sleepless of mumsnet - I'm too tired to think of a good title

zombiemeow · 29/01/2016 21:03

New thread Smile

OP's posts:
Please
or
to access all these features

HollyC255552 · 01/02/2016 08:44

purple could well be teething or a leap. She does seem to be dribbling bucket loads & pulling at her ears but no other signs. She is still currently toothless so waiting for one to pop through. LOL your post, wouldn't hot passionate sex be nice. I dont even know what sex is anymore.

Welcome Llama seen you on the high needs thread but never posted always just been a lurker. DD fits the criteria for sure.

Ladies hope you all have a good day.YAWN

Please
or

Purpleboa · 01/02/2016 09:28

Ha Essie you know it's bad when you're on two consecutive sleep threads! Pull up a chair and grab a cup of hot chocolate...allergic to caffeine? That's bad Flowers have some Cake

Sex? What's that? I'd be up for it as long as Tom Hardy would be Ok with me falling asleep during. Turns out going to bed when baby does and sleeping in separate rooms does nothing for one's sex life! Who knew!

Please
or

Purpleboa · 01/02/2016 09:30

Holly think DD is teething but no frigging tooth yet! I had a dream they all came through at once, which was brilliant if not slightly freaky...

Please
or

zombiemeow · 01/02/2016 10:52

Essie allergic to caffeine??? ShockShockShock you poor thing! You deserve a bloody medal.

My plan for the day is to get ds to have one longer nap haha yea right and later bed time. Wish me luck!

OP's posts:
Please
or

EssiesInvisibleLlama · 01/02/2016 16:28

Thanks everyone. Yeah, it is bad, but it does appear to be normal too which is reassuring! Just been to nurse for his 16 week jabs, even though he's 22 weeks now, he kept getting colds so I kept putting it off. He's got a cold now and is teething and doesn't sleep so I thought sod it, might as well get the jabs out the way as well. Nurse said it was fine to give them with a minor cold.

purple, I go to bed when baby does in a separate room to DH too. Have done since about 2 weeks old. MIL is horrified and thinks it'll be the end of us. Seems a bit of a joke when we've got a 4 bedroom house to all be squished in one room in the current situation though. As for sex, ahahaha! No way. Not for quite some time I don't think. I can't think of many things I'd rather do less right now.

zombie yeah, allergic to caffeine. Specifically in coffee and meds like pro plus or cold and flu pills etc. Tea and chocolate seem to be ok in moderate quantities.

DS is becoming such a chamption napper, why the hell won't he sleep at night?!

Please
or

tiredybear · 01/02/2016 20:56

5 wake ups last night....does anyone else dread going to bed?!

Also, really annoyed. DS used to be able to get himself to sleep at bedtime....had literally got to the stage I could feed, cuddle, put in awake and walk out. He's be asleep within 10mins after playing happily. But now that I have to pat/jiggle him back to sleep for the multiple night wakings (as I've almost completely nightweaned)....he needs to be patted and jiggled at bedtime too. If I leave him, he'll just get more and more awake and end up standing up and bouncing. Feel like I'm taking steps backwards!!!
sorry - just needed to rant....

Maybe tonight will be THE NIGHT. :-)

Please
or

zombiemeow · 01/02/2016 23:54

I dread going to bed tierdy Sad hope tonight is the night for you!

I feel awful, ds has been up for the last 45 mins. At one point I just kind of huffed 'just go to fucking sleep' Sad

OP's posts:
Please
or

rrra · 02/02/2016 02:57

I think it might be time for me to join now. Things are getting worse not better. DS is 22 weeks and sleep broke at 12 weeks. He was doing maybe a four hour stretch then. These days I'm lucky if he does two. Most nights I'm woken every hour.. By a baby who arches away from being held but kicks off like I'm trying to kill him if I put him down. He is mainly BF but with occasional bottle of formula at 7pm, which makes no difference to sleep.

I have an older child and she broke but never this badly. I dread nights and really can't see how I can cope with this for much longer. I'm run down and exhausted. I've started to fantisise about something happening to me/hurting myself so I have to be in the hospital away from the children. How shit is that?

Please
or

zombiemeow · 02/02/2016 03:14

Rra welcome to the group. Sending you lots of hugs. I really can't imagine having two it seems impossible right now.

I'm feel broken. Ds has been up for ages and I know it will be ' wake up' time in two hours. He won't settle at all. Have tried holding him but he just wriggles away and have tried putting him in bed but he just throws himself around.

OP's posts:
Please
or

EssiesInvisibleLlama · 02/02/2016 03:26

I'm awake too. Got the slumber buddy going full blast. He's staring at it in a glazed sort of fashion so hoping he will nod off. Poor thing woke up boiling so I think the jabs gave him fever. Gave calpol and tried to resist having a swig myself. It smells so good. I think I've fed him every hour from 8pm til now.

rrra mine broke about 16 weeks and is now 22 weeks and seems to be permanently broken. I used to get a 3-4 hour stretch at the start of the night but it's hourly all night now. Sad

Please
or

PebbleTTC · 02/02/2016 04:19

I'm crying every night it's just so fucking hard. Why won't be sleep

Please
or

zombiemeow · 02/02/2016 04:36

Me too pebble Sad

OP's posts:
Please
or

Sometimesithinkimbonkers · 02/02/2016 04:38

I've had enough! Generally lurking here! My DS is 6 and disabled. He never sleeps. We Medicate him to sleep with melatonin and Chloral Hydrate and he wakes between 2-3am. This is his morning and he doesn't go back to sleep until we medicate him!
I've got DH with MS and full time job so he can't do the night time bit. I wake him at 6 and go to bed until 7 when morning routine being with DS 8 and DD 4 too.
I've been ill since week after new year and I can't shift it. It's now turned into a chest infection.
I'm just so exhausted constantly!
This has been going on for 6 years now !!!! I'm now watching bloody ogle iggle at 4 am again!

Please
or

PebbleTTC · 02/02/2016 04:51

sometimes sorry for what you're going through it sounds very tough. I feel bad complaining about my fella when you have all that to go through Flowers

Please
or

zombiemeow · 02/02/2016 04:53

Wow sometimes, you must be exhausted BrewCake will your ds nap at all due to being up so early?

Have just gave ds some nurofen, a drink and a big bowl of porridge in the hope it will make him sleep.... It hasn't.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Pyjamaramadrama · 02/02/2016 13:51

Can I join? We've had a bit of a bad week here.

He's been waking over and over again for his dummy then eventually just not going back to sleep.

We've coslept a few times but last night that just didn't work, he wouldn't settle in our bed. Ended up giving him a drink and putting him in his cot, he just kept crying and crying, I kept lying him back down to try to resettle him. In the end he was so upset I had to get him up. Leaving him to cry was a big mistake, he was sobbing and kind of gasping so I just cuddled him really tight in bed, he did then settle for 30 minutes before waking for the day.

I feel awful now but I just get so tired of him waking every hour. He then gets up for the day still tired and moans the entire morning while I'm trying to get out of the house for the school run. We'd had some better sleep but it's all gone downhill again.

Please
or

thinkfast · 02/02/2016 18:38

Welcome newcomers. Sorry you're joining our yawning gang. Fingers crossed for tonight for everyone. Thinking of taking dd to dr tomorrow. She's had this cold for 3 weeks now. They'll probably just send us home but 3 weeks seems long to me

Please
or

thinkfast · 03/02/2016 07:52

Dds cold seems much better but she was up more or less every hour last night. When will she grow out of this???

Please
or

tiredybear · 03/02/2016 10:46

Thinkfast- argh, soon I hope!

My DS was up screaming from 2am again.
Nothing obvious wrong with him.
Put him in bed with me for a bit, but he got fed up with that too after a while. Really don't know what to do.......

Please
or

EssiesInvisibleLlama · 03/02/2016 17:26

We had a vaguely ok night, I fed him almost all night but he slept in between albeit attached to me so from 9pm-6am I was in bed without having to get out to rock him or walk about or change him. This may just be a small oasis in the desert of crap sleep I find myself in but it was just what I needed! After the last 2 weeks of horrendous nights it was very welcome.

So sorry to hear so many of you had dire nights. Hope tonight is better.

Please
or

zombiemeow · 03/02/2016 18:23

Shit night here too last night. Crap naps today too.

Ds hardly touched his dinner, probably because when I was making it he had grabbed a full raw onion and ate most of it before I noticed what he was doing Blush so doubt very much that will help his sleep.

Bleh

OP's posts:
Please
or

Halla17 · 03/02/2016 18:32

Joining the conversation instead of lurking. My little guy I just dosent sleep enough period. He's only 8wk old but is up most the day (has to be on me), nights are a hit or miss. Last night was rough up at least every hr to 2hrs wanting to nurse every time. That being said I've had basically no sleep. He sleeps on me, co-sleeps, or swing at night.. any advice? Confused

Please
or

Sometimesithinkimbonkers · 03/02/2016 19:31

Zombie he only sleeps in the day when he is ill! He had a general anaesthetic the other day ... The other 2 kids sleeps for a couple of hours. He was sleepy for about 20 coming back from the recovery room!!!

The baby stages of not sleeping I generally accepted because I knew it would end .... Arghhhhhhb but it hasn't !!!!
Full tummy and the t-shirt you slept in the night before helped for my other two.... Or I used to sleep with a muzzie down my boobs!

Please
or

Halla17 · 03/02/2016 19:42

I will try anything at this point.

Please
or

Purpleboa · 03/02/2016 20:21

Welcome Halla. Hopefully you'll be able to graduate this thread soon! The only thing that got us through those first weeks was splitting the night duties as much as we could (given that I ebf DD and DH went back to work after a month). At that stage, you just do what you have to in order to survive. I really hope it gets better for you.

Well, we have our first tooth!! Didn't really notice her sleep getting better or worse, but when it's this bad it's hard to tell. Glad that's through anyway!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.