Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to deny all knowledge of vibrator?!

(150 Posts)
Tedtalk Tue 10-Sep-19 17:31:37

So, here's the story!
Moved house 12 months ago and made friends with neighbour. We have coffee once a week but don't go out socially together. chat about everyday things and mainly household things, but nothing too deep.

I had my DS 12 weeks ago and she's been a great help. Last week she brought me round a bag of clothes from her own Ds - all in a big black bag and she told me to throw out anything I didn't want- said she hadn't been through the bag since packing it away when he outgrew the clothes and said, just give them all a wash and keep what you want. No problem so far..

Until I emptied the bag and amongst the piles of clothes there were 2 vibrators shock

No boxes or bags, just there in amongst the clothes...

Now, I'm not bothered about the vibrations per se... I just have no idea what to do now. My DH says I should just give them back, bold as brass but I'm in the camp of throwing out and pretending I never saw them (and hope that she never realises what's happened and never asks about them!!!) I don't feel that close to her to bring this up!!!

Advice??

AfterSchoolWorry Tue 10-Sep-19 17:33:58

Yuk, I'd just chuck them, donate the clothes and say nothing.

Hilda40 Tue 10-Sep-19 17:35:47

Wash carefully and put into service.

Templetonstunafish Tue 10-Sep-19 17:36:34

Throw the clothes? What in case some fanny got on them? I have terrible news for you about your DC.

FallenSky Tue 10-Sep-19 17:37:00

I agree with just chucking them and denying all knowledge. She obviously hasn't missed them if they've been put away for so long. Definitely don't agree with the above poster who says donate the clothes. Why? Just stick them in the wash!

JustLikeJasper Tue 10-Sep-19 17:37:09

@Templetonstunafish 😂😂😂😂

SandyY2K Tue 10-Sep-19 17:38:54

Just throw them away. Why would you do anything else and cause unnecessary embarrassment.

msmith501 Tue 10-Sep-19 17:38:58

Or be an adult and let her know she's given you a couple of vibratory by mistake. Have a laugh about it and move on...

spanglydangly Tue 10-Sep-19 17:39:38

@Templetonstunafish gringringringrin

WombleOwl Tue 10-Sep-19 17:40:00

'*Yuk, I'd just chuck them, donate the clothes and say nothing*'

Isn't it a shame you can't wash clothes? hmm

SandyY2K Tue 10-Sep-19 17:40:14

And denying all knowledge *as in your thread title) indicates she asked you about them.

She said she's not touched the bag in ages.

spanglydangly Tue 10-Sep-19 17:40:39

@AfterSchoolWorry why donate the clothes?? Just wash them, as you would anyway?

OP just keep quiet and chuck them.

AfterSchoolWorry Tue 10-Sep-19 17:40:46

You don't want strange fanny juice on your babygros!

SnorkMaiden81 Tue 10-Sep-19 17:41:13

Return them to her!!!!!
I don't own a vibrator which is worth less than £70 and I'd offer a healthy reward for it's safe return, I tell you.

spanglydangly Tue 10-Sep-19 17:41:30

@AfterSchoolWorry soooooo wash them!

ThePhoenixRises Tue 10-Sep-19 17:42:11

I would just say, thanks for the clothes, I think a couple of other items got in the bag by mistake and hand them back (in a bag, once I have used gloves to pick them up)

spanglydangly Tue 10-Sep-19 17:42:49

@SnorkMaiden81 fair point and can you imagine her searching for them in her moment of need and she can't bloody find them! The frustration 😤!

AnotherNameChangeReally Tue 10-Sep-19 17:43:19

I'd pop over with them (subtly wrapped in a bag) and asked if she meant to give them to you.

SnorkMaiden81 Tue 10-Sep-19 17:43:57

Seriously. Stop her having to put LOST posters up. Do a sister a solid. grin

64sNewName Tue 10-Sep-19 17:44:05

A lot depends on whether you think she’s the kind of person you could laugh with about this.

AfterSchoolWorry Tue 10-Sep-19 17:44:33

@AfterSchoolWorry soooooo wash them!

I couldn't ever use them!

inwood Tue 10-Sep-19 17:44:37

Ignore and accept. @Templetonstunafish 🤮

64sNewName Tue 10-Sep-19 17:44:45

And also on whether they look fancy and £££ grin

akmum18 Tue 10-Sep-19 17:45:57

I’d take out the clothes I wanted and give back the rest with vibrators hidden so she doesn’t know you’ve seen them and a story along the lines of ‘I didn’t want to bin them i gave them back so you can sell them or donate to charity’ and leave at that grin

Igetknockeddownbutgetupagain Tue 10-Sep-19 17:46:10

You’ll be a lot closer after keeping this little gem of a secret between you and the friend grin
I’d give them back, wrapped up extremely carefully, and just say don’t worry about a thing, but I thought you might want these back smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »