Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Conflict in the Middle East

After this there will be silence

508 replies

notsoready4school · 11/11/2023 10:13

Are we really just going to just let this happen. I was upset about the protest ban in France but at least he has finally spoken up. When is the UK going to finally say something and stop letting this happen in our name.

This is the moment we have been warning the whole world the Gaza Deputy Health Minister Dr. Youssef Abu Alreesh, currently inside al-Shifa Hospital as it is takes heavy fire from Israeli forces.
Here are his translated comments:

• This is the moment we have been warning the whole world of, all generators are off, all power sources are out.
  • We have 39 newborns in the incubators, those babies are fighting against death.
  • No one is able to move around the compound, snipers are stationed all over the place in addition to the drones that target and kill any moving person.
  • A few minutes ago one of the engineering team was hit by a sniper, he was hit in the neck and was paralysed and he’s now about to die.
  • Part of the hospital was shelled and part of the building caught fire, we fear it will engulf the whole compound.
  • A few families tried to leave but they were targeted; now they are lying dead outside the hospital. We cannot get to them.
  • We are totally stranded, we are cut off from the outside world, and above all, we are left without any medical resources. We cannot even bury the dead.
  • Ferocious gunfire can be heard within the vicinity of the hospital, the intensive care unit received a mortar shell a few minutes ago.
  • Blood is everywhere, on the floor, we cannot even clean it.
  • In the past, the Israeli killing machine was killing and this was conveyed on TV screens. Now they are perpetrating the same killing but no one is listening, no one is watching, the whole world is standing by.
  • We are speaking with whatever is left of my phone battery, after that, we will be silent.
OP posts:
winowin · 11/11/2023 20:48

@OneHurtSpaggettio

What is the solution?
If Israel cease fire what do you think will happen?
What do you think Hamas will do next?
What should Israel do?
If Israel have cut off free movement of Palestinians why do you think Egypt has done the same?

ChickHenLittle · 11/11/2023 21:04

Gcsunnyside23 · 11/11/2023 20:24

Where were you after the like of bloody Sunday? Nobody was matching then. People tried to bring charges to soldiers recently for crimes committed and there definitely wasn't much support in England for it

This sort of comparison doesn't really help, my mother was not even 10 years old at the time of Bloody Sunday.

PegasusReturns · 11/11/2023 21:06

where’s your humanity

perhaps ask that of the poster denying Hamas raped and brutalised Israeli girls and women.

ChickHenLittle · 11/11/2023 21:12

where’s your humanity

perhaps ask that of the poster denying Hamas raped and brutalised Israeli girls and women.

I can't find the post, but didn't the poster ask for proof from a verified source, not deny it happened?

The question could and should be asked of both. I can't stomach defence of the actions of the IDF at the moment, I believe this is the majority feeling going on public opinion and the press.

Everyhow · 11/11/2023 21:17

@notsoready4school so it’s fine to kill thousands of innocent civilians as long as you’re not targeting a hospital. Ok then. And I would really question that people in Yemen who are starving and living in abject poverty can just leave whenever.

DownNative · 11/11/2023 21:19

BaronessEllarawrosaurus · 11/11/2023 18:38

Britain needs to fuck off out of any country unless they are genuinely wanted there. I was a young adult at the time of the troubles and I can't blame the IRA for their actions, yes I was affected, people around me were affected but if my country's response had been to bomb the hell out of Ireland with no regards for innocent victims then damm right I'd have been marching against the government.

I'm not going to claim to have the answers but I sure as hell know this genocide is not the way to tackle things.

You do realise that PIRA had very little support in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland for their bombings, shootings, kneecappings and murder in any place they occurred during the Troubles.....right? 🤦‍♂️

Absolutely bizarre you say you "can't blame the IRA" for their own atrocities, to be frank. The UK Government wasn't unreasonable to stand firm since democracy stated the people of Northern Ireland wanted to remain in the UK. The same conditions PIRA accepted in their defeat.

Your comment highlights your own ignorance and you'd have been much better off not saying a word on the Troubles.

Plus, it's an entirely different conflict to that in the Middle East in every way, so not much sense trying to equate them. 🤦‍♂️

notsoready4school · 11/11/2023 21:22

where’s your humanity

Start a new thread for that. Think you will find the world needs to talk about what is happening at the hands of an enraged armed state directing their anger at innocent civilians right now rather than at the hands of terrorists a month ago. This can be stopped.

what happened in Israel at the hands of Hamas is terrible and a tragedy but how can Israel not see that they are creating the Hamas of the future by doing what they are doing now. This just ends badly for Israel and Palestinians. The injustices against Palestinians are being broadcast to the world and the behaviour of Israel is unacceptable.

They have at their hands the most advanced intelligence available to humans in all history. How can their only approach to get Hamas be the barbaric approaches used when bombs were first invented. Killing everyone?!

OP posts:
Xenia · 11/11/2023 21:22

Hamas knew it would come t othis. Israel acting reasonably as ever right on about 8 Oct said leave the North. Hamas has all sorts already found of weapons stacked in its usual despicable terrorist way by civilians - 50% of Gazans are under 18. This is what war is like.

notsoready4school · 11/11/2023 21:25

Hamas knew it would come t othis. Israel acting reasonably as ever right on about 8 Oct said leave the North. Hamas has all sorts already found of weapons stacked in its usual despicable terrorist way by civilians - 50% of Gazans are under 18. This is what war is like.

There is no war like this. Please don’t think this is what war is like. The world is outraged because this is not acceptable in war.

Stop convincing yourself it is. You have to open your eyes.

OP posts:
winowin · 11/11/2023 21:30

@notsoready4school

Will you answer my questions?

What do you think will happen if Israel cease fire?

What will be hamsa's next move if they do?

What do you think Israel should have done after the slaughter of their civilians?

What do you think the solution is?

There's all this talk of what Israel shouldn't do but no talk of what they should have done?

OneHurtSpaggettio · 11/11/2023 21:33

winowin · 11/11/2023 20:48

@OneHurtSpaggettio

What is the solution?
If Israel cease fire what do you think will happen?
What do you think Hamas will do next?
What should Israel do?
If Israel have cut off free movement of Palestinians why do you think Egypt has done the same?

Israel can use intelligence to try to take out Hamas. Hamas don’t walk into Israel every day, you know. This was a massive security failure from the Israeli govt/IDF.

They use undercover Mossad and IDF all. the. time. Why not now? How on Earth are they going to take out Hamas? It’s impossible, because the ideology exists and all they’re doing is creating the next generation of traumatised, orphaned youth, who may choose peace but they will likely be consumed by hatred. How could they not?

Why are they starving them? Depriving them of clean water? Depriving them of anaesthetic, fuel, aid?

Because this is an intentional massacre. This is genocide.

The far-right extremists in the Israeli government never, ever should have been allowed into their posts. These people are extremely dangerous, and some are convicted terrorists. They are even trying to get using live ammunition on protestors legalised. They are dangerous to both Palestinians and Israelis.

The rot in the Knesset and IDF needs to be ripped out and replaced with people who are pro-peace. I have no idea how these people are allowed to assume positions of power.

Sisi (Egypt) said this:

“Egypt has affirmed, and is reiterating, its vehement rejection of the forced displacement of the Palestinians and their transfer to Egyptian lands in Sinai, as this will mark the last gasp in the liquidation of the Palestinian cause, shatter the dream of an independent Palestinian state, and squander the struggle of the Palestinian people and that of the Arab and Islamic peoples over the course of the Palestinian cause that has endured for 75 years.”

There was a leaked document from Israel that said that they are looking to force Palestinians into ether Sinai desert:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/5d9jqx/israel-gaza-leak-displacement-nakba

This is the second Nakba, just as it was called upon by a Knesset member, Ariel Kallner:

“Right now, one goal: Nakba! A Nakba that will overshadow the Nakba of 48. Nakba in Gaza and Nakba to anyone who dares to join! their Nakba, because like then in 1948, the alternative is clear,” Kallner wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter.

https://english.alarabiya.net/amp/News/middle-east/2023/10/08/Israeli-Knesset-member-calls-for-second-Nakba-amid-ongoing-conflict-with-Hamas

You can cynically say that Sisi doesn’t want to risk any members of Hamas entering the Sinai as they may merge with the Muslim Brotherhood, who are his domestic enemy, and there’s probably a decent amount of truth to that, because he is a nasty piece of work who managed to squash democracy and rise to authoritarian power, and there are a lot of his own people who hate him for it. One of his main threats to power were the Muslim Brotherhood. Not sure why you asked about that.

Israeli Gov't Admits Internal Report Recommended Forcing All Gazans Into Egypt

Israel has downplayed the significance of a leaked government paper proposing the transfer of more than 2 million Gazans to Egypt, fuelling Palestinian fears of a second “Nakba”.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/5d9jqx/israel-gaza-leak-displacement-nakba

Chaitales · 11/11/2023 21:34

winowin · 11/11/2023 21:30

@notsoready4school

Will you answer my questions?

What do you think will happen if Israel cease fire?

What will be hamsa's next move if they do?

What do you think Israel should have done after the slaughter of their civilians?

What do you think the solution is?

There's all this talk of what Israel shouldn't do but no talk of what they should have done?

There's all this talk of what Israel shouldn't do but no talk of what they should have done

2023 has been one of the worst years for the West Bank (where there is no hamas). Villages have been razed and people driven out of their homes by settlers. People can be imprisoned or shot at will. Thousands of children in prisons. Pouring of cement into water wells. Withholding supplies of food, clothing, water. Military control and surveillance. Maybe Israel can leave people in the little peace and dignity that they have?

Queucumber · 11/11/2023 21:36

No, there’s hezbollah, funded by Iran.

OneHurtSpaggettio · 11/11/2023 21:39

“This is what war is like.”

It’s clear you’ve never followed a war before other than one perpetrated by Israeli terrorists.

After this there will be silence
winowin · 11/11/2023 21:40

@OneHurtSpaggettio
@Chaitales

Can either one of you answer a direct question?

What should Isreal have done after the attacks on the 7th of October?

OneHurtSpaggettio · 11/11/2023 21:43

winowin · 11/11/2023 21:40

@OneHurtSpaggettio
@Chaitales

Can either one of you answer a direct question?

What should Isreal have done after the attacks on the 7th of October?

I just spent time writing you a long response.

OneHurtSpaggettio · 11/11/2023 21:44

@winowin did you not bother to read it?

winowin · 11/11/2023 21:46

@OneHurtSpaggettio
Why is it Israel's responsibility to provide food and water to Palestinians?
Do their own government, Hamas, bare no responsibility to their own people?
Or is it ok for Hamas not to give a fuck but Israeli government should?

winowin · 11/11/2023 21:48

@OneHurtSpaggettio
No not really. If I want in-depth answers to something I'll look it up myself thank you.

I just asked some simple questions which you failed to answer.

Chaitales · 11/11/2023 21:49

@OneHurtSpaggettio

Stole their land
Locked the out of their own homes
Controlled their borders, food, water, electricity, fish in the sea...
Why should one country be able to control another's water, food and electricity supply - that in itself is a travesty

winowin · 11/11/2023 21:50

@Chaitales locked out by Israel on one side.
What about the border with Egypt?

Chaitales · 11/11/2023 21:52

Can you answer why Israel has the right to control Gaza and be able to switch their electricity and food on and off on a whim?

OneHurtSpaggettio · 11/11/2023 21:53

@OneHurtSpaggettio

It isn’t Israel who feed them!!!
Israel are actively blocking trucks with food, aid, water from entering Gaza.

You don’t even know the basics so there is no point engaging with you. Try reading the many, many threads on Gaza on Conflict in the Middle East on here and you might actually learn something.

ChickHenLittle · 11/11/2023 21:53

Are you mistaking MN posters for politicians who SHOULD have the answers, given that is why they were elected?
If I were an Israeli voter, I'd be disappointed in Netanyhau for not coming up with better responses to various issues.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.