Buyers sellers roll call 11
kerrymucklowe2020 · 26/09/2020 09:56
Here's the new ( last one for us eh @zebrahooves?)
Zebrahooves · 26/09/2020 10:15
Thanks @kerrymucklowe2020 and for setting up this thread.
We actually had some good news on Friday. One solicitor has been taken off our case and we have a new one now, and surprise surprise some of the documents we had been waiting for had (according to our sellers) been sent.
So hopefully we will see some real progress next week, week 14.
UnconsideredTrifles · 26/09/2020 10:32
Can I join? Buying solicitors are taking an eternity on the searches, and haven't even given us a quote for doing the selling (we've got a weirdly disjointed move going on).
On the plus side, we managed to get all our viewings done on our house and an offer accepted during the week before going back into lockdown, so that was a relief....
DareDevil223 · 26/09/2020 10:39
Morning everyone - hoping that this will be my last thread . Just going to read the homebuyers report in detail and email our solicitor with a few questions for the vendor's solicitors to answer very very slowly indeed.
The vendors were the ones pushing for things to happen quickly as they're moving into a new build but it's their solicitor who is holding things up. Go figure.
ChristmasTree999 · 26/09/2020 11:30
Hi, just checking in to the new thread. The document my solicitor was waiting for finally turned up yesterday - we just have to witness sign it and return it this weekend then I am really hoping we can exchange. Been waiting 2 weeks to exchange already, so 3rd time lucky?!?
BigHuff · 26/09/2020 12:06
Our vendor is so unhelpful . Buyers report threw up loads of stuff - we asked the vendor to fix it and got a no. Fine, we'll do it ourselves when we move in. Searches reveal that proper permissions haven't been sought for a couple of things. Vendor denies any knowledge and won't do anything to remedy. Fine, we'll pay for the indemnity insurances ourselves.
Before we offered on the house we were very explicit about the fact that we wanted a quick exchange and to be in ASAP. Vendor said no problem, she had effectively moved out already. Now we're three months down the line and she needs more time.
Idk, I feel like we've been really obliging - not quibbled about anything, agreed to bear costs we probably shouldn't have to bear. And she has just been deliberately obstructive the whole time.
I'll be so glad when this is finally over and we're spending all our money on making the house safe and sleeping on the floor of our new shell
BigHuff · 26/09/2020 12:09
Also, big congrats to all those who have made progress.
@ElvisandAngel so sorry about your situation. Really puts things into perspective. I know buying a house is a huge deal, and sometimes circumstances change - but I don't understand how people can be so inconsiderate. :(
Notyetthere · 26/09/2020 13:28
I have tried not discuss this next stage in our sale as it could be very outing but WTF! I dont think our buyers have been advised properly about anything and they are now starting to piss me off.
We haven't exchanged yet. They want 8th October for completion. Exchange might happen early next week if if they sort their final 'things out'. However, we were contacted by our internet and phone provider last week about cutting us off and connecting new owners. Now energy provider has sent email telling us ours ends 10th Oct. Does that mean if we exchange on 8th we pay two days worth of energy during their occupation of the house? Anyway, none of this matters; we haven't effing exchanged yet anyway so why oh why!
Notyetthere · 26/09/2020 13:30
Let me catch up on the previous thread and then I will get back to this one. Just needed to dump my frustration somewhere.
checkedcloth · 26/09/2020 13:34
Two second viewings yesterday - no feedback as yet. Two further viewings today, one went well apparently.
Waiting to here more on Monday - which currently feels like a lifetime away.
Lemonylemony · 26/09/2020 14:16
Checking in to new thread - old thread was only just three quarters full though?!? Thread limit is 1000 posts no?
Wanted to speak to my lender today to get reassurance about my solicitor returning my mortgage funds to them without speaking to me first, and for some confidence that we will get them back for new completion date of 5th October, but they’re only open 9-12 on Saturdays and I was working. I have instructed my solicitor try all they can to exchange on Monday (28th) with completion on 5th. Everything crossed.
So tired of all the drama now, I just want some certainty.
Maybenexttime08 · 26/09/2020 14:18
Checking in - first thread where I'm just a buyer and not a seller (completed on sale yesterday). Should be done by end Oct as buying a new build but am in week 5 of waiting for our mortgage so getting a bit nervous!
Baxdream · 26/09/2020 14:26
I'm confused why we've started a new thread?!
InescapableDeath · 26/09/2020 15:39
Posting so I can find this again but fed up as we still haven't been able to find anywhere to buy except for a house that is merely 20k out of reach, but that 20k may as well be as far away as the sun!
InescapableDeath · 26/09/2020 15:40
The thing is, we could possibly get a mortgage for that additional 20k, but I'm really worried about what happens if one of us loses a job or interest rates rocket in the future.
Also I think it's a bit naive to assume you will be approved for the highest your AIP can go - or is that silly?
Notyetthere · 26/09/2020 17:24
@Lemonylemony Yes you are correct we still had 200 posts to go on the last one but we are here now. The trouble is that people will still post on the old one as they will just think at 700s it isn't full yet.
Despite my stressed self throughout the week, I'm in a better mood today. I'm what will be will be. We are resigned to the fact we shall be homeless for a week or two but we shall try to make it work as cheaply as we can as we really would rather spend all our spare funds on our purchase which is very much a project money pit
Pepperama · 26/09/2020 17:38
May I join? After a stressful few months we have now accepted an offer on our house and all parties in the chain are sorted. And yesterday we had an offer accepted on a house for us to move into, so now we are ready to start the mortgage/solicitor/chain bingo fun.
Are people finding that Corona makes things extra slow or is it all pretty normal?
caffeinebuzz · 26/09/2020 19:06
Marking my place on this new thread.
We've had some positive news this weekend, last of the queries are in so we just have the final search left. And getting into the house this week to measure up so we're ready order things the second we exchange
Our sale should be all ready to go, but can't help but be super nervous of somebody throwing a spanner in the works last minute like so many of you have experienced!
lachy · 26/09/2020 19:39
Can I join please? We're at the 4 week mark, and so far it seems to be going ok (touching everything made of wood in the vicinity)
Our chain is short; FTB buying ours, vendors are moving to an empty property, and everyone wants to be in before Christmas.
Only fly in the ointment appears to be our mortgage broker, he needs constant chivvying along. Mortgage is likely to be with HSBC who seem to be responding quickly, and once we have that, then we'll get the homebuyers survey done.
All in all, its not at stressful as I'd expected, but fully expecting it to ramp up soon.
DaBaDe · 26/09/2020 20:25
4 weeks in from our offer being accepted and 7 weeks since we sold ours. As soon as searches return we can set an exchange date. Hoping to be in the new place by end of Oct but famous last words!!
Anawi · 26/09/2020 20:29
Hello everyone, can I join too? Speedy house buying/selling vibes to you all!
@lachy your situation sounds similar to ours, we have sold to a FTB, the people we are buying from are also moving to an empty property. We sold ours 6wks ago and the conveyencing/mortgage application seems to be well underway which felt scary for a while bit fortunately we had an offer accepted a week or so ago so it's starting to feel like it's going to happen! Also hoping to be in for christmas, our vendors are buying without a mortgage apparently sobif anyone slows things down it will likely be us! 🙈 but we've done what we can, solicitors on the case, mortgage application in now it's time to just wait I guess!
Thatbliddywoman · 26/09/2020 20:33
Can I join please?
I put an offer in on a house in March 2020. All seemed fine then it was deemed unmortgagable.
Put offer in on another in June. Accepted STILL not in it. Structural survey was deemed necessary or this one was ALSO unmortgagable. Results-nowt wrong with it
So, the vendors solicitor has two speeds. Slow, and stop. Estate agent swears blind she isn't getting my emails but funnily enough when I 'phone her and say right, I'll resend, she always gets that one!
My solicitor is pretty good (expensive!) And even they have cocked things up a couple of times, sent me an ad hoc letter with false information in it making me panic for example. I've now got an update on their app saying they're waiting to exchange contracts but when I emailed them asking if this means they have everything now, they said no. I'm banging my head against a brick wall.
Anawi · 26/09/2020 20:33
Ooo, getting to the exciting ( and terrifying) bit! Fingers crossed for the end of October! 🤞
None of it quite feels real to me yet, the kids keep getting excited about the new house but I can't quite let myself think it will happen yet.
Anawi · 26/09/2020 20:37
Oh no Thatbliddywoman how frustrating! I hope it works out for you soon.
littlecontis · 26/09/2020 21:35
Hopefully last thread for me...waiting impatiently to complete on Monday and sending good vibes to everyone.
Got a notification this morning to say direct debit for mortgage payment has been set up I don't think I've ever been happy about someone taking money from my account.
Anyoneoutthere123 · 26/09/2020 22:49
Joining to follow. Due to complete on Friday😀. Our redemption statement for our current mortgage has been done, our normal mortgage payment will be due on the 1st so the day before we complete. Does anyone know what happens with this with regards to the calculation for redemption, as it doesn't seem to take this into account. Do anyone have any idea?
To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.