My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sponsored discussions. If you'd like to run one with us, please email [email protected].

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Sponsored threads

Read about Mumsnet users' perfect UK breaks

424 replies

JustineBMumsnet · 27/01/2020 10:43

This thread is now closed.

There’s no question that staycations are on the rise. And whether you’d consider one because they can be cheaper, easier with a large family, you want to appreciate the UK or simply because you can bring your dogs along too, Parkdean Resorts would like to hear about what your ideal UK staycation looks like.

Here’s what Parkdean Resorts has to say: “We are the UK’s largest Holiday Park operator with 67 locations in some of the most stunning coastal, countryside and lakeside locations. From the impressive Scottish Highlands to the sunny South Coast, a Parkdean Resorts holiday is a great way to explore the UK and discover your new favourite spot.

Adventurers can camp with their tent, touring caravan or even try Glamping. Or choose from a huge choice of caravans, lodges and hot tub lodges including brand new accommodation for 2020, to suit all budgets and family sizes packed with everything you need for a stress-free holiday. And with 66 parks offering dog friendly accommodation, you really can bring the whole family on your holiday.

Find the best choice of accommodation by booking early, with deposits from only £25. And, you can now spread the cost of your holiday in easy and affordable monthly Direct Debit payments. Perfect!”

Would you be looking for a beachside break for the whole family while hoping the British rain holds off or do you think a couples midweek retreat sounds like the perfect way to recharge your batteries? Where in the UK is next on your list to visit? If you already ‘staycation’ regularly, what do you enjoy about it?

All who share what their perfect UK break would look like on the thread below will be entered into a prize draw where one MNer will win a £300 voucher for the store of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Standard Insight Terms and Conditions apply

OP posts:
Mychitchatdays · 01/02/2020 16:17

Chance for adventure and to challenge our usual boundaries. Somewhere warm and cosy to come home to after being soaked. Actives and food at reasonable costs and not feeling you've been ripped off.

Colonsay18 · 01/02/2020 16:36

Our perfect staycation is Island hopping across the Outer Hebrides in Scotland. We repeat this holiday annually as our family love it. We travel by ferry to the Isle of Lewis and visit Harris, North Uist, Benbecula, South Uist, Eriskay and Barra. We stay in campsites in our beloved campervan. We play on beaches and even have a paddle. We visit historical sites like The Callanish Stones, the Carloway broch, Blackhouse museums and Kisimul Castle. We watch the plane take off and land on the beach in Barra. We eat seafood in the famous Politician, the famous ‘Whisky Galore’ pub in Eriskay. We play football on the top 10 FIFA rated pitches to play in the world. Writing this reminds us why we find this Staycation perfect!!! Our girls are now aged 9 and 7 and we have been repeating this holiday the past 4 years.

Absoluteunit · 01/02/2020 16:41

I'm quite easily pleased Grin

Fairly quiet park ideally with a nice little park for the children, nature activities for the kids would be nice, clean accommodation and somewhere to eat out so I don't have to cook!

zeddybrek · 01/02/2020 17:38

Somewhere easy to find.

Clean facilities.

Things spread out enough so you feel you have some privacy and space.

A beach is ideal.

General stuff at normal prices nearby in case you forget something.

Nice helpful staff.

abigailflo7 · 01/02/2020 17:56

My ideal British break would be a lovely hotel by the seaside with great views and fabulous food

Wolfcub · 01/02/2020 21:02

Somewhere relatively peaceful with plenty of things to do during the day within short driving distance. Ideally a pool, pool table, games room for the teen to spend a little bit of time in. A good pub or restaurant within walking distance for some time off cooking and a nice beer/wine.

CathBookworm · 01/02/2020 21:41

My perfect break would have sunny weather-but as this can't be guaranteed, I would like plenty of indoor entertainment to keep the kids happy. There would be a choice of restaurants, comfortable beds, peaceful woodland walks, play areas with climbing wall or similar.

ilovemyrednosedaymug · 01/02/2020 23:06

I’ve actually holidayed a lot in Cornwall with Parkdean since 2010 and am staying elsewhere with them again this year but as DC gets older it’s not really what we want any more.

The perfect holiday for me would be a cottage right on the beach. DC loves funfairs and rides so that’s what they want out of it.

WowOoo · 02/02/2020 09:09

Good quality food choices, near to beautiful woodland or the coast.

I would like to have better weather and realise this isn't always possible in the UK!

The other thing I'd like is comfortable beds and clean rooms.

MrsS92 · 02/02/2020 10:39

Being by the sea, my daughter loves being on the beach !
Great entertainment for the kids, my daughter still loves her sparkle bunny from our last trip to Trecco Bay. She really enjoyed the arcade, swimming pool and soft play too.
Cosy and clean accommodation.
We are tied to the school holidays despite having preschool aged children as my husband is a sports teacher, we often find it too expensive to go away, so being affordable is a must !

womblelancs · 02/02/2020 11:49

My perfect break would be somewhere quiet, preferably in a woodland, where I can walk the dog and escape from the rest of the world for a while. No TV, no noise, just fresh air and nature.

pushchairprincess · 02/02/2020 11:50

Would you be looking for a beachside break for the whole family while hoping the British rain holds off or do you think a couples midweek retreat sounds like the perfect way to recharge your batteries?

A beachside break sounds fabulous, the idea of trying to get my family through and airport for a holiday fills me with dread - GB it is ! rain or shine. A couples retreat sounds lovely, but until DD1 and DS1 are a little older it's not really on our radar.

Where in the UK is next on your list to visit? If you already ‘staycation’ regularly, what do you enjoy about it?

We would love to go to North Wales, Ty Mawr Holiday Park is something we are looking to book.

vixxx666 · 02/02/2020 15:29

A deluxe caravan or chalet at a holiday park, with a pool and kids activities that ran out of main season as we can't go during main season.

JoGibbons · 02/02/2020 15:34

I would love a hot tub lodge holiday, Cornwall or Devon. With on site park facilities for the kids, somewhere good to eat, WiFi to prevent any arguments and is it possible to guarantee good weather?

rupert23 · 02/02/2020 15:35

my son likes a caravan holiday with a spacious caravan lovely sea views and a good pool. we stayed in devon last year and the seaviews were amazing

clairewoods137 · 02/02/2020 16:16

I think it has to be somewhere quiet with facilities near by. A place that has plenty of things to do or places to visit to entertain the children. I'd prefer the countryside to a city.

PashleyB · 02/02/2020 16:31

Somewhere where we can cook for ourselves, lots of outdoor activities and plenty of scope to wear the children out with lots of walking and cycling

Danascully2 · 02/02/2020 19:27

We live quite a way from the sea so seaside always feels like holiday. Also anywhere with on site kids entertainment is always good although I struggle to convince my husband to go for that sort of resort type place. I think it's a lot easier when the kids are small though. Nice to have towns to potter round and cafes for when it's raining/when we need a change. Husband and I always like a good wander round some charity shops!

sjl19 · 02/02/2020 19:56

We go to Cornwall most years. Being close to a beach is a must, the kids are happy to spend the day on the beach building sandcastles and eating ice cream.

mamof3boys · 02/02/2020 20:19

It would be in Cornwall with my family and our dog, within walking distance of a beach and with some shops and restaurants close by.

lewisb30 · 02/02/2020 20:31

A week in a log cabin with my girlfriend and daughter

farhanac · 02/02/2020 21:54

Within walking distance of a nice beach and with fewer crowds

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

defineme · 02/02/2020 23:40

I'd love somewhere that had the space to fit my family of 5, my mum and the dog, that was by the sea and actually within my budget...being stuck with school holidays that can be a challenge. My kids love swimming, so a pool with slides and the sea would be perfection for us😊

balletpanda · 02/02/2020 23:46

Near the beach, with some beautiful walks and some lovely places to grab a drink afterwards :)

KittyKat88 · 03/02/2020 00:10

Anywhere we can get a bit of sun, and hopefully there's a swimming pool and slides for my DDs to enjoy! Hubby likes to lounge about and I like to explore, so having interesting places to visit in the locality would be good too.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.