Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Waiting times for DLA for new claim 2021

Sengland01 · 15/04/2021 12:56

Hi the DLA received my claim on the 1st April 21. Does anyone know the current waiting times. Thanks

OP's posts:
Please
or

Mumof1girland1boy · 16/08/2021 11:51

Alk19 thank you hope mines not long now then.

Please
or

Alk19 · 16/08/2021 12:02

@Mumof1girland1boy no problem I hope all goes well for you X

Please
or

Vickygal · 16/08/2021 16:02

Just called them good news son been awarded middle care low mobility sent forms 8weeks today good luck every one🥳🤞

Please
or

Lraf1234 · 16/08/2021 17:02

Hi, I’ve sent a claim and they received it on 1st July, I rang today and the woman I spoke didn’t give me any information on how the claim is progressing, I also said I have another report to support my claim so I sent that today, I was wondering if anyone else has sent more reports? And I’ll it prolong the process? And will it be put on hold until they receive it? Thanks x

Please
or

Mumof3girls93 · 16/08/2021 17:26

They got my forms on the 21st of june i rang today and they said its with decision maker

Please
or

Starbar89 · 16/08/2021 17:42

I also phoned today they need more time. Asked me to confirm bank details. 😧 my 8 weeks is on Friday.

Please
or

Chandelina · 16/08/2021 17:43

Hi,

I sent extra information 3 times, it didn’t prolong the process at all... they just scanned it onto the system and added it to the claim.
My sons claim toke 8 weeks, I’ve had a decision and I’m just waiting for a letter now as I don’t know which rate my son qualified for xx

Please
or

Lraf1234 · 16/08/2021 17:48

That’s good to hear Smile I just didn’t think to ask the lady on the phone if the claim will be put on hold or it will prolong it while waiting for the report I sent 🤦🏼‍♀️ X

Please
or

Chandelina · 17/08/2021 12:50

I just stopped sending evidence once they said the claim was with the decision maker. If I didn’t have the extra evidence on paper I’d just tell them on the phone and they added it to the claim for me.
xx

Please
or

Daisydoo5 · 17/08/2021 13:13

Hello. Dla received my forms on the 28th June. I phoned up yesterday to be told it hasn't even reached the 8 week mark and ive still got more than 2 weeks wait! The lady one the phone couldn't even be bothered to check, and tbh sounded like she wanted to get rid of me! Anyways its 8 weeks today so I rang back up, and spoken to a lovely lady who said something like its not be allocated to the case manager and would see if she could inform them, but still could take up to another 2 weeks waiting. I was wondering what does the case manager do? Sorry I'm all new to this and this is my first claim for my DD

Please
or

Alk19 · 17/08/2021 13:29

@Daisydoo5
Hi I think she probably means the decision maker possibly or if it's not with them then she would have to informer a manger to get it seen I was initially told waiting times were 8-11 weeks mine was awarded on Saturday and they received my forms on 25th June I had a few reports in mine and my health visitor also filled in the form to hope this helps x

Please
or

Daisydoo5 · 17/08/2021 13:35

Thank you for replying! I also sent aload of reports of and the school filled in the report. I think I've come to the conclusion im an impatient person 🙃 hopefully it shouldn't be long now Smile x

Please
or

Mumof2girlys · 17/08/2021 15:38

Hey guys so dla received my claim on the 25th June called today and its with a decision maker, I called on the 23rd April for the form and was sent the wrong form I spoke to a lady on the phone today who has asked in my note for it to be back dated until the 23rd as wasn't my fault I got the wrong form send, been told should be done this week did everyone receive a text?, also how long after a text did you receive the payment and are they only making payments on a Wednesday

Please
or

Alk19 · 17/08/2021 17:28

@Mumof2girlys
Hi j received a text on Saturday saying we qualified they received my forms on the 25th June also x

Please
or

Alk19 · 17/08/2021 17:29

[quote Alk19]@Mumof2girlys
Hi j received a text on Saturday saying we qualified they received my forms on the 25th June also x[/quote]
We've not had his payment yet either X

Please
or

Mumof2girlys · 17/08/2021 18:12

@Alk19 thank you I expect you will receive a payment tomorrow, I was hoping mine would have been sorted sooner as going away on Saturday and was hoping to have the extra money to buy her school stuff while we're away, as not much available in my small town, never mind, I'm sort off panicking thinking I hope I sent in enough evidence (never done this before) and my daughter hasn't been diagnosed yet 1st pead appointment Friday x

Please
or

Alk19 · 17/08/2021 18:29

@Mumof2girlys This was my first time claiming to and my son hasn't had an official diagnoses yet he was 2 in April but peads said he's evidently on the spectrum they don't really need a diagnoses it's the level of care you provide I hope you hear back soon! And hopefully I didn't think to ask about payment haha x

Please
or

Mumof2girlys · 17/08/2021 23:02

@Alk19 thank you that's good to hear so hopefully I will be OK then, glad you've got it sorted for you son as its 1 box ticked on this bumpy ride x

Please
or

Lhmym · 18/08/2021 11:43

Hi sorry to jump on I sent my application for my 14 year old thay recived it 29th June still in holding que and as not been looked at I sent his ehcp is iep and is educated pycoligist report and letter from Cahams or healthy young minds as it’s now called he’s also in a special educational needs high school or as school like to call it a school for behavioural emotional and social needs school school have put there bit in form I have explained on form that he as to have sen transport from the council due to is complex needs I can not see him being awarded but I guess that’s just how it can make people feel any body eles had there form recived to dla on 29th June and still not been looked at 🙁

Please
or

Alk19 · 18/08/2021 11:54

@Lhmym
I'm sure your claim will be dealt with shortly I was currently advised 8-11 weeks and was awarded on Saturday payment went in today they received my forms on the 25th June.
It sounds like you've sent quite a lot of evidence and he's receiving the right support which is great don't doubt yourself on qualifying I think we all went through that stage though so can relate hope you hear back soon X

Please
or

Daisydoo5 · 18/08/2021 11:59

@Lhmym dla received my form day before yours on the 28th June. & I phoned them Tuesday as its been 8 weeks to the day, and the lady told me it hasn't been allocated to the case manager, so unsure if they have even looked at it Confused I myself am thinking the same that he won't be granted even thou I sent aload of reports in, one been of the paediatric panel stating he has development delay, and needs supervising throughout the day and night due to his none sense of danger etc. My sons 8 and still needs changing during the night due to him still been in nappies for bed. I hope you get some good news soon 🙏 x

Please
or

Lhmym · 18/08/2021 12:09

Ye when I called yesterday thay said not been looked at and could take 8 to 12 weeks Thanks for your reply’s ye my son as been having appointments with Cahams and thay say he had asd traits but he just refuses to engage with them he’s up and down till 5am won’t get on is sen transport won’t engage outside the house constant prompting he’s also got attachment disorder but knowing dla thay put it down to parenting witch I find very harsh as you can be a brill parent and some one looking at a form for 10 mins can say a child as no probs and refuse thay wana live in real world the d makers it’s not always cos of parenting thay need to put self in parents shoes and see how tierd we get how the child struggles day to day

Please
or

Chandelina · 18/08/2021 12:30

Hey, I was just reading what you typed. I don’t think you will have an issues in being awarded at all.
My son has AFRID which is a restrictive eating disorder, sensory issue, parent separation anxiety and learning difficulties and newly diagnosed with sleep apnea... he needs prompting throughout the day with eating and drinking or he just wouldn’t do it. Also has severe constipation which keeps him up at night and acid reflux with thankfully now they have put him in medicine the sickness is improving.
I didn’t think for one min we would be accepted but we were last week which is just amazing for my son.
Good luck I will keep checking back to see how your claim went. Xx

Please
or

Lhmym · 18/08/2021 13:20

@chandelina here’s hoping it’s will be 8 weeks on Tuesday next according to dla I guy I spoke to said if I had not herd from them by 24th then call and thay will try get decisions for us I can not see that as all the others have said call back in 8 so I guess I will give up calling for a while and wait for a ye or no message

Please
or

Furbymc88 · 18/08/2021 13:41

We returned our age 5 review at the end of March and still haven’t had a decision, every time we phone they say it will be processed by the time his 5th birthday comes, which is now in 3 days! Roughly 16 weeks we’ve been waiting, carers allowance and all other benefits about to stop

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

This thread is not accepting new messages.