Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Seasalt..is it all considered frumpy?

214 replies

RejectedFleece · 19/09/2022 10:55

I have developed a particular love for Seasalt clothes..not the patterned things, but the basics like knitwear, trousers (the wide legged cords), the boots, the more tailored blazers etc..is it all considered frumpy? I'm also a Dr Marten, Kin etc kind of girl, so I try and mix it up a little.

OP posts:
Please
or

woodhill · 23/09/2022 17:21

Thanks

Please
or

fantasmasgoria1 · 23/09/2022 17:22

When I read about it on here I took a look and to me it's quite frumpy. But I'm alternative so I have a certain look/image anyway.

Please
or

Flyingbymypants · 23/09/2022 17:23

Frumptastic

Please
or

BestIsWest · 23/09/2022 18:52

Must admit I have boot envy there. Why don’t they come in a 42?

Please
or

RampantIvy · 23/09/2022 18:59

Flyingbymypants · 23/09/2022 17:23

Frumptastic

I really dislike that kind of comment.

Please
or

echt · 23/09/2022 19:29

Visiting London from Melbourne recently, I saw Seasalt for the first time in the flesh at M&S. Well-made but terribly aging styles, not helped by the current fashion for fussy prints so ubiquitous at the moment. At nearly 68, I find such acres of print project a milkmaidish air. Small doses only, a blouse perhaps, but not in the current Seasalt range.

Please
or

FayCarew · 23/09/2022 19:39

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie · 23/09/2022 16:58

Yes - this is the third colour.

Oops. Sorry. Are they comfortable?

Please
or

mewkins · 23/09/2022 20:13

Does anyone know of any good discount codes ?

Please
or

Gr33ngr33ngr4ss · 23/09/2022 22:12

ArabeI · 23/09/2022 12:14

Fat Face started off selling clothing items at ski resorts and is named after a ski slope in Val-d'Isère.

That's interesting. Though I think they used to have an outdoor-sy or surf shop atmosphere many years ago. Could just have been the coastal branch I used to visit, however!

Was that not Fat Willy's Surf Shack? 🤣

Please
or

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie · 24/09/2022 12:14

The Conwenna boots are beautifully comfortable. They come up a bit wide and I've got narrow feet, so I have to wear thickish socks with them. I love them. And anybody who thinks they are 'frumptastic' (whatever the fuck that means) is entitled to their opinion, but is wrong. They're just boots.

I wear the black ones with everything from jeans, to mini/midi dresses, to a sequin mini skirt and black tights. The brown ones feel beautifully autumnal and go nicely with reds, greens, dark florals and denim. I've now ordered the deep red ones.

Please
or

CoconutAmericano · 24/09/2022 15:24

Well i got the Janelle coat today with 30% off so I'm delighted with life! I had my last one for 7 years. I still have it actually and its still in good condition its just a bit snug on me these days.

Please
or

Snailsaresweet · 24/09/2022 16:21

Thanks to this thread I've just investigated the wide legged cords, and ordered some together with a sleeveless pullover. And there is a discount on their site at the moment, depending on the value of your total order! I've tended to steer away from their clothes in recent years, because I'm not over fond of tunics, or prints, despite being a 60-something who lives in a small west country town.

Please
or

RampantIvy · 24/09/2022 19:20

I'm not a tunic or print fan either, but I have found some non tunic/print gems there recently.

Please
or

woodhill · 24/09/2022 19:40

Im ordering the tank top, it's lovely

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?