My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sponsored discussions. If you'd like to run one with us, please email [email protected].

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Sponsored threads

How do you deal with parenting conundrums? Take our quiz

559 replies

JustineBMumsnet · 11/09/2018 11:08

NOW CLOSED

Being chief decision-maker comes with the territory when you’re a parent - but sometimes the best way to go is not so clear cut. Take our quiz to find out how your decisions following common parenting conundrums align with those of other users’.

Here’s what O2 have to say: “#IsItAlright to let them use a tablet at breakfast? We hear you. Parenting is full of #IsItAlright questions, challenges and dilemmas. That’s why we’ve launched O2 Family, to bring advice, safety tools and kid-friendly offers to parents across the UK. We don’t pretend to have all the answers. But hopefully we make it a little easier to navigate the everyday messy magic of family life."

Whether you turn to the TV when things get tough, choose to embrace your child’s creativity no matter how questionable it may be or you find bargaining with your children the best way to get things done, take the quiz here and share any results that surprise you (or your own parenting conundrums) below.

All who post below will be entered into a prize draw where one MNer will win a £300 voucher for the store of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Insight Terms and Conditions apply

How do you deal with parenting conundrums? Take our quiz
OP posts:
Notlongnow1 · 11/09/2018 15:39

Definitely surprised by some of the answers! You have to pick your battles wisely as a parent - don't sweat the small stuff!

OrdinaryGirl · 11/09/2018 16:14

Aaaaand it turns out I'm a pretty typical Mumsnetter 😏

TrollTheRespawnJeremy · 11/09/2018 16:17

For most parenting conundrums there is no right answer...

There’s an ideal way that it could go, there’s compromise or there is all out horror.

Kids are unpredictable. Just roll with the punches and hope for the best.

beenandgoneandbackagain · 11/09/2018 16:22

I'm an average mumsnetter . . . .

clairedunphy · 11/09/2018 16:44

Well I'm largely in the majority, although not in everything. I think I veer towards impatience when I could be coming up with more worthy or fun approaches to challenges!

vickyors · 11/09/2018 16:46

Turns out I'm typical- but how middle class do I sound in all the answers- and so like my Mum!!

MissSmiley · 11/09/2018 16:56

Done! Interesting survey!

Headfullofdreams · 11/09/2018 16:58

I'm in the majority with veg and bedtime but minority with pirates Smile
It's a minefield and we're all probably just muddling along trying to do our best!

Xmasfairy86 · 11/09/2018 17:00

Pretty typical. There were times when I knew what I ‘should’ answer cover what I actually answered 😂😂

Xmasfairy86 · 11/09/2018 17:01

*over

iklboo · 11/09/2018 17:02

I think DS(12) is too old for some of these questions now. Can't say the questions about the clothes or bed time would apply!

LadyMonicaBaddingham · 11/09/2018 17:03

Turns out that I'm significantly in the minority because I expect my children to wear smart clothes to special events, eat their dinner and go to bed when told? OK... Hmm

QueenOfPharts · 11/09/2018 17:15

Seem to mostly be in agreement and here was me thinking I'm a push over....I am but so is everyone elseGrin. Just on the peas though I would never make my child eat them all/force feed but would encourage them to try a few before probably letting them have pudding. Its usually fruit for pudding anyway.

WhiteHartLane · 11/09/2018 17:37

I'm in the majority for most questions. Minority for clothing conundrum though, wouldn't take my DC to a special event dressed as a pirate.

itsonlysubterfuge · 11/09/2018 17:38

Some of the multiple choose were things I wouldn't do, so I have as to pick the closest thing. Mostly in the majority though.

AimlesslyPurposeful · 11/09/2018 17:40

I was pleasantly surprised to see so many other parents also threaten the loss of pudding if no effort is made to eat some vegetables.

I’d have “Cruel to be kind” in my thoughts but still felt mean. Now all my DCs happily eat lots of veg - All feelings of guilt have gone.

flamingtoaster · 11/09/2018 17:43

I couldn't believe the "Tell yourself 'this too shall pass', then have a little cry in the loo" answer. Why on earth was the second part of the question there? There is no way I would cry in the loo because a DC wasn't very good on a violin yet - though I would tell myself that "this too shall pass". With the majority on bedtime and vegetables - though wouldn't force them to eat all of them, trying some would be sufficient. The clothes question - there is no way I would completely wind up a child before a special event and so putting a jumper over the top of the costume was my choice.

DrZoidbergsTentacles · 11/09/2018 17:51

Done and dusted. I'm super average!

Gorillaandme · 11/09/2018 17:56

Grin and bear it type of mum :)

Queenofmyownheart · 11/09/2018 18:08

Think I'm pretty much super average except I'm not going to cry in the loo when my kid isn't good at something 😂

changeznameza · 11/09/2018 18:12

Interesting! I've never struck a bargain over vegetables/pudding - I think food should be joyous so I try to keep it all fun and keep trying different veg cooked different ways, also pudding is often fruit based anyway. Apart from that I sided with the majority Smile

BristolMum96 · 11/09/2018 18:14

I'm average for mumsnet! Slightly surprised

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

MyWorstSelf · 11/09/2018 18:28

Quite reassuring actually. I have very little patience and I sometimes think I'm too harsh because of it, but it seems like plenty others are like-minded.

JellySlice · 11/09/2018 18:37

I'm surprised at how mainstream I am!

Wonder whether my answers would have been different 10y ago, when they were all so much younger? It's the same old same old: I wish I'd known then what I know now.

goose1964 · 11/09/2018 18:46

I seem to be in the top 2 apart from boredom,

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.