New thread Smile

OP's posts:
Please
or
to access all these features

zombiemeow · 10/02/2016 08:44

Anyone still about?

Having a really bad day Sad

Last night ds woke up 4/5 times before 11. 11 he woke up and I was so damn tired I asked h to come sort him. H woke me repeatedly to tell me 'he's just awake' then buggered off to watch tv (without telling me) leaving me to deal with ds. I was so tired I felt physically sick. Ds was up til 1.45. He then woke up loads more before waking up at 5.

Ds is tired but will not sleep.

I'm so exhausted. I'm sat here crying.

H is having another fucking lie in.

OP's posts:
Please
or

fluffikins · 10/02/2016 08:54

The men just have no idea do they?? It makes me so angry, just because mine is working and hasn't got milk he does F all.

My night was..

7 to bed
9 woke up resettled with a hold
12 - woke and demanded a feed
2:30 woke but resettled herself- I didn't get up
3 woke up and had to be fed and then held until 4
4:20 woke again had to be held and fed until 5
Then she slept til 6:30 so I was sat up with her from 3-5 basically Sad

Please
or

HollyC255552 · 10/02/2016 09:00

Yep still here Sad.

Fluff my night was very similar to yours between 3-5. DD is so tired this morning her eyes are all red & puffy no sign of going to sleep yet though.

I have such a bad headache felt all dizzy this morning when i stood up.

Please
or

starfish12 · 10/02/2016 11:52

Hi everyone. I've not posted for a while as both boys had an awful virus and lingering cough/cold and I had totally lost the will to live.

That's so true about milk and work fluff! zombie - can you agree with DH that you need a block of -insert number- hrs sleep and he must look after him during that time even if he's awake the entire time? Big hugs... Did he nap this morning? I hope you get some rest.

We've had a very odd 10 days or so. So amazingly DS2 has slept 7-730 about 5 times. Totally out of the blue and totally nothing I've done. I half think it's because he was really poorly and he was just zonking out whenever he stirred.

The other nights he's gone from a quick boob feed and back down within 15 mins to being up wailing an awful new cry for an hr and a half with me rocking him. DH was away and I managed not to feed in the night for 8 nights, cue DH coming back and taking a turn and suddenly DS must be crying due to hunger. Angry

Am hoping it's this current wonder week.

Anyway I'm not complaining as I know sleeping thru is amazing. It just feels very odd for things to totally change. I think I preferred 3 quick boob feeds in the night (!!)

Please
or

EssiesInvisibleLlama · 10/02/2016 15:09

I'm still here too. Last few nights have been random and with no consistency at all. Last night I had to sling him to sleep then fed him at 9pm, 11pm, then from 1-6am he was squirming and really unsettled. I had to keep picking him up and rocking him cos he didn't want to feed. Very weird. Seems ok today. I look dreadful. Usually I manage to look ok even when dog tired but today I look ancient! Joy.

My DH does his best but is miserable without enough sleep so I tend to do all nighttime stuff cos I can't handle him being a miserable git as well.

My sister is coming round in a min. She can entertain ds for a bit and I might get a lie down!

Hugs for all the sleep deprived, so basically everyone!

Please
or

fluffikins · 10/02/2016 17:42

Same reason here - Dh is a right grump when tired so I do it all but I can't help thinking that it's completely unfair that I have to just suck it up but he gets to lay it on with a trowel about how tired he is if he misses 30 seconds of his 8 hr sleep. I kind of want to shake him and tell him to just get on with it!

Please
or

fluffikins · 10/02/2016 19:43

Dd falls asleep in my arms and then I transfer her but she screams blue murder if I put her in the cot awake, even if I hold her in it. Any idea how to get around this. ALL the things I read seem to suggest this is the key to a good night but Dd is not being fooled by any strategy Confused

Please
or

zombiemeow · 10/02/2016 20:53

Sorry your all still here Sad and a few of you are in the crap sleepy husband gang too

Fluff I have no idea about the cot but ds is exactly the same.

Crap naps today, bout 1/2 hour I think, and a crap night so far. He went to bed at 7 and has woke up 3 times. He's still awake.

OP's posts:
Please
or

zombiemeow · 10/02/2016 21:04

It's really getting the better of me recently. I feel so down. He won't settle at all unless I'm holding him and my back is hurting so much. Sad

I feel like I'm missing out on so much with him because I'm constantly obsessing over sleep/grumpy from lack of it.

OP's posts:
Please
or

HollyC255552 · 10/02/2016 21:59

I always have to rock or hold DD to sleep. Would love to be able to just put her down awake.
DD currently goes down in her cot at around 8pm for the first part of night then something just triggers around midnight ish & it goes to pot from there. WHY though????? Anyone have any thoughts?

P.s back to work in April only part time but want things to be a bit better by then.

Please
or

starfish12 · 11/02/2016 07:47

fluff, my DS is the same. Seems like the few good nights were entirely illness related and have been replaced by 1.5hr wake ups which involve rocking and falling asleep, transferring to cot and cue screaming. Repeat for 1.5hrs. I think he's experiencing separation anxiety but not sure if that's related.

holly - i think they get more restless/less sleepy as the night goes on? That's my theory anyway.

I'm really fucked off as am staying with my mum this week and it's even harder work... is it too much to ask for a lie in and her have him for an hr when she's heard I've been up in the night...???? Angry

Please
or

fluffikins · 11/02/2016 10:36

Ah separation anxiety might explain it, she's 8 months. I know Sarah ockwell smith says self settling is developmental but not sure if she should have developed this by now??

Please
or

fluffikins · 11/02/2016 10:37

Starfish my parents are the same, they come and stay and then just sit there while I do all the cooking, make them tea, it never occurs to them to get up and take her or give me an afternoon break while they take her out for a nap.

Please
or

Purpleboa · 14/02/2016 23:17

Bumping this so we don't get lost! Not that I have much to add. After a week of better sleep while we were on holiday, DD's sleep has gone back to being shit. Stupid me, for daring to hope things might be getting better...

Please
or

starfish12 · 15/02/2016 06:06

That's good you had better sleep purple. She seems to like being away?! Hope you had a nice holiday.

Same for us. After a few good nights I think we've slammed into the next sleep regression. I always thought it was at 9 months but the Internet says can be 8-10 months. Last night we were up for 2.5hrs at midnight with another 5am start to the day. He's standing up in his cot so I suppose we'll just have to ride out the novelty of that!

zombie have you had your sleep clinic yet?

Please
or

fluffikins · 15/02/2016 07:06

I think we're in the next regression too. Naps have gone to nothing in the day and she's up half the night cooing and crawling until she eventually gets angry, screams for 2 mins then collapses knackered about 5 mins before we have to all get up

Please
or

starfish12 · 15/02/2016 08:37

Do you do anything to get her back to sleep fluff?. I'd managed to night wean for the best part of 3 weeks but I've had to resort to boob a few times including last night after DH had spent an hr rocking him. Feel like we're going backwards!!

Please
or

fluffikins · 15/02/2016 10:24

Just feeding her. I try to hold her first but usually end up feeding. Problem is when she's up in one of these 'episodes' where she's wide awake I can't see anything getting her to sleep (not even feeding) until she's ready. She seems to do it when she's developing something so I just wait to see during the day what it was so that's the silver lining!

Please
or

starfish12 · 15/02/2016 13:37

Similar here then - maybe I shouldn't bother trying to rock and just sit with him till he gets it out of his system and is ready to go back to sleep. I'd leave him to it but he goes ballistic and I don't want him waking his brother!

Please
or

fluffikins · 15/02/2016 13:48

I just clamp her to me/feed/rub back all in the dark and in silence - I want her to think it's nighttime and we don't play at night.

Please
or

Lalala82 · 15/02/2016 23:32

Hi all can I join? I'm normally a lurker but I'm struggling with my very nearly one year old who has slept two four hour chunks....ever.....generally we might make it to two hours if I'm lucky. I'm considering giving him back to the hospital cos he's clearly broken (as am I). My dd is suffering as I'm just never near 100% and, whilst I've given up expecting a good night I'm so fed up of it never ending! Im in an awful cycle of boobing him to sleep but can't break it as I'm so desperate for the minutes of sleep I might get that I'm terrified to stop iyswim?! Sorry you've all got poor sleepers too it's soooo brutal. Wishing you all luck for the night ahead!

Please
or

Pyjamaramadrama · 16/02/2016 10:07

I'm still around. Ds actually slept through, all the way through for 4 nights running. Then it all went to shit and he's back to waking a gazillion times at night.

I think we've coslept for a week now.

Please
or

Purpleboa · 16/02/2016 10:57

Welcome lala! Sounds very tough. I totally get your point about the boobing. Right now I co sleep part of the night and feed her when she wakes...it's better than having to get out of bed, rock her and lose any chance I might have had of getting her to sleep. I have NO idea how we'll tackle night weaning. At this rate worried I'll still be feeding her when she's 18!!

Sorry you're still here pyjama. So frustrating when they prove they can do it...then stop doing it!

Frustrating day here. Night wasn't the worst but wasn't the best either. Today's been the first day of me introducing a new cot nap regime. Going to try to settle her in her cot for at least one nap. Because she usually only manages 30 mins in her cot, I want at least one of her naps to be lasting longer. Anyway. Total failure to get her in her cot so am now slinging her sigh. My back is killing me! Tbf, think I tried too soon to get her for a nap. But I'm waiting on a builder to come and give us a quote so I wanted her to sleep before that.

Starting to panic that she's not in a routine yet - other babies her age (almost 8 months) seem to be falling into one. I suppose we have a routine of sorts - 3 meals a day, two naps now and bed at 7 30. Because I like us to get out a lot it's hard to be too rigid with nap tomes though. Please reassure me that this is Ok?? Realistically I can't see us getting a set daytime routine before she starts nursery.

Please
or

Pyjamaramadrama · 16/02/2016 12:00

If it's any consolation I don't night feed anymore, I stopped around 6 months but it hasn't made any difference to his night waking anyway. The only place he sleeps soundly is in our bed. Even then he wakes a lot but I don't notice as I can cuddle him quickly.

It sounds as though you do have a routine, we have a routine but the times aren't set in stone.

Please
or

zombiemeow · 16/02/2016 12:06

Hi everyone.

Just popping on to say we have the sleep clinic today. Will let you know if they say anything useful Hmm

Ds has actually got worse recently. Last night he slept 7-9, then up til 2 then three wake ups between 2 and 4.30 when he was up for the day. Most nights the past week or two have been like that.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.