Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Cosmetic surgery in Turkey

93 replies

Threebutterflies · 19/09/2022 14:56

So I’ve book my surgery in Turkey for this time next week . Flights cost £500
and the deposit was £300. Now I’m thinking of not going but £800 is an awful lot of money to loose . Has anyone used the company ‘clineca’ before ? The surgeons name is dr alp ercan if anyone knows him.

OP's posts:
Please
or

hopeishere · 19/09/2022 15:03

What surgery are you having?

Please
or

Threebutterflies · 19/09/2022 15:05

I’m having the tip of my nose done and chin liposuction

OP's posts:
Please
or

Tomatodori · 19/09/2022 15:27

Hi op, I am Turkish and just checked Turkish websites for you. He is a legitimate surgeon in that he is a graduate of good schools, however he is not famous or well known at all. I couldn't find any reviews in Turkish ladies websites who usually talk about these things and give reviews to each other. Turkish plastic surgeons are generally amazing - you get a star treatment with lots of aftercare and hospitals are well equipped. Whenever I have a medical problem, I go to Turkey cos I know I will be well looked after there. However, having said that, I am sure there are crooks and inexperienced people as everywhere. So Turkish women are generally very word-of-mouth with these things, so it takes a while to get your name heard. My top recommendations for rhinoplasty would include: Tunc Tiryaki ( also operates from his clinic in Kensington), Tayfun Aköz, and Osman Oymak. Good luck! I would also look for locations of Clinics in famous plastic surgeon neighbourhoods - e.g. in Istanbul, neighbourhoods of Nisantasi, Sisli, Levent would have reputable doctors.

Please
or

blackberrytea82 · 19/09/2022 15:40

I had my nose done in Turkey but I booked with the surgeon directly. I found him through RealSelf - maybe check if your surgeon has reviews on there?

Please
or

Threebutterflies · 19/09/2022 16:15

@Tomatodori
thanks for the reply . It’s in Istanbul and I have not found any bad reviews of the clinic or surgeon but saying that I heard they can delete bad reviews? I just have a really bad feeling as I feel as though the patient co ordinators have been abit sneaky in there advertising. Also I have called the number on the website today and no answer and I emailed them last week and no reply .

OP's posts:
Please
or

Tomatodori · 19/09/2022 17:13

Have not found neither good nor bad reviews...🤔let me ask a friend who lives in that area and get back to you :)

Please
or

Invisimamma · 19/09/2022 17:16

Don't do it. It's not worth the risk. There are some horror stories on tiktok of people who have gone abroad for surgery. Not a good sign that people do not seem to have heard of this surgeon.

Use the flights and have a nice break away on Istanbul.

Please
or

J0y · 19/09/2022 17:21

I am sure Turkish surgeons can be excellent and if you live in Turkey you can go back if there are any problems but what do you do if there's a problem?
I'd either stay in Turkey for a few weeks afterwards or I'd pay the extra to do it in the uk

Please
or

Whataretheodds · 19/09/2022 17:23

Have you visited the clinic before? If not, keep the flights and accom and use them for a recce trip? Or cancel and replan at home.

Please
or

Suzi888 · 19/09/2022 17:24

There was an AMA thread on here the other day about someone who had a lot of surgery in Turkey. Have a search for it, may help you out.

Please
or

Threebutterflies · 19/09/2022 17:47

The thing is I’d never really choose Istanbul for a holiday as I’m more of a beach resort person. So if I don’t go I won’t use the flights anyway . It will all be a waste of money . There no even eligible to change them . I don’t know I just don’t feel excited at all even though I’ve wanted this done for years . The nerves is making me feel sick now . Made worse by the fact I have to go alone as no one else could come with me

OP's posts:
Please
or

Threebutterflies · 19/09/2022 17:48

@Suzi888
Thankyou that is the lady who advised me to start my own thread on here

OP's posts:
Please
or

Threebutterflies · 19/09/2022 17:48

@Tomatodori
thankyou so much I really appreciate it I’ll keep a look out for your reply

OP's posts:
Please
or

Threebutterflies · 19/09/2022 17:50

@Tomatodori
this is the place and the number I tried calling

OP's posts:
Please
or

Threebutterflies · 19/09/2022 17:50

It was open when I called just no answer

Cosmetic surgery in Turkey
OP's posts:
Please
or

Threebutterflies · 19/09/2022 17:52

I actually choose Turkey as it’s ment to be really good for rhinoplasty and I wouldn’t be able to afford it in the UK. But like I say it’s a couple of things that have happened since booking that have put me off

OP's posts:
Please
or

serene12 · 19/09/2022 17:56

Please also take into account, how risky is having an anaesthetic in a foreign country compared with anaesthesia in the UK. Anaesthetists in the UK are highly trained and well regulated. Sadly too often patients only have contact with the plastic surgeon, forgetting that their are part of an operating team.

Please
or

viques · 19/09/2022 17:58

I have no knowledge of Turkish cosmetic surgeons, but am pretty horrified that you are going to have work done on such visible parts of your body but have done so little research on the clinic and the person you are paying to do the surgery. I had a small spot/cyst removed from the back of my neck at my hairline and researched surgeons for about two months.

Please
or

JudgeRindersMinder · 19/09/2022 17:59

serene12 · 19/09/2022 17:56

Please also take into account, how risky is having an anaesthetic in a foreign country compared with anaesthesia in the UK. Anaesthetists in the UK are highly trained and well regulated. Sadly too often patients only have contact with the plastic surgeon, forgetting that their are part of an operating team.

Pretty sure the anaesthetist who treated me when I had surgery in Turkey was properly qualified and trained, what a fucking stupid statement to make. I had far better treatment in Turkey than I’d have had in the UK on the nhs

Please
or

Kellie45 · 19/09/2022 17:59

Frankly with the number of horror stories I have heard of this sort of thing I would not trust my body for cosmetic surgery.

Please
or

Threebutterflies · 19/09/2022 18:03

@viques
that seems abit excessive to me . I actually contacted about 40-50 clinics and surgeons in Prague , Spain and Turkey . Then whittled it down to 2 . One in Antalya and this one . I choose this one because I thought I would get better aftercare as I’m travelling alone and your ment to get a patient adviser to be with you through out the whole journey . They have some videos on you tube and I thought it looked great so I booked with them . After speaking with them now it seems that’s not how it will be .

OP's posts:
Please
or

viques · 19/09/2022 18:11

My point is @Threebutterflies I did my research until I was completely confident in the clinic and the procedure, which was minor compared to yours, you do seem to have done research, which is fair enough, but are still not confident in the clinic or the surgeon.

Please
or

WorkHardPlayHard1 · 19/09/2022 18:18

Definitely cancel if you are having second thoughts now. £800 is nothing in the grand scheme of things, however, having major surgery with a surgeon you don't feel confident in and have never met is risky. Yes risk some money but don't risk your health please.

Any feelings you have should be acted upon.

Turkish surgeons do have a good reputation for rhinoplasty but you dont know lots about your particular surgeon so it's a high risk to you.

Research further and go with a friend if you do have to be cosmetic tourist xx

Please
or

Threebutterflies · 19/09/2022 18:19

OP's posts:
Please
or

Threebutterflies · 19/09/2022 18:21

@Tomatodori
I Found this if you fancy giving me the gist of it please !

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?