Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Conflict in the Middle East

After this there will be silence

508 replies

notsoready4school · 11/11/2023 10:13

Are we really just going to just let this happen. I was upset about the protest ban in France but at least he has finally spoken up. When is the UK going to finally say something and stop letting this happen in our name.

This is the moment we have been warning the whole world the Gaza Deputy Health Minister Dr. Youssef Abu Alreesh, currently inside al-Shifa Hospital as it is takes heavy fire from Israeli forces.
Here are his translated comments:

• This is the moment we have been warning the whole world of, all generators are off, all power sources are out.
  • We have 39 newborns in the incubators, those babies are fighting against death.
  • No one is able to move around the compound, snipers are stationed all over the place in addition to the drones that target and kill any moving person.
  • A few minutes ago one of the engineering team was hit by a sniper, he was hit in the neck and was paralysed and he’s now about to die.
  • Part of the hospital was shelled and part of the building caught fire, we fear it will engulf the whole compound.
  • A few families tried to leave but they were targeted; now they are lying dead outside the hospital. We cannot get to them.
  • We are totally stranded, we are cut off from the outside world, and above all, we are left without any medical resources. We cannot even bury the dead.
  • Ferocious gunfire can be heard within the vicinity of the hospital, the intensive care unit received a mortar shell a few minutes ago.
  • Blood is everywhere, on the floor, we cannot even clean it.
  • In the past, the Israeli killing machine was killing and this was conveyed on TV screens. Now they are perpetrating the same killing but no one is listening, no one is watching, the whole world is standing by.
  • We are speaking with whatever is left of my phone battery, after that, we will be silent.
OP posts:
ChickHenLittle · 11/11/2023 19:57

BorgQueen · 11/11/2023 19:53

The IDF are currently fighting street to street in order to evacuate hospitals, they have already evacuated two, with the one mentioned on here hopefully being done tomorrow . This is from the BBC.
There is fake stuff out there on both sides but google Pallywood or Mr Fafo and there are dozens if not hundreds of ridiculous videos supposedly showing dead and injured Gazans, so obviously fake it’s laughable.

Yeah, with all the bombing and destruction of entire neighbourhoods, schools and hospitals, it's hilarious to think that many Gazans have died.
My goodness, do you NEED confirmed photos to show the disproportionate amount of civilians killed is real?

notsoready4school · 11/11/2023 19:58

ChickHenLittle · 11/11/2023 19:57

Yeah, with all the bombing and destruction of entire neighbourhoods, schools and hospitals, it's hilarious to think that many Gazans have died.
My goodness, do you NEED confirmed photos to show the disproportionate amount of civilians killed is real?

Seriously, what is wrong with these people.

OP posts:
Sussurations · 11/11/2023 19:58

Israel absolutely is fighting for its right to exist. The notion that if Israel sat on its hands and never retaliated it would be left alone is so naive it would be laughable if the reality of the whole
region wasn’t so terrifying.

feralunderclass · 11/11/2023 20:02

Israel absolutely is fighting for its right to exist. The notion that if Israel sat on its hands and never retaliated it would be left alone is so naive it would be laughable if the reality of the whole

Israel has never sat on its hands. If only! Those "hands" have systemically oppressed, injured and killed the Palestinians over the last 75 years. Why on earth are posters like you allowing yourself to ignore this?

OneHurtSpaggettio · 11/11/2023 20:02

Chaitales · 11/11/2023 19:44

It's heartbreaking. There are still so, so many genocide defenders even now, still citing from the "but hamas" Israeli play book to deflect against the slaughter that Israel this doing. Let's stop pretending this is about self defense and take from what they themselves are saying - hoisting flags on Gazan beaches taking back "their" land. This is all about gas and land grab and a bid to expand Israels territories and their "promised land".

Its hell.

Rishi has millions invested in surveillance companies and oil and gas so is benefiting hugely from the genocide. They will let this happen and we only have to wait and see how history will present this. In the meantime, Palestinians are paying the heavy price for Europe's sins.

Edited

Exactly this. It’s a horrifying cocktail of far-right extremists in Israel and power and money crazed Western politicians.

The left in Israel must be horrified.

Stomacharmeleon · 11/11/2023 20:06

@OneHurtSpaggettio I hope there is a pause to allow the hospital to be evacuated. I hope that one of the 22 Arab states in the world steps in...it only takes one.

OneHurtSpaggettio · 11/11/2023 20:06

Stomacharmeleon · 11/11/2023 19:49

@feralunderclass it didn't really say that did it? It said that Israel may not have done the investigation work eg rape kits on bodies before they were released to be buried. Many of the bodies were burnt beyond recognition.

Which is pretty horrific. And not surprising. There is eye witness from the supernova and also footage on camera

Times of Israel did a full piece on it which I read yesterday:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/amid-war-and-urgent-need-to-id-bodies-evidence-of-hamass-october-7-rapes-slips-away/amp/

Stomacharmeleon · 11/11/2023 20:07

@feralunderclass it's not a one way street. You know that....

notsoready4school · 11/11/2023 20:10

@OneHurtSpaggettio I hope there is a pause to allow the hospital to be evacuated. I hope that one of the 22 Arab states in the world steps in...it only takes one.

But Arab states have no power or army, in what form can they step in? They have already done all they really do which is talk.

OP posts:
immigrant002 · 11/11/2023 20:10

Israel has taken more and more land . They have build illegal settlements and kicked palestinians out of their homes they have never "sit on their hands".
Israels and the idf actions are the best recruitment for
Hamas

feralunderclass · 11/11/2023 20:11

Stomacharmeleon · 11/11/2023 20:07

@feralunderclass it's not a one way street. You know that....

What does this mean please?

Stomacharmeleon · 11/11/2023 20:13

@OneHurtSpaggettio that article is literally what I just said.... the rape kits etc probably weren't done after the desecration of bodies.

I can't even believe in the day and age of 'we believe you' we are doubting women when there is testimony from eye witnesses.

Did you get the
Gang rape
Necrophilia
Genital mutilation
Part of that article. There are witnesses.

They released the bodies to be buried....

OneHurtSpaggettio · 11/11/2023 20:15

The US Marines and UK RAF and Navy are there already, so that’s not going to happen as it would quite literally be WWIII.

Stomacharmeleon · 11/11/2023 20:17

@notsoready4school Saudi have the sixth biggest defence budget in the world. Not powerful?

You don't need an army, just to step in or facilitate.

OneHurtSpaggettio · 11/11/2023 20:18

Stomacharmeleon · 11/11/2023 20:13

@OneHurtSpaggettio that article is literally what I just said.... the rape kits etc probably weren't done after the desecration of bodies.

I can't even believe in the day and age of 'we believe you' we are doubting women when there is testimony from eye witnesses.

Did you get the
Gang rape
Necrophilia
Genital mutilation
Part of that article. There are witnesses.

They released the bodies to be buried....

I wasn’t posting against you, I was posting info for both of you. It’s a well-balanced article that tells the story of both sides.

I’m not going to give my take because this is massively off-topic.

Queucumber · 11/11/2023 20:19

The man in charge in Israel at the moment is like a cross between Suella Braverman and Donald Trump. He has allied himself with far right lunatics to retain power. His main selling point for voters was his image as ‘Mr Security.’ He allowed this atrocity to happen on his watch. His only response to try and retain power is to throw everything he has at Hamas to try and salvage his reputation.

The only winners in this are Hamas. They have, as they intended, disrupted the peace process. They have killed hundreds of Israelis in barbaric ways and filmed themselves doing it. They have provoked a very unstable (in many ways) Israeli leader to lash out militarily. They have indirectly caused the deaths of thousands of Palestinians. Israel’s reputation and support internationally is suffering because you can’t use bombs and tanks against thousands of terrorists in a densely populated civilian area without also killing thousands of innocent people.

Stomacharmeleon · 11/11/2023 20:21

@OneHurtSpaggettio I apologise.

Bouncyball23 · 11/11/2023 20:22

Newbutoldfather · 11/11/2023 11:12

I am very pro Israel and their right to deal with the terrorists on their border. Even if they are targeting Hamas, who hide behind the weak like the cowards they are, this is grim.

It is also a huge mistake. The optics are terrible regardless of their motivations; there must be a more intelligent way of targeting based under hospitals without killing the sick and injured.

On their border???
It's not their border tho is it? Building a wall does not make it a border.

Everyhow · 11/11/2023 20:24

@notsoready4school where was your outrage when Saudi Arabia killed 11,000 people in Yemen (so far).

Gcsunnyside23 · 11/11/2023 20:24

BaronessEllarawrosaurus · 11/11/2023 18:38

Britain needs to fuck off out of any country unless they are genuinely wanted there. I was a young adult at the time of the troubles and I can't blame the IRA for their actions, yes I was affected, people around me were affected but if my country's response had been to bomb the hell out of Ireland with no regards for innocent victims then damm right I'd have been marching against the government.

I'm not going to claim to have the answers but I sure as hell know this genocide is not the way to tackle things.

Where were you after the like of bloody Sunday? Nobody was matching then. People tried to bring charges to soldiers recently for crimes committed and there definitely wasn't much support in England for it

Queucumber · 11/11/2023 20:26

Bouncyball23 · 11/11/2023 20:22

On their border???
It's not their border tho is it? Building a wall does not make it a border.

Even on this thread you’ve got people questioning Israel’s right to exist.

notsoready4school · 11/11/2023 20:43

Everyhow · 11/11/2023 20:24

@notsoready4school where was your outrage when Saudi Arabia killed 11,000 people in Yemen (so far).

The civilians in Yemen can leave Yemen and can return. The killing is not indiscriminate and the rules of war are being observed. No hospitals are being bombed, there is no siege in place and aid agencies are not complaining of not having access to civilians.

Also the war in Yemen has been taking place since 2014 so if the number of deaths you are stating is accurate or thereabouts, do the maths for Israel’s achievements in Gaza in one month.

OP posts:
BaronessEllarawrosaurus · 11/11/2023 20:44

Gcsunnyside23 · 11/11/2023 20:24

Where were you after the like of bloody Sunday? Nobody was matching then. People tried to bring charges to soldiers recently for crimes committed and there definitely wasn't much support in England for it

Where was I after bloody Sunday? Attending nursery school- the troubles lasted 30 years I was an adult by the end. What has happened with the British soldiers not being charged is disgusting. The rule changes to prevent any being charged in future is wrong. The British have behaved in disgusting ways throughout their history I just hope to god we can learn from the past and be better in the future.

OneHurtSpaggettio · 11/11/2023 20:48

Thanks @Stomacharmeleon

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.