My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Politics

with the terrible history Jews have, why is Israel behaving like this?

999 replies

ssd · 20/07/2014 23:22

I would have thought they would be showing more compassion for a repressed minority but the opposite is happening

and Netanyahu saying they told the Palestinians to leave because they were going to be fired on...where the bloody hell would they go to?? IF THEY COULD GO AT ALL

OP posts:
wannabestressfree · 01/08/2014 16:28

Something being kosher is a normal saying for me as it is my brothers and sisters. Our family in fact. It's not an offensive phrase......

wannabestressfree · 01/08/2014 16:30

And pigletjohn for one who posts so frequently and is a fan of sharing anti Israeli rhetoric I am a little perplexed why you wouldn't jump to share that information?

I am sure you have your reasons

Laptopwieldingharpy · 01/08/2014 17:19

No academic credentials, bush varying the sources of misinformation for a balanced view. Trying not to be blindly kosher and oblivious to what is not.

Laptopwieldingharpy · 01/08/2014 17:22

See the problem is some people want us to believe some info is kosher and the rest is anti Israel propaganda.

Laptopwieldingharpy · 01/08/2014 17:23

Or is t the other way around?

Laptopwieldingharpy · 01/08/2014 17:25

What s "normal" for you is not for others. Kosher does not equate valid.

wannabestressfree · 01/08/2014 17:36

I agree with that. I was just explaining what I think as you have.

littlecloud · 01/08/2014 18:27

Wannabe I'm really curious to see if you watched the hour long clip I posted? And what your thoughts on it was?

littlecloud · 01/08/2014 18:27

*are/were not was

littlecloud · 01/08/2014 18:52

I sometimes think I can't believe that people were that racist and barbaric during the times of the slave trade and then just ignorant ad degrading during the day sod having black help.

Yet it's 2014 and there are still people like a wannabe who a blind, I say it again blind to what is wrong and what is right. Either that or brainwashed.

Hammas are fighting for their rights they are a minority representing a group of people who are treated like second class citizens and live in terror. Fight or flight they are fighting for their freedom the same as the slaves who spoke out and return were lashed or worse hung. Someone has to speak out and they are under so much repression from the bully that is Israel that the only way they can be heard is to fire rockets. If they hadn't started with the rockets how many of us on this thread would have bothered to find out the truth about Israel and it's oppressive regime on the people of Gaza and palestinians residing in Israel?

It sickens me, my hate towards Israel is growing. In way that it saddens me that people like that can exist. The Un needs to cut ties, fuck the oil. And America is as despicable it's greed can't see past what is right and wrong.

wannabestressfree · 01/08/2014 18:59

You see I don't see Hamas as a poor minority fighting for their rights against big bad Israel. I see them as repugnant thugs who could give a jot about 'their' people and want Israel wiped off the planet.

I see the nail bombs, the tunnels and the vile behaviour of cowards. Please have some romantic vison of freedom fighters. Where are the Hamas leadership now? Not with their people! Fighting the cause.

If you honestly thought the actions of you as a government where killing your people in their thousands would you persevere? Or would you build defenses and do more.

My hate is reserved for the innocent people. Not terrorist like Hamas

wannabestressfree · 01/08/2014 19:05

' The only way to be heard is fire rockets'

That would make me laugh if I didn't think
It was so sad. Did you feel so romantically about other terrorists?

littlecloud · 01/08/2014 19:06

You what now? Your hate is reserved for innocent people? Ok contradicting yourself much!

littlecloud · 01/08/2014 19:07

Well people are listening aren't they the whole world is turning on Israel in disgust!

littlecloud · 01/08/2014 19:10

Before the rockets were fired and the Israelis started bombing densely populated areas full of children how many people that you stopped on the street would have even heard of the Gaza strip and the Palestinians?

The rockets don't do anything wannabe Israel intercept them! Hence the death toll! They are a cry for help! Hamas know they will be intercepted.

littlecloud · 01/08/2014 19:13

You haven't answered about the video? You really should watch it. It features an Israeli Jew who was born and bread in Israel and comes from a family who have served in in high ranks in the Israeli Army. He himself also was a general in the army.

So what are your thoughts? seriously?

littlecloud · 01/08/2014 19:46

''Did you feel so romantically about other terrorists?''

I'm from a minority although have mixed (white/black) heritage ultimately I have dark skin. I'm an atheist so hold no religion. And I am not Arabic. So have no ties to Hamas or palestinians other than basic human compassion.

had I been born 200 years earlier and had protested against being a slave by throwing stones or uprising at ''white'' people that were holding me against my will and treating me like an animal, second class citizen and controlling my movements and my food intake. I would have probably been referred to as a terrorist. And destroyed- like those Israeli soldiers you're so fond of that litter heavily populated areas with bombs. Did you know the average age of Gaza is 17? Who exactly are they trying to wipe out?

But had these people not protested and protested and kept on protesting to get their right heard (and how many years did that take?) then today I would not be fortunate to have the equal rights that I have now. But Sure call them terrorist for trying to make themselves heard. For seeking help, from escaping slavery.

The blacks In America also build underground railroads to escape the South, but that was obviously to attack the rest of America with their.... blackness.... right?

The Hamas are stuck between a rock and a hard place (rather the see and Israel) it's either fight or be repressed and possibly eventually wiped out. So what's better keep quiet and be treated like second class citizens. Or make yourself heard, fight, have a presence and more importantly have a voice!

If you were being domestically abused and the only way to be heard, get help was to smash a window? Hell throw yourself out that window. Would you do it? Or would you stay because you know what it's not, that bad, it's not all the time? Until the next time that is....

Desperate people do desperate things.

A war is against soldiers Gaza have no army! Murder is killing unarmed civilians day in, day out. And Children, babies, innocent babies, it's sick! And you are brainwashed or ignorant if you can't see this. Who are Israel protecting exactly by killing unarmed children? Oh right no-one. They are obliterating a nation of people, some might call it ethnic cleansing....

I hope your watching the video. Because as someone so convinced in the Israeli Army and their ''protection'' strategies your opinion on it would be most welcomed.

wannabestressfree · 01/08/2014 19:59

That was obviously a typo I am on my phone I meant my hate is reserved for real terrorists like Hamas.

I will watch your post though later in the quiet. And take on board your points.

Of course I am disgusted with the loss of life - whoever it is and whatever side. I just think Hamas are disregarding the life of Palestinian people for it's own ends.

ssd · 01/08/2014 22:06

wannabe, do you think Israel has any responsibility in all this?

OP posts:
wannabestressfree · 01/08/2014 22:29

Responsibility for the loss of life? Yes as that is fact.
Does Hamas share the responsibility? Yes in my opinion

littlecloud · 01/08/2014 22:53

Hamas made Israel do it, ah I see they instructed the israeli army to mow down 8 children playing on a beach.... Hamas MADE them use disproportionate force, attacking un armed terrorists in the guise of innocent children!

wannabe, say your kid kicks you and it hurts a little and you to show the who's boss grab a baseball bat and beat them relentlessly.

Now where does the blame lie? It's on you because you used disproportionate force but according to you the child shares the responsibility surely? Because had they not kicked you, you would have not been forced to get the baseball bat out... that's right isn't it?

ssd · 01/08/2014 23:12

but would you say Hamas shares equal responsibility when there are a very unequal amount of deaths on each side?

surely you can see how very unequal all this is?

OP posts:
littlecloud · 01/08/2014 23:31

I just don't understand how people can just sit there and be so blinkered. This is wrong, so, so, very wrong... children are dying, innocent, people like me and you going about their business, trying to get their children an education feed their babies. They are not soldiers, this is not a war! This is systematic killing of innocent people who's only crime is to I've in an overpopulated area through no fault of their own, with no other place to go.

If the Israeli Army were a person the would be a psychopath.

littlecloud · 01/08/2014 23:32

*live

Laptopwieldingharpy · 02/08/2014 19:49

So, we were debating this rethorical question today: if a couple of lunatics from Hamas hold children hostages in a jewish school. Would they bomb it?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.