sleepless of mumsnet - I'm too tired to think of a good title

zombiemeow · 29/01/2016 21:03

New thread Smile

OP's posts:
Please
or
to access all these features

Cathster · 15/03/2016 08:56

Likewise fluff, writing this with DD sleeping on me right now! I go back to work in a few months though and she will be at nursery so do need to attempt the cot at some point.

Holly my DD occasionally manages decent naps on me but in the pram or car seat they are always short. No idea why, I think she's just nosy and wants to know what's going on around her!

Please
or

fluffikins · 15/03/2016 13:39

Dd goes into nursery part time in a fe weeks.
I figured I'd see how she went as I'm told she might just magically go to sleep. If not then I'll start on the cot naps. They have said that her key worker can rock her on a rocking chair and then transfer her so hoping that works

Please
or

Purpleboa · 15/03/2016 16:59

DD? Doing naps in her cot?? laughs hysterically There's more chance of Donald Trump saying nice things about asylum seekers than that happening.

I tried it this week, again. It ended in tears. For both of us. And messed up her daytime nap routine. So I say sod it. She won't be the first kid at nursery not to nap in her cot, and certainly not the last. Am hoping the routine and activity will knacker her out there, and if not? Well, I'm paying them good money to look after my child so they can damn well earn it Grin I'll be in my office, sipping hot coffee and having prper adult conversation!

Right now, she's fast asleep on me and it's lovely. Got my kindle, my phone and a cheese scone. I will miss these times. If she was in her cot, I'd have to go for a run or clean the house or, god forbid, talk to my DH Wink

Please
or

fluffikins · 16/03/2016 19:16

I have the flu Sad not looking forward to tonight, my entire body aches and I'm a bit worried about co-sleeping feeling so rough which will make it even harder Confused

Please
or

Cathster · 16/03/2016 20:02

Oh no fluff!! Hope you feel better soon and your DD takes pity on you and gives you some decent sleep.

DD went down to sleep in her cot tonight awake - stuck the dummy in and ten minutes later she was asleep! Madness! That's only ever happened once before in her little life. Granted she did wake up about half an hour later and need a cuddle and rocking back to sleep but still... I take that as progress. Grin

Please
or

Purpleboa · 16/03/2016 22:23

Oh no Fluff, that's horrible. I always stress about what will happen when I get ill. With how tired I am, I'm just amazed it hasn't happened yet. Hope you're coping and getting all the help you need.

Looks like a challenging night here. On our third wake up so far Sad I am SO exhausted and struggling to cope. I'd give anything for a night off all this!

Please
or

fluffikins · 17/03/2016 06:39

Well I feel awful, I have a fever and generally just ache but she only woke at 11 and 3 and this is the first time ever she's woken up in her cot at 6:15 (she's usually in with me far earlier!) although she was wiped out yesterday and possibly ill too so no doubt it was a fluke! She did stir at 4 and 5 cried out once or twice but settled herself down again without ramping up enough for me to run in. I have her humidifier on and I wonder if that helped??

Please
or

Cathster · 17/03/2016 07:04

Hope your night wasn't too bad after the initial wake ups Purple. Sad

Poor you fluff, I hope you get better soon. That's great that your DD did so well for you! We bought a humidifier a few weeks back, no idea if it helps or not but anything is worth trying!

we had a bit of a rough start, DD was on her third wake up by 8:30pm. Got to 9pm and every time I put her down in her cot she woke and cried, was refusing dummy. Then DH gave her calpol and she went to sleep and stayed asleep until 4am!! Missed her 11pm feed completely! Course she was wide awake after her feed then so took a while to settle her back but she then stayed down until 6:45.

I actually had to go in a few times and check she was still breathing.... Blush

Please
or

Purpleboa · 18/03/2016 16:10

Sounds like the babies are sleeping better! Please can someone pass the memo on to mine?? Still bad, but she has had two teeth come through in quick succession with a third on the way, so that'll be why.

Feeling down today. It's the hen weekend of a good friend. Not the first one to happen since I got preg, but the first one I'd planned to attend. But as it's a two night thing there's just no way I can attend. Same goes for my sis in law's hen do next weekend. DD still needs the boob to get to sleep, won't take the bottle and just won't sleep. So not practical.

Pretty gutted. I can't believe I've not had a night out since 2014!! Sure, I knew my social life would take a major hit when I had a baby, but I'd expected to be able to have at least the occasional night out by now, 9 months in. I love a night out so this has been really hard. Guess whingeing about it will get me nowhere, and I know I'm lucky to have my beautiful daughter.

I just miss the old me. And tequila. AngrySadEnvy

Please
or

fluffikins · 18/03/2016 16:29

I know what you mean purple, I've not been away from dd at all and it's so draining. I just remind myself that bf is the best start I can give her and we're in the home straight now, they will start eating more and sleeping more and be far less reliant on us. I've had to miss loads of stuff, particularly annoying as Dh is able to wander out of the door at any time!

3 teeth means 4 doesn't it? As they come in pairs. Hopefully things will settle down after that for you. We've all had flu here and dd bow has high temp so I suspect that the good night was down to illness rather than habit change unfortunately. She did eat a centimetre of omelette today though so there's hope on the eating front.

Please
or

Cathster · 18/03/2016 18:45

Hopefully your DD will start to do better once her third tooth is through purple. Sorry to hear you are feeling down. Is it the sort of thing you can attend for an hour or so (although guessing it is some distance away)? As fluff says you are in the home straight now and I'm sure soon she will not need the boob for a long enough time for you to have some time to yourself.

Hope your DD feels better soon fluff and you are feeling better today?

As it happens we had the worst night in a long time last night!! DD was up EVERY hour if not more. I did had a weep to myself and a little rage at 11 when DH rocked her back to sleep just when I'd gone and made a bottle in the hope that it would settle her for longer. It didn't! So I think that Wednesday night was a wonderful fluke that we will not get again for a very long time. Sad

Please
or

fluffikins · 18/03/2016 19:31

Oh rubbish about last night cathster. Although that could be the fluke and the better night might not be!

Dd's temp just went up to 40 Sad but I'm feeling a lot better, still not 100% though!

Please
or

SeaIce · 19/03/2016 07:29

Hi everyone

I'm so tired I feel like I'm dying Sad

My DS is nearly 7months. He wakes every hour, all night with occasional (rare) 2-hour stretches. From 2am onwards he often won't settle for an hour or 2. He's up every day at 5:30am. He used to sleep through until the 4month regression and it's been getting progressively worse Sad

How do you cope?

Please
or

Cathster · 19/03/2016 12:59

Hi sealce, oh poor you. Sounds similar to my DD. She was up every two hours last night and wide awake from 5:30. What's his napping like?

Can you get someone to take him for a little while during the day so you can catch up on some sleep? That's pretty much how we cope by
relying on help from our parents. My DH is really good too despite working full time he will do some of the night settling though I do all the feeds.

Plus I keep telling myself that this is temporary and at some point in her little life she will sleep through!

Please
or

InsaneDame · 19/03/2016 16:18

Hang on in there ladies - my ds2 who is now 23mo used to wake every 1 -2hrs but things have gradually improved and last night only woke once at 2am for a quick tuck in. I was back in bed within 3 minutes of him waking me. It will get better, it just might take longer for some than others......

Please
or

starfish12 · 20/03/2016 19:08

.... hello 9 month sleep regression. I've been expecting you Confused

purple - gutted for you re the hen do. I've had one night out in 2 years for my birthday recently. It was like a military operation involving both sets of grandparents!

Please
or

fluffikins · 22/03/2016 21:08

Still ill here, temp of 40, last few nights she's come in with me quite early. Hoping she starts to get over it soon so we can get back on track a little

Please
or

Cathster · 23/03/2016 18:50

Hope you and your DD are feeling better today fluff?

Oh no starfish I hope that this regression doesn't last long for you!

Same old here. DDs back to sleeping in her cot for 1-2 hour stints (I think we may have got a 3 hour stint last night but it all becomes a blur after a while...)

Please
or

fluffikins · 24/03/2016 09:03

Getting there, her temp is still high though! And we think she seems to have a funny reaction to calpol and neurofen as she's always sick afterwards and it's caused her to have very odd nappies

We're about to go away for a week so we'll see if her sleep goes to pot

Please
or

starfish12 · 24/03/2016 18:53

Mega groan re 1 hr stints cathster.... it's like they tease you by letting you get into a deep sleep only to be immediately woken up again!

Fluff... it could be the sorbitol in the calpol... quite common I think. Your DD is cmpa isn't she? Think a lot of allergy babies react to sorbitol. You can get own brand infant paracetamol from most pharmacies... lloyds does it. Doesn't have sorbitol in it

Please
or

Cathster · 24/03/2016 20:40

MIL asked me today how DD slept last night (favourite topic of my whole family!) - I honestly couldn't answer as each night has genuinely become a blurred mess of up, dummy in, back to bed, up, cuddle for 20 minutes, back to bed, up, feed, cuddle for 20 minutes, rinse and repeat.... It could be hourly or less, or more. We've stopped checking the clock!

She's gone down to bed an hour later than normal tonight so I'm hoping that means we won't have her wide awake at 5am... One can only dream? She's also caught yet another cold so that'll do us well!

Hope that your week away doesn't make your DDs sleep worse fluff. A friend of mine's DD had funny reactions to calpol. As starfish said maybe try a different brand?

Please
or

LibertyBelles · 09/04/2016 13:00

DH just met someone else with a 10 week old who slept 7 hours last night! Gah why me, why did I get the non-sleeping, non-napping baby! Anyone else LO seriously unhappy when they're awake ATM the moment too - mine is crying all the time and hardly smiles Confused - I feel like I am seriously harming her and ruining her development

Please
or

Marsaday · 13/04/2016 20:55

Hi all,
Can i join in please? I could do with some solidarity and a safe place to let off steam.
I have a beautiful baby girl who is almost 12 weeks old but doesn't really sleep, and screams most of the day, and won't be put down. And I'm utterly exhausted to the point that i just want to cry and drink gallons of winea lot of the time.
I also have a 2yo who mostly sleeps through, but is getting a raw deal because I'm so tired i don't have the energy for playing with him, and i can't put the baby down to give him one to one attention either. My pre-birth plan was to focus on him when baby napped, but baby only naps on me Sad
I currently take baby upstairs at 8pm and spend several hours sitting in a dark room trying to convince her to sleep. She usually gives in and feeds to sleep at about 10.30pm. She then sleeps her best stretch of the night, currently 3 hours, then the rest of the night is mostly a write -off, so my day often begins at 2am and it's killing me. After that feed and nappy change she won't settle properly in her sleepyhead, but she also won't settle next to me, or on my chest. The only way she'll sleep after this is swaddled in my arms, and even then she wriggles around grunting almost constantly and semi wakes so i have to shhh and pat her back to sleep. This means that i can't sleep after this. On a weekend OH takes her after first night feed so i can sleep but she only does short stretches before wanting more boob so even then i don't get to really catch up.
It's all down to a combination of silent reflux and horrendous wind making her really uncomfortable.
So anyway, thats us. I will trying and read some back posts during the many waking hours tonight.

Please
or

Marsaday · 14/04/2016 04:37

Fluffikins if you happen to be going away go continental Europe visit a pharmacy and get some paracetamol suppositories. We used them with ds as calpol used to make him gag and puke and could never get a full dose down him.
You can also order online from french pharmacies with uk delivery

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.