trying to figure out if my cycles are relatively normal or not.

ktl1a Sun 15-Mar-20 08:56:22

So sorry to hear this @Moominmiss, my thought are with you.

Hi @Lottieloux, sorry to hear that you have had to join the group. Wishing you all the luck in the world for the best xmas present ever!

@Ejb86 I think it id normal for there to be a second line throughout the month, some people have a more visible line that others, it depends what your baseline level of LH is. Please correct me if I'm wrong though as I'm certainly not an expert!

Whyhaveidonethis Sun 15-Mar-20 13:03:45

Hi all, can I join you? Just had a miscarriage (still bleeding) and am looking for a bfp in early April.

Rasgar Mon 16-Mar-20 06:02:48

Hi everyone, just looking to see how long did everyone wait before trying again?

TerribleImagination Mon 16-Mar-20 13:51:54

Hi to everyone who’s recently joined 👋🏻 So sorry you’ve found yourselves here 💔

@Rasgar I didn’t wait to try again. I didn’t use OPK’s the month of the miscarriage, but went by when I had EWCM. I’ve had that month and 2 full cycles since the miscarriage now and no joy as yet. Hoping it happens soon 🤞🏻

Ilithya Mon 16-Mar-20 14:41:47

Hi all, I'd like to join in as well if I can!
I had a miscarriage on 16th Feb, obviously not really able to track my ovulation, I think the left over pregnancy hormones affecting the tests. Was expecting my period yesterday, going by my pre miscarriage cycle but nothing yet.

I did have some light pink spotting on wiping on Saturday, actually thought it was my period arriving so used a tampon and when I went to change it there was only brown blood on the very top (tmi sorry!). Not had anymore spotting since then. Did a test today just to check but bfn on a clearblue digital. Pretty sure my cycle is just messed up still from the miscarriage, hoping I can get back into a regular cycle soon so I can track. X

Happyasbarry Mon 16-Mar-20 15:15:38

Hi everyone, sorry to see you all here. I am first month after MMC. Really hoping to get pregnant this month. Wishing you all luck!

Ann87 Mon 16-Mar-20 15:17:58

Hello il be joining you had a miscarriage in November then one again February praying for are rainbow babys 🌈

Minibea Mon 16-Mar-20 16:13:14

Can I join in too? We’ve been TTC #2 since last May, had a chemical in August and then miscarried twins at 10 weeks at the beginning of December. Took a while for my cycle to get back to normal, last cycle was 31 days whereas before the miscarriage it was 28 days. Currently on CD 19 and think I ovulated on CD16 so still a while longer to wait before I can test. Feeling very anxious this month and feel under so much pressure to give my DD a sibling, she’ll be 3 in April and the longer it goes on the more I feel I’m missing the experience of having two close in age. Hope that doesn’t sound insensitive to those who are TTC #1- I completely sympathise with your struggles and just hope it happens for all of us soon!

Ann87 Mon 16-Mar-20 18:20:44

Sorry for your loss minibea I feel the same my dd is 6 took me 2 years to get pregnant then two loses feel like I'm on the clock to have another x

ktl1a Tue 17-Mar-20 07:26:55

So sorry to hear about all of your miscarriages everyone. It's so hard to deal with no matter whether you have had children previously or not. Our MMC was our first baby after a long time TTC and infertility investigations and now I feel like it may never happen. Feel so alone and obsessed about it, I talk to my family and husband a little about it but they quickly change the subject (I suppose there's only so much they can say and regardless it doesn't change the way I feel). I am on 10dpo today and time seems to be going so slow! I also have so many friends that are pregnant, I'm genuinly so happy for them but it's also hard to hear everything and fully share their happiness when i feel so low. I really hope we have lots of BFP's on this thread!

This thread is not accepting new messages.