Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Waiting times for DLA for new claim 2021

Sengland01 · 15/04/2021 12:56

Hi the DLA received my claim on the 1st April 21. Does anyone know the current waiting times. Thanks

OP's posts:
Please
or

MyDcAreMarvel · 13/08/2021 19:00

Paeds not papers.

Please
or

Lisastevo82 · 13/08/2021 19:07

@MyDcAreMarvel This is the issue I have. All his paperwork states he is a good sleeper because up until 6 months ago he was!! He finally got his ADHD diagnosis in June but it was very matter of fact and quick based off of his Conners scores and I wasn’t given the opportunity to chat about anything else. In hindsight I would’ve but alas I did not. In future at every appointment I will make sure everything gets discussed and documented. So not really sure what to do

Please
or

Lisastevo82 · 13/08/2021 19:08

@MyDcAreMarvel So basically all my night time issues I’ve written on the form are totally contradicted by the clinic notes. I think I may have to admit defeat on this one

Please
or

MyDcAreMarvel · 13/08/2021 19:16

@Lisastevo82 it is more likely that they DM will give more weight to the paperwork . However dla is meant to be self/parental assessment so if you state clearly that things have changed and that the ADHD appointment was rushed due to Covid so you didn’t get chance to discus sleep he could still get night needs awarded.
There is nothing to lose by mentioning the new night needs.

Please
or

Lisastevo82 · 13/08/2021 19:21

@MyDcAreMarvel Thanks for your help. One last thing, would the contradiction in what I’ve said and what is in the clinic reports cause them to not award at all? I don’t want the DM to think I’m making stuff up and throw out the application. Maybe I’m overthinking

Please
or

MyDcAreMarvel · 13/08/2021 19:37

@Lisastevo82 no that wouldn’t happen, you have evidence to support your child’s needs in other areas.
That wouldn’t be following the guidance.

Please
or

Starseeking · 13/08/2021 19:50

@Lisastevo82 This is the same issue I have been worrying about as well. All of the professional reports I submitted except 2 (one of which was her ASD diagnosis) were from 2019. I explained it by saying we'd had no in-person appointments since Covid, which was the reason why.

Also, all reports from 2019 say she has no sleep issues, whereas now she does! She wakes up a few times each night and is ready to play. If she manages to sleep through, it's only until about 4am!

I figured I would submit all the reports as they are labelling everything clearly, and fill out the form according to how my DD is now, and if they want any further information, they will ask. I only submitted my form on Wednesday this week, so I have another 8 to go before I hear back by the sounds of it!

Please
or

Vickygal · 13/08/2021 23:37

Great news hopefully I will hear next week my forms were received 5 days after yours🤞

Please
or

AmyKnow · 14/08/2021 15:09

[quote Bestboyintheworld2015]@Starseeking no I've not had a decision yet im already on week 8, I've never had any correspondence either letter text etc, I've had to keep phoning for updates im hoping it will be done in the next few days as others have had their decision which were received the day before my sons, fingers crossed its so stressful this looong wait lol good luck xx[/quote]
I got my text today granting it mine was received on the 25th June x

Please
or

AmyKnow · 14/08/2021 15:10

@Mumof1girland1boy

Do you get a text with the decision, as when I phoned Tuesday the lady said I should hear within the week.

Hi
I received a text today granting my sons they recruit on the 25th June hope that helps x
Please
or

Starbar89 · 14/08/2021 15:25

Amyknow - did you provide lots of documents with your claim. My sons for was received on 26th June so hoping we hear very soon. I called last week and they said to wait until next Friday at the latest

Please
or

Mumof1girland1boy · 14/08/2021 15:34

Thank you Amyknow I'm hoping they let me know this week its hard work fighting for what they need.

Please
or

AmyKnow · 14/08/2021 16:01

@Starbar89

Amyknow - did you provide lots of documents with your claim. My sons for was received on 26th June so hoping we hear very soon. I called last week and they said to wait until next Friday at the latest

Hi I had my healthy visitor do the statement in the claim then I sent his recent peads report and his salt report x
Please
or

AmyKnow · 14/08/2021 16:01

@Mumof1girland1boy

Thank you Amyknow I'm hoping they let me know this week its hard work fighting for what they need.

It definitely is! Hope you get some news soon x
Please
or

Mumof3girls93 · 14/08/2021 16:41

Hi dla recieved my forms on 21st june and i still havnt heard anything just wondering if anyone elses were recieved round this time tia x

Please
or

AmyKnow · 14/08/2021 17:00

@Mumof3girls93

Hi dla recieved my forms on 21st june and i still havnt heard anything just wondering if anyone elses were recieved round this time tia x

Hi mine were received on the 25th June and I got a text today confirming it's been accepted x
Please
or

Mumof3girls93 · 14/08/2021 17:22

Thank you Did you recieve a text when they recieved your forms i know some people have said they did i just got a letter just wondering if not everybody gets texts x

Please
or

AmyKnow · 14/08/2021 18:00

@Mumof3girls93

Thank you Did you recieve a text when they recieved your forms i know some people have said they did i just got a letter just wondering if not everybody gets texts x

No I didn't get a text the only text I got was today when it was awarded but I got the letter about a week or so after they got my forms X
Please
or

leslie77 · 14/08/2021 18:10

It's so frustrating when you hear people who sent forms after you have got it all sorted.
Obviously I'm delighted for the children/parents concerned but it's such a worrying time waiting for an answer I can't help but feel we must be getting turned down when they are taking so long with our forms 🙁

Please
or

AmyKnow · 14/08/2021 18:24

@leslie77

It's so frustrating when you hear people who sent forms after you have got it all sorted.
Obviously I'm delighted for the children/parents concerned but it's such a worrying time waiting for an answer I can't help but feel we must be getting turned down when they are taking so long with our forms 🙁

I definitely understand where your coming from I know a few people who have sent after me and had their response before me I honestly just think it all depends who's desk it lands on and how much evidence is sent hope you hear soon x
Please
or

Vickygal · 14/08/2021 18:40

They had mine on 22june had letter today saying still have not made decision ,others who had same letter a few days days before me , received text yesterday with their decisions, fingers crossed us next week, they are taking the full 8weeks

Please
or

AmyKnow · 14/08/2021 19:00

@Vickygal

They had mine on 22june had letter today saying still have not made decision ,others who had same letter a few days days before me , received text yesterday with their decisions, fingers crossed us next week, they are taking the full 8weeks

They really are I rung a few times saying I've had nothing from them and then the text awarding it today mine would be 8 weeks this Thursday I think x
Please
or

AmyKnow · 14/08/2021 19:57

@Cjk2013

Hi, dla recieved forms on 22nd of June so 7 weeks ago. I rang up today and got told no point ringing till after 8 weeks as we won't tell you anything.
Did anyone else's get recieved around the same time and had a decision yet? X

Hey I had a text this morning saying my son qualifies my forms we're received on the 25th June hope that helps x
Please
or

Mumof1girland1boy · 16/08/2021 10:32

How long are people waiting for a decision on dla please.

Please
or

Alk19 · 16/08/2021 11:27

@Mumof1girland1boy

How long are people waiting for a decision on dla please.

My waiti time was just under 8 weeks of them receiving my forms on 25th June.
Got accepted on Saturday X
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

This thread is not accepting new messages.