sleepless of mumsnet - I'm too tired to think of a good title

zombiemeow · 29/01/2016 21:03

New thread Smile

OP's posts:
Please
or
to access all these features

Halla17 · 03/02/2016 20:46

Purple- thank you, and congratulations on your littles first tooth.
When it comes to nights I'm basically on my own. My fiance is a big grouch if he doesn't sleep, I'd rather hr does. Lol

Please
or

EssiesInvisibleLlama · 03/02/2016 21:24

halla I'm on my own at night for the same reason. Husband is an arse when sleep deprived! I learned this in the first couple of weeks. Came as a bit of a shock.

Ended up slinging baby to sleep tonight cos he just wouldn't settle so now he's snoring strapped onto me. Don't want to take him out of sling cos he'll wake up but equally I want to go to bed. Wah!

Please
or

EssiesInvisibleLlama · 03/02/2016 21:25

purple congrats on the tooth. I suspect thats why ds is in such a state tonight. He's been teething for couple weeks but today been bashing at his face and pulling his ear and drooling for Wales.

Please
or

Halla17 · 03/02/2016 22:42

Essie- I was also surprised. He has no problem staying up as long as he can a. Play video games b. Sleep the whole next day.

My sister recommended this device www.babocush.com/ idk if it'd help any of you ladies but maybe?

Please
or

Purpleboa · 04/02/2016 07:20

Same here! DH is crap on no sleep. So we figures out earlier on it's better for me to take the hit. Given that there's not much he can do anyway. But he is an early riser so will take her when he can to give me a couple of extra hours kip. Which does help.

Rubbish night here. So many wakings, I lost count. Maybe another tooth coming in??

Please
or

fluffikins · 04/02/2016 09:48

Rubbish night here but new tooth this morning Grin

A friend of mine gave me some good advice - to not worry about how what I'm doing now will affect the future. She said that's the way to go crazy, just do what works for now. I've been following this and feel so much better, I've been consistently part time co sleeping now and I think I'm more relaxed. Dd has dropped one feed in the night and generally I feel more rested even though largely her nights haven't really changed. I think the anxiety that I was creating bad habits or that IT WILL ALL GO WRONG was tiring me out more than the actual wakings!

Please
or

Halla17 · 04/02/2016 10:25

I think I convinced myself that him sleeping with me isn't bad, and we can break the habit if we really wanted lol. None of it is probably true but I'm sure it'll be fine. Plus bf is easier if he's right there.
Tonight was surprisingly good only up once at midnight for a feed n now. Watch now he won't go back to sleep..

Please
or

zombiemeow · 04/02/2016 12:29

Fluff that is some good advice!

We had an okish night, few wake ups but not for long then up at 4.30/5.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Halla17 · 04/02/2016 12:49

Is it odd my son wakes up just screaming vs the normal hungry sound n hand eating.

Please
or

Purpleboa · 04/02/2016 13:37

Fluff great advice there! I'm the same as you, been giving myself a hard time for co sleeping part of the night. But I am getting more sleep - Ok, still tired but it's not the bone drenching exhaustion of before. Means I'm a happier mum too. It will work out, our little ones will probably want their own space as they get bigger anyway! she says hopefully

Please
or

fluffikins · 04/02/2016 13:54

Halla is it teeth?

purple If it helps I did a little poll among my friends (15 or so) with older kids and most co-slept up to anytime between 10 and 18 months, they basically waited until they were sleeping through and none of them now have kids in their beds. Most just naturally transitioned and didn't put up a fuss either. I think as long as my DD starts out the night in her cot the transition will be relatively painless. i.e. I think we need to stop torturing ourselves with baby whisperer BS!

Please
or

Halla17 · 04/02/2016 13:57

Fluff- He's only 8wks, can teeth come in that early?

Please
or

Pyjamaramadrama · 04/02/2016 14:20

bigtroubleinlittlenappies.com/baby/guide-to-co-sleeping/

I really like this blog, the reluctant cosleepers guide.

Really sums it up I think.

Please
or

Pyjamaramadrama · 04/02/2016 14:23

Hopefully it will make you reluctant cosleepers smile and reassure you that you're not doing anything wrong.

Please
or

Pyjamaramadrama · 04/02/2016 14:29

These are my favourite bits.

Co-sleeping can make a rod for your own back, so don’t do it. Having no sleep and spending the night sat on the nursery floor or stood rocking in the cold is much easier.

Co-sleeping is creating dependency when the very LAST thing your tiny, reliant baby should be is dependent.

Co-sleeping will raise a child who is unable to do anything but lie with his mother. Even at the park. This might possibly be awkward.

If co-sleeping feels right for you – do it. If it doesn’t – don’t do it. Unless your baby makes you.

Please
or

fluffikins · 04/02/2016 14:46

I love that!

ah ok Halla at 8 weeks it might just be a growth spurt, but if it persists then I'd consider allergies my DD cows milk allergy kicked in after a few weeks and resulted in constant screaming.

Please
or

Halla17 · 04/02/2016 14:49

Fluff- I already went a couple weeks without soy n dairy, no changes. I just think it's odd during the day he wakes up n slowly shows signs of hunger at night it is straight to I'm dying feed me..

Please
or

EssiesInvisibleLlama · 04/02/2016 20:19

Thanks for the blog link. Just what I needed! Grin

Please
or

HollyC255552 · 04/02/2016 22:55

Shit night here already...restless DD, 2 40 minute naps today, woke up numerous times this evening already so now bought her in with us. Cant remember what its like to have my bed for the whole night. Sad

On a serious note how do you settle a restless baby back to sleep in their cot? Cos i cant! All DD does is tosses head side to side, lifts & slams her legs down, rubs her eyes then the dummy flings out.

Is she ever going to be able to self settle?

Also, planning on going back to work part time in April, this sleepless malarky cant go on it really really cant.

Hope everyone else's night is going well.

Please
or

zombiemeow · 05/02/2016 01:07

Holly I think it's a myth that babies can be settled in the cotHmm

We had a good start to the night, he's now been up for an hour and WILL NOT SETTLE. Ergh.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Halla17 · 05/02/2016 03:02

I have a bad feeling about tonight. He's been sleeping all day, and I have to go back to work tomorrow... Confused

Please
or

zombiemeow · 05/02/2016 03:10

I had a good feeling about tonight, how wrong I was! Still up.

OP's posts:
Please
or

fluffikins · 05/02/2016 09:34

How do you know if the baby had 'done' the separation anxiety thing? My dd seems to have object permanence and went through a stage a few weeks ago of moaning when we left the room but she's only 7 and a half months so thinking we've still got it to come?

I'm just worried we're about to slam into the 9 month sleep regression Confused

Please
or

Halla17 · 05/02/2016 11:05

I think babies develop at there own speed. If dd seems to be showing signs already then that's great. There are things you can do to figure out, little game type things.

Please
or

Halla17 · 06/02/2016 09:28

Well what I thought to be a promising night turned into a blow out, followed by a bath n feeding.. now hopefully sleep will follow.. (fingers crossed)

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.