Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Waiting times for DLA for new claim 2021

Sengland01 · 15/04/2021 12:56

Hi the DLA received my claim on the 1st April 21. Does anyone know the current waiting times. Thanks

OP's posts:
Please
or

Bestboyintheworld2015 · 10/08/2021 19:23

My forms were received on the 18th june so i hope i get a text tomorrow as others have said they received a text yesterday and their forms were received the day before mine and after mine, fingers crossed we all get a good result soon for our children xx

Please
or

Starseeking · 10/08/2021 19:28

I submitted my DD's application form and supporting information today by guaranteed next day delivery, so the clock will start ticking tomorrow.

I'll come back and report how long it takes to get a decision, though hopefully the rest of you should have received yours by then!

Please
or

Bestboyintheworld2015 · 10/08/2021 19:40

@starseeking best of luck on your journey hopefully it won't be too long, i have spoken to others who have been lucky enough to get their application sorted within 2/4 weeks, I've unfortunately been kept to the very end of the 8 weeks lol all the best x

Please
or

Starseeking · 10/08/2021 20:02

Thanks @Bestboyintheworld2015.

Apologies, I haven't read through the whole thread; did you receive a decision after 8 weeks or just a letter saying it's due imminently?

Please
or

Bestboyintheworld2015 · 10/08/2021 22:24

@Starseeking no I've not had a decision yet im already on week 8, I've never had any correspondence either letter text etc, I've had to keep phoning for updates im hoping it will be done in the next few days as others have had their decision which were received the day before my sons, fingers crossed its so stressful this looong wait lol good luck xx

Please
or

leslie77 · 10/08/2021 23:02

Mine was received the 8th of June and the last time I phoned up they said they were dealing with the the forms they received in April and it'll take 16 weeks for a decision. I'm in NI so wonder if it's taking longer over here.

Please
or

Chandelina · 10/08/2021 23:41

I rung them up again today 🙈 I couldn’t help it. They were really nice and the lady said id hear by Friday, if not to give them a call.
Thursday will be exactly 8 weeks since they received my sons claim form. X

Please
or

Jv12002 · 11/08/2021 00:34

@leslie77 I am also in NI. Sent the form off on 19 April and it’s now 16 weeks. I rang on 28 May and they confirmed they had received and expected timescales 10-14 weeks.

Please
or

leslie77 · 11/08/2021 00:40

@Jv12002 hopefully you hear soon 🤞

Please
or

Bestboyintheworld2015 · 11/08/2021 09:13

Hi everyone just an update i got a surprise payment from dla in the bank this morning it works out as high care and low mobility im so chuffed 8 weeks waiting was worth it best of luck everyone x

Please
or

Bestboyintheworld2015 · 11/08/2021 09:16

Was also backdated to the 21st of April as it worked it out to 16 weeks payment i was worried it wasn't going to be backdated as i was told it was only getting paid from the 18th of june best of luck all still waiting hopefully will be sorted soon xx

Please
or

Chandelina · 11/08/2021 11:12

That’s fantastic news xx

Please
or

Starseeking · 11/08/2021 12:47

Brilliant news @Bestboyintheworld2015!

If you were expecting your child to qualify for the high rate mobility this can be challenged; the CAB have some advice about doing so, which is worth looking at.

www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/disability-living-allowance/dla-appeals/DLA-appealing-the-decision/

Please
or

Vickygal · 11/08/2021 16:37

Excellent news good for you and your child ,mine was received on the 22 June, fingers crossed it will be good news for me next week🤞🥳🙂

Please
or

Bestboyintheworld2015 · 11/08/2021 17:56

Tyvm everyone im happy with what my son received not going to challenge the mobility at the moment, i had an appointment with cab this morning they are sorting everything else out for my son as i just don't think i have any energy left now lol its been a very long journey, i wish you all the very best of luck i hope all your children get a really good result soon as they rightfully deserve xx

Please
or

Organisedchaosalways · 11/08/2021 20:33

Does anyone know how soon payment is made after a decision

Please
or

Chandelina · 12/08/2021 11:05

I feel really deflated because it’s 8 weeks today, when I rung up I think it was Tuesday and they said the decision maker has it and I should hear by the end of this week, however yesterday I received a letter saying “sorry they haven’t made a decision yet”
I’m just guessing now it’s going to be declined. X

Please
or

Mumof1girland1boy · 12/08/2021 11:55

Do you get a text with the decision, as when I phoned Tuesday the lady said I should hear within the week.

Please
or

Organisedchaosalways · 12/08/2021 13:58

@Chandelina

I feel really deflated because it’s 8 weeks today, when I rung up I think it was Tuesday and they said the decision maker has it and I should hear by the end of this week, however yesterday I received a letter saying “sorry they haven’t made a decision yet”
I’m just guessing now it’s going to be declined. X

I got the same letter but a few days later got a text with the decision and money came today
Please
or

Chandelina · 13/08/2021 13:45

Hey! Thank you for your reply. I’m pleased to say that I just received a text saying my son does qualify for DLA. Xx

Please
or

Lisastevo82 · 13/08/2021 17:37

Hi. Sorry to jump on your thread but you all seem extremely knowledgable about DLA applications. I’m currently going through the process of my 6 yr old sons application, diagnosed ADHD, highly suspected ASD (waiting assessment) and just really really hard work. I have diagnosis letter and clinic reports for ADHD but all evidence for ASD clinic is dated late 2019, will this be sufficient. Also got my sons ISP from school and a statement. Should I be highlighting the sections of clinic reports with relevant stuff, they are really long!! Sorry for the ramble. Any help much appreciated. I’m panicking that I don’t have enough evidence TIA

Please
or

MyDcAreMarvel · 13/08/2021 18:02

No don’t highlight anything, just photocopy and send and write on the form what you have send. It’s useful to write your child name and dob ( NI number if you know it but you won’t if first application) in case they get separated before scanning.
It’s absolutely fine that the ASD evidence is dated 2019.
An asd diagnosis letter alone is sufficient for a dla award if the dla form shows need for care/mobility. Obviously send everything but you have plenty of evidence.

Please
or

MyDcAreMarvel · 13/08/2021 18:03

*sent

Please
or

Lisastevo82 · 13/08/2021 18:13

@MyDcAreMarvel

No don’t highlight anything, just photocopy and send and write on the form what you have send. It’s useful to write your child name and dob ( NI number if you know it but you won’t if first application) in case they get separated before scanning.
It’s absolutely fine that the ASD evidence is dated 2019.
An asd diagnosis letter alone is sufficient for a dla award if the dla form shows need for care/mobility. Obviously send everything but you have plenty of evidence.

That’s most helpful thank you. The only thing that is worrying me is all his reports say he is a good sleeper. This has changed and he is now up multiple times a night and because he shares a room with his little 10 month old brother he has to be supervised at all times as he cannot be trusted around him when he is awake even for a second. He doesn’t mean to hurt him but has on occasion and it’s really worrying. Because we haven’t had any appointments relating to possible ASD for ages we have no evidence, just what I’ve written?! What should I do do you think?!
Please
or

MyDcAreMarvel · 13/08/2021 18:59

@Lisastevo82 do you have a diagnosis letter that doesn’t mention his sleep? If not just write on the form that things have changed and your ds has had no recent appointments due to Covid.
If you have any professionals who would be willing to write a sentence reading sleep on the “someone who knows you” page you could do that.
Also not dla related but think about asking for a community papers referral for melatonin.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

This thread is not accepting new messages.