Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

MNHQ have commented on this thread

To think that unvaccinated people whining about rights and freedoms when they can’t go to a concert

Itsnotover · 19/09/2021 20:30

Are entitled? I am so sick of hearing the vaccine hesitant / covid deniers say that it makes no difference if you’re vaccinated, so they should be allowed to go around doing exactly what they want even though they don’t care about the effects on other people or don’t believe the virus exists.

The government has not said that they will restrict medical treatments or impose financial penalties on people who don’t get vaccinated. I wouldn’t agree with that. That would be taking away rights.

But I personally don’t think that it’s a god given right to attend clubs, theatres and to go on holiday if you refuse to comply with health measures at the height of a pandemic.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Geamhradh · 20/09/2021 07:44

@NeverTalksToStrangers

My dad died from covid in April.
He was due his 2nd vaccination a week after he was admitted to hospital for other reasons. After 2 weeks in hospital, someone else on the ward tested positive. He died 8 days later. So I hadn't seen him for 3 weeks before he passed. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. He wasn't a well man and preparations were being made to send him home with a hospital bed before he tested positive. But that never happened.

Genuinely, I cannot put into words how much antivaxxers make me cross. I have cut ties with some of my in-laws over this. I actually find it personally insulting. But everyone should. This pandemic has affected every single person on this planet in some way. Anyone who isn't doing what they can to try and bring this to an end (or close to it) is just so selfish. This "I'm alright jack" attitude is sickening.

Flowers so sorry for your loss.
Please
or

Confusedandshaken · 20/09/2021 07:44

@User45829057

Do all concerts and shows ask for vaccine passports, I am going to a couple and will cancel if that is the case, I have been vaccinated.

I've been to quite a few shows in the last month. ATG theatres have asked for proof of vaccination or antibodies. Other theatres haven't. You will need to check with the venue what their rules are.
Please
or

Machchchengo · 20/09/2021 07:46

Choosing not to be vaccinated is not decision that has no impact on others.

So am I to assume every single one of you on this thread has their flu vaccine booked? I mean not having your flu vaccine impacts on others and the NHS. Bunch of hypocrites full of hot air and not much else.

Please
or

Worldgonecrazy · 20/09/2021 07:47

@Dentistlakes

People have to have a choice, but they need to accept there will be consequences. Choosing not to be vaccinated is not decision that has no impact on others. They are more likely to become seriously ill and need hospital care which risks overwhelming the NHS and reducing access for others to essential care. People are angry with them because they appear to be ignorant of the consequences their choice is having on other people.

A bit like the healthy getting pissed off at fat people, or people who drink too much using up nhs resources.

People have a choice and need to accept the consequences…..
Please
or

SomewhereSouthOfHeaven · 20/09/2021 07:47

But they can go to concerts so why are they moaning. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m not vaccinated and have a few concerts booked for the next 6 months. I’ve just booked another for next year.

Please
or

UsedUpUsername · 20/09/2021 07:48

But I personally don’t think that it’s a god given right to attend clubs, theatres and to go on holiday if you refuse to comply with health measures at the height of a pandemic

It’s not the height of a pandemic. There’s a safe, effective vaccine if you want it, you can take your chances if you don’t.

Why make people go through health theatre just to have some fun? Stay home if you’re worried and let the rest of us get on with our lives.

We will never get back to normal at this rate — and it won’t be the fault of the unvaccinated either

Please
or

User45829057 · 20/09/2021 07:49

Thanks Confusedandshaken

Please
or

vivainsomnia · 20/09/2021 07:49

To live in society sometimes we have to do things we don't want to. Queue, pay taxes, play ball with social and health services. If people don't like it they can move elsewhere, carry on here without enjoying the full range of societal benefits or...y'know, have a vaccine which is statistically incredibly safe and saving lives
Exactly this! Amazing how people are quick to take from society what benefits them directly, but when it comes to what benefits others, some are incredibly keen to shout their rights not to be tied to it.

They want their cake and eat it. Spoilt, entitled people.

Please
or

Tresal · 20/09/2021 07:49

In central London vaccine rates are very low but covid rates have also been some of the lowest in the country for the past couple of months. I assume it is because a lot of people have had covid already. I can understand why you might not particularly want the vaccine once you have had covid, especially if you only had it mildly. Once you have had it and been fine, it is quite hard to stay afraid of it. A lot of unvaccinated people have been working throughout the pandemic and taking the risks others have been unwilling to take. It is too simplistic to say they are selfish. I have had the vaccine but i don’t mind that others haven’t.

Please
or

Itsnotover · 20/09/2021 07:49

@Machchchengo

Choosing not to be vaccinated is not decision that has no impact on others.

So am I to assume every single one of you on this thread has their flu vaccine booked? I mean not having your flu vaccine impacts on others and the NHS. Bunch of hypocrites full of hot air and not much else.

Not everyone is eligible for a flu vaccine. Comparing covid with flu is disingenuous.

And FYI whenever my children have been offered flu vaccines at school they had them.
OP's posts:
Please
or

Worldgonecrazy · 20/09/2021 07:50

@SomewhereSouthOfHeaven

But they can go to concerts so why are they moaning. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m not vaccinated and have a few concerts booked for the next 6 months. I’ve just booked another for next year.

I don’t think anyone actually is moaning. Just an excuse for divisiveness and to gain a response, which worked!
Please
or

Iggly · 20/09/2021 07:50

Less than 70% of adults have been double jabbed - and that’s not all down to hesitancy and anti-vax.

Some of it is that some people haven’t been able to have a second jab yet (like myself) - my first jab was later as I was under 40 at the time, my second jab was only due two weeks ago but they’ve closed the one centre in my town and I’ve not got my second until Wednesday.

So, I’m not happy at the talk of vaccine passports etc until everyone has actually had the chance to get double jabbed. I swear people forget that not everyone is over 40 and had their chance.

Please
or

OnlyFoolsnMothers · 20/09/2021 07:51

So all those who raise concerns about the opt out requirement of organ donation are anti organ donation? Anti vaxxers and anti mandated vaccination passports are different- is it too complex for many of you?

Please
or

Iggly · 20/09/2021 07:52

Also the vaccine doesn’t stop you spreading it and new variants may well mean the vaccine is useless especially as it is wearing off anyway!

Why isn’t the government trying to invest in the nhs, pay staff a decent wage and prepare it for the winter season as well?

Please
or

SomewhereSouthOfHeaven · 20/09/2021 07:52

I don’t think anyone actually is moaning. Just an excuse for divisiveness and to gain a response, which worked!

I think you’re right. Weird. I’d moan if I couldn’t go to concerts because I could just have a test. But I can go to concerts so the thread makes no sense unless as you say it’s meant to divide.

Please
or

OnlyFoolsnMothers · 20/09/2021 07:52

Also many in Israel were happy to be vaccinated- they are now considering their 4th booster jab for people- do you think they’ve tested the affects of 4 jabs in the space of a year on people?

Please
or

Cactus1982 · 20/09/2021 07:53

A work colleague of mine has recently had Covid and was really unwell. She’s been told that had she not been vaccinated she’d probably have ended up in hospital. She’s fairly young and really healthy (bit of a fitness fanatic) so really doesn’t fit the criteria of old/overweight/clinically vulnerable etc.

Anti vaxxeers are as thick as shit going by the posts I see from them on social media. Most of them can barely spell,

Please
or

theDudesmummy · 20/09/2021 07:54

@Gingerkittykat not true that in Ireland we have to show any firm of passport to go into a coffee shop. I would be fine with it though, if it was the case. We accept curtailment and rules on our activities all the time, wear setbelts, stick to one side of the road, don't browse the Internet while driving, get certain shots to travel to certain countries, pay tax, accept NHS/HSE standards and policies for our healthcare or pay privately...if these were not the case there would be anarchy and everyone would be worse off...

Please
or

Confusedandshaken · 20/09/2021 07:55

I only know one person who admits to being an anti-vaxxer. She is a yoga teacher and has always been a conspiracy theorist and into all things woo so it doesn't surprise me.

Before lockdown she supplemented her income by arranging 2 or 3 residential yoga retreats overseas every year as well as regularly teaching at massive yoga events in exotic locations. I'm watching with interest to see if not being able to travel to these events and the commensurate loss of the income and prestige they bring changes her mind about the vaccine. I hope it does because although she is as mad as a box of frogs she is a great yoga teacher and terrific company and I love her holidays.

Please
or

Itsnotover · 20/09/2021 07:56

Why make people go through health theatre just to have some fun? Stay home if you’re worried and let the rest of us get on with our lives.

Oh ok, it's the self serving who should be able to get on with their lives. I've heard it all now.

It's frustrating for NHS staff to keep seeing people admitted to hospital because they didn't have the vaccine. Im pretty sure they can't 'stay at home' then they get exposed to a higher viral load tooHmm

OP's posts:
Please
or

SomewhereSouthOfHeaven · 20/09/2021 07:57

Most of them can barely spell,

But do they know to use a full stop, not a comma, at the end of a sentence? 😉

Please
or

Cactus1982 · 20/09/2021 07:59

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Please
or

Itsnotover · 20/09/2021 07:59

Anti vaxxeers are as thick as shit going by the posts I see from them on social media. Most of them can barely spell,

Yesterday one of them told me to look at the government website because the 'lies are all there in plane site' (no I'm not joking)

OP's posts:
Please
or

Pixxie7 · 20/09/2021 07:59

Do you really think that any country leaders are going to tell us if there is any problems with vaccine, they want people vaccinated. They dismiss any advice they don’t agree with even from their own clinical advisers. Do you really trust the government to tell you the truth?

Please
or

Itsnotover · 20/09/2021 08:01

@Pixxie7

Do you really think that any country leaders are going to tell us if there is any problems with vaccine, they want people vaccinated. They dismiss any advice they don’t agree with even from their own clinical advisers. Do you really trust the government to tell you the truth?

I assume your kids haven't had the MMR then?
OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.