Qatar rejects Iran's denial of civilian targets as attacks continue
Qatar said no conflict mediation was under way as Iranian attacks continued, with almost all threats intercepted so far. Doha hailed Europe's defence support, calling for "important increase in our defence and security partnerships with Europe."
Qatar has rejected Iranian claims that its strikes do not target civilian locations, as missile and drone attacks on the country continue despite appearing less intense in recent days, Qatar's foreign ministry spokesman Dr Majed Al-Ansari said in a briefing on Monday.
“I find it very difficult to even respond to what Mr Aragchi said in light of the fact that these attacks are ongoing every day,” Al-Ansari told reporters, referring to the Iranian foreign minister's denial that Tehran would target civilian sites.
“Since the Iranian attacks have started on Qatar, the threats and the attacks on civilian targets have not stopped,” Al-Ansari said.
“These attacks have targeted our LNG facilities in Ras Laffan, they have targeted the industrial complex in Mesaieed, they have targeted the airport, Hamad International Airport, and they have targeted residential areas,” he added.
https://www.euronews.com/2026/03/16/qatar-rejects-irans-denial-of-civilian-targets-as-attacks-continue