Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Conflict in the Middle East

After this there will be silence

508 replies

notsoready4school · 11/11/2023 10:13

Are we really just going to just let this happen. I was upset about the protest ban in France but at least he has finally spoken up. When is the UK going to finally say something and stop letting this happen in our name.

This is the moment we have been warning the whole world the Gaza Deputy Health Minister Dr. Youssef Abu Alreesh, currently inside al-Shifa Hospital as it is takes heavy fire from Israeli forces.
Here are his translated comments:

• This is the moment we have been warning the whole world of, all generators are off, all power sources are out.
  • We have 39 newborns in the incubators, those babies are fighting against death.
  • No one is able to move around the compound, snipers are stationed all over the place in addition to the drones that target and kill any moving person.
  • A few minutes ago one of the engineering team was hit by a sniper, he was hit in the neck and was paralysed and he’s now about to die.
  • Part of the hospital was shelled and part of the building caught fire, we fear it will engulf the whole compound.
  • A few families tried to leave but they were targeted; now they are lying dead outside the hospital. We cannot get to them.
  • We are totally stranded, we are cut off from the outside world, and above all, we are left without any medical resources. We cannot even bury the dead.
  • Ferocious gunfire can be heard within the vicinity of the hospital, the intensive care unit received a mortar shell a few minutes ago.
  • Blood is everywhere, on the floor, we cannot even clean it.
  • In the past, the Israeli killing machine was killing and this was conveyed on TV screens. Now they are perpetrating the same killing but no one is listening, no one is watching, the whole world is standing by.
  • We are speaking with whatever is left of my phone battery, after that, we will be silent.
OP posts:
Stomacharmeleon · 22/11/2023 20:35

I am hoping the release of fifty hostages might be the start of something positive. Aid into Gaza and really just a breath...
I know people malign Biden but I agree people do things in anger and just a reset may be the way forward.
I would hope for all sake Hamas go into exile so not enough drop of blood has to be shed.

stormy4319trevor · 22/11/2023 20:42

With a pause in fighting there may be an opportunity for journalists to enter Gaza, This would be really useful, as most of their local journalists have been killed and the recurring cutting off of communications has made it very difficult to know about conditions in the strip.

Stomacharmeleon · 22/11/2023 20:44

I hope the Red Cross can be allowed to see the remaining hostages and make sure they are alive and well.

notsoready4school · 22/11/2023 20:46

stormy4319trevor · 22/11/2023 20:42

With a pause in fighting there may be an opportunity for journalists to enter Gaza, This would be really useful, as most of their local journalists have been killed and the recurring cutting off of communications has made it very difficult to know about conditions in the strip.

Yes that would be good but do you think they will be allowed in by Israel ?

OP posts:
notsoready4school · 22/11/2023 20:47

Will aid be coming to the hospitals in northern Gaza or is it only the ones in the south ?

OP posts:
stormy4319trevor · 22/11/2023 20:48

Yes @Stomacharmeleon A pause in fighting means they can do that, depending on whether Hamas agrees. But it looks positive that there has been movement through negotiations and that the situation is not still stuck, if you see what I mean,

stormy4319trevor · 22/11/2023 20:56

notsoready4school · 22/11/2023 20:46

Yes that would be good but do you think they will be allowed in by Israel ?

I don't know if they can refuse - it isn't a live combat zone in theory so not sure what justification there could be for refusal. I don't actually know the laws regulating journalists' access to areas -and who grants visas to enter Gaza. Normally it would be the government of a territory, but maybe Gaza is not allowed to give visas.

notsoready4school · 22/11/2023 22:17

stormy4319trevor · 22/11/2023 20:56

I don't know if they can refuse - it isn't a live combat zone in theory so not sure what justification there could be for refusal. I don't actually know the laws regulating journalists' access to areas -and who grants visas to enter Gaza. Normally it would be the government of a territory, but maybe Gaza is not allowed to give visas.

looks like it’s very difficult for journalists to get in, Israel has banned international journalists entry.

https://rsf.org/en/israel-eradicating-journalism-gaza-ten-reporters-killed-three-days-48-start-war

Israel is eradicating journalism in Gaza, with ten reporters killed in three days, 48 since start of war

Journalism is in the process of being eradicated in the Gaza Strip as a result of Israel’s refusal to heed calls to protect media personnel, says Reporters Without Borders (RSF). The situation is dire for Palestinian journalists trapped in the enclave,...

https://rsf.org/en/israel-eradicating-journalism-gaza-ten-reporters-killed-three-days-48-start-war

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.