Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Conflict in the Middle East

After this there will be silence

508 replies

notsoready4school · 11/11/2023 10:13

Are we really just going to just let this happen. I was upset about the protest ban in France but at least he has finally spoken up. When is the UK going to finally say something and stop letting this happen in our name.

This is the moment we have been warning the whole world the Gaza Deputy Health Minister Dr. Youssef Abu Alreesh, currently inside al-Shifa Hospital as it is takes heavy fire from Israeli forces.
Here are his translated comments:

• This is the moment we have been warning the whole world of, all generators are off, all power sources are out.
  • We have 39 newborns in the incubators, those babies are fighting against death.
  • No one is able to move around the compound, snipers are stationed all over the place in addition to the drones that target and kill any moving person.
  • A few minutes ago one of the engineering team was hit by a sniper, he was hit in the neck and was paralysed and he’s now about to die.
  • Part of the hospital was shelled and part of the building caught fire, we fear it will engulf the whole compound.
  • A few families tried to leave but they were targeted; now they are lying dead outside the hospital. We cannot get to them.
  • We are totally stranded, we are cut off from the outside world, and above all, we are left without any medical resources. We cannot even bury the dead.
  • Ferocious gunfire can be heard within the vicinity of the hospital, the intensive care unit received a mortar shell a few minutes ago.
  • Blood is everywhere, on the floor, we cannot even clean it.
  • In the past, the Israeli killing machine was killing and this was conveyed on TV screens. Now they are perpetrating the same killing but no one is listening, no one is watching, the whole world is standing by.
  • We are speaking with whatever is left of my phone battery, after that, we will be silent.
OP posts:
OuiOuiKitty · 11/11/2023 13:31

Newbutoldfather · 11/11/2023 13:25

@OuiOuiKitty ,

I am going to take an educated guess and put you in Switzerland, or somewhere similar.

If so, you have just financed the bad guys, killing so much more discreetly.

Has Switzerland financed Israel, I have no idea? I stand by what I said. It is the countries treating people badly, occupying other countries, having nuclear weapons, exerting their control over others, using violence etc that are the problem. Countries that mind their own business, treat everyone in their country well regardless of where they come from or what religion they happen to be are not the problem here, and the fact that you would call countries like that 'cowards' says a lot about you.

Oliotya · 11/11/2023 13:32

Newbutoldfather · 11/11/2023 13:23

@TwilightSkies ,

I didn’t ask what you expected them not to do, I asked what you expected them to do. Not the same question, and a facile answer anyway.

The level of self-deception and moral dishonesty on these threads reaches a new high each day.

People on MN admit to lying and cheating to get their children into a better school, not caring who they trample over to do so. If they actually felt their own children’s lives were under threat, they would be baying for blood, no matter the collateral damage.

The reality is that it is a very hard situation with Hamas shielding themselves amongst the weak, like the cowardly murderers they are. I abhor civilian deaths, and imagine that some Israelis are committing war crimes. However, the aim of the Israelis is to destroy Hamas, not to murder civilians. This is the polar opposite of what Hamas is all about.

I hope that the Americans restrain the way Israel prosecutes its war but prosecute it they must, until Hamas is destroyed.

I actually think that's bullshit. If my children's lives were under threat I would expect them to be protected, not "baying for blood". I also know from experience working with refugees in another part of the world, "baying for blood" is not the default response.

PegasusReturns · 11/11/2023 13:42

@OuiOuiKitty

many people on this thread have direct experience being part of a “country [that] was occupying another restricting their trade, stealing peoples land and homes, killing people on the regular and lying about it”

interestingly “the people we were treating so poorly” were “extremely pissed off about it” although strangely there wasn’t a lot of sympathy in England for the IRA bombings.

WinterWarmth · 11/11/2023 13:44

It’s so obvious the media and protest campaign against Israel’s retaliation to a terrorist government (Hamas is not just a terrorist organisation but also the government of the state of Gaza remember?) has been orchestrated in the hope that worldwide military action would be taken to intervene against Israel and all the Jews can finally be killed or displaced and the state of Israel shall fall.

The Gazan government and their backers knew full well Israel would have to bomb the hell out them if they had any hope of getting rid of them and they knew Israel would have no option but to do that due to the absolutely horrific and savage attacks they committed on Israeli citizens.

The media and protest campaign was planned well in advance from what I’ve read. There was even a CNN journalist with the Palestinians when they invaded Israel FFS.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/style/media/2023/11/09/cnn-ap-photographer-hamas/

Morecladding · 11/11/2023 13:44

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

You think this is Israel 'finishing it?' This is the Israeli government putting a massive target on the heads of their citizens, as many terrorist groups will view all Isrealis as civilian murderers. The Isreali Government know this but care more about killing ALL Palestinians than protecting their own people, which they chose not to do on 7th October. Indiscriminate snipering is not OK. Bombing without a jutification for each and every target is not OK. Those poor people, and our government sits by and watches.

ChickHenLittle · 11/11/2023 13:45

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Vile.

Finteq · 11/11/2023 13:48

MrsSkylerWhite · 11/11/2023 10:20

The world just stands by and lets this happen.

The future generations will wonder how this was allowed to happen.

How did millions of people stand by and watch it happen, why wasn't it stopped?

LaDerniereVacheFolle · 11/11/2023 13:54

EsmaCannonball · 11/11/2023 13:31

'Gaza Deputy Health Minister.' People might want to take a second to think about what that means.

My thoughts exactly.

MCOut · 11/11/2023 13:54

Oliotya · 11/11/2023 13:32

I actually think that's bullshit. If my children's lives were under threat I would expect them to be protected, not "baying for blood". I also know from experience working with refugees in another part of the world, "baying for blood" is not the default response.

I agree. I also think part of it is that Britain doesn’t have the same history of persecution so even if it was blighted by attacks that were just as horrific, the response would not be our safety at all costs. It’s not really a matter of being more moral, it’s also that no one reasonably believes that British people are at risk of genocide.

They went through great effort to try and portray the Iraq war as a relatively bloodless occupation. They also found lots of reasons alongside WMD. There was lots of moralising around western values, democracy, human rights, feminism etc because lots of British people do care about cost.

OuiOuiKitty · 11/11/2023 13:57

PegasusReturns · 11/11/2023 13:42

@OuiOuiKitty

many people on this thread have direct experience being part of a “country [that] was occupying another restricting their trade, stealing peoples land and homes, killing people on the regular and lying about it”

interestingly “the people we were treating so poorly” were “extremely pissed off about it” although strangely there wasn’t a lot of sympathy in England for the IRA bombings.

I'm not sure what your point is to be honest. That people in the UK should agree with Israel killing thousands of people because they should be able to relate to a controlling, occupying country? I mean I would like to think that times have moved on and the majority in the UK now realise that occupying another country and controlling them is wrong and that killing 1000s of innocent people, injuring 30,000 innocent people, flattening half of their homes, starving them, depriving them of water and aid because of a terrorist attack isn't going to resolve things.

PegasusReturns · 11/11/2023 14:02

The level of self-deception and moral dishonesty on these threads reaches a new high each day

I agree. Anyone who claims that if Islamic terrorists had ventured into a small town in the U.K., massacred thousands, including whole families, raped and tortured girls and women and the kidnapped hundreds including the elderly and infants AND made it clear that their continued aim was the annihilation of all Christians, you can be quite sure people would take a different position.

the truth is you can’t claim you’d “just” want to be “protected” without acknowledging that protection comes at a cost.

PegasusReturns · 11/11/2023 14:10

I'm not sure what your point is to be honest

You proclaim, with the sanctimony that any other position would be a moral failing, that you’d be “horrified” if your country occupied another. I was pointing out that unlike apparently yourself, most people posting on this thread have direct experience of their country occupying another and everything that comes with that in living history and were not in fact horrified in the slightest.

OuiOuiKitty · 11/11/2023 14:49

PegasusReturns · 11/11/2023 14:10

I'm not sure what your point is to be honest

You proclaim, with the sanctimony that any other position would be a moral failing, that you’d be “horrified” if your country occupied another. I was pointing out that unlike apparently yourself, most people posting on this thread have direct experience of their country occupying another and everything that comes with that in living history and were not in fact horrified in the slightest.

Thanks for clearing that up. Good for them I guess Confused

notsoready4school · 11/11/2023 15:55

This is the narrative of abusers. You made me do it.

individuals can act like that. Countries cannot ‘bomb the hell out of’ babies and innocent civilians using the excuse ‘you made me do it’.

This narrative is just barbaric.

OP posts:
queenofarles · 11/11/2023 16:19

'Gaza Deputy Health Minister.' People might want to take a second to think about what that means.
gosh , could you get any lower than this?

doctors in front of Downing Street were reading text messages sent to them by doctors in side alshifa hospital pleading for help,
one of the brave woman reading these texts is Jordanian American doctor Tanya Hassan, look her up, it’s utterly heart breaking .
go on to Mad Gilbert X page , he worked there for many years and see what he has to say about this.

dumpkin · 11/11/2023 16:40

It is the countries treating people badly, occupying other countries, having nuclear weapons, exerting their control over others, using violence etc that are the problem.

Like the UK?

The poster who mentioned the UK response to a terrier attack was correct. Thousands were killed by the War on Terror, hundreds of thousands indirectly.

OuiOuiKitty · 11/11/2023 16:41

dumpkin · 11/11/2023 16:40

It is the countries treating people badly, occupying other countries, having nuclear weapons, exerting their control over others, using violence etc that are the problem.

Like the UK?

The poster who mentioned the UK response to a terrier attack was correct. Thousands were killed by the War on Terror, hundreds of thousands indirectly.

Yup. Like the UK.

dumpkin · 11/11/2023 16:41

interestingly “the people we were treating so poorly” were “extremely pissed off about it” although strangely there wasn’t a lot of sympathy in England for the IRA bombings.

There wasn’t even the understanding of what was going on in NI.

dumpkin · 11/11/2023 16:45

Exactly.

How do you suggest people stop it?

dumpkin · 11/11/2023 16:47

individuals can act like that. Countries cannot ‘bomb the hell out of’ babies and innocent civilians using the excuse ‘you made me do it’.

Obviously it’s not right & nobody wants innocent civilians to die & particularly not babies but you are deluded if you think govs don’t kill civilians.

feralunderclass · 11/11/2023 16:55

OuiOuiKitty · 11/11/2023 10:35

Same here. There isn't much left to say. Those who have decided that Palestinians are just 'human shields' or that Israel can't help blowing up all of Gaza and starving everyone 'because Hamas' are not going to change their minds. I really thought as the atrocities got bigger and bigger people would see but to do that they would have to see Palestinians as worthy people and they just can't. It's been really sobering and has changed my view of the world.

I think many have changed their minds, I don't know a single person now that supports Israel because they think they are doing the right thing. The ones that do are antisemites but their Islamophobia is even more raging, so Israel it is.
The "but Hamas! Human shields!" crew must be in agony trying to fight against the logical, factual side of their brain. No one can look at the carnage and hear what the Israeli government are saying and not see this as a purposeful ethnic cleansing.

OuiOuiKitty · 11/11/2023 16:57

dumpkin · 11/11/2023 16:45

Exactly.

How do you suggest people stop it?

Can you explain what you are 'exactlying'? Do you think that because some people were cool with the UK being an occupier that makes it OK? That if you don't have experience of living in a occupier it makes you 'sanctimonious' to say that illegal occupation is wrong? I'm genuinely not getting the her reason for pointing out that some people in the UK loved a bit of occupation too but you seem to get it?

dumpkin · 11/11/2023 17:17

Do you think that because some people were cool with the UK being an occupier that makes it OK?

Who has said that? I think it explains the UKs & the USs “silence” though…

Didn’t think it was unclear 🤷🏻‍♀️

I'm genuinely not getting the her reason for pointing out that some people in the UK loved a bit of occupation too but you seem to get it?

Search any thread on here re the Troubles & I think you will get that posters point. Many no nothing of the history.

dumpkin · 11/11/2023 17:17

@OuiOuiKitty do you have any suggestions on how to stop it?

notsoready4school · 11/11/2023 17:39

queenofarles · 11/11/2023 16:19

gosh , could you get any lower than this?

doctors in front of Downing Street were reading text messages sent to them by doctors in side alshifa hospital pleading for help,
one of the brave woman reading these texts is Jordanian American doctor Tanya Hassan, look her up, it’s utterly heart breaking .
go on to Mad Gilbert X page , he worked there for many years and see what he has to say about this.

It’s just useless to try and get someone who has covered their eyes to see. They will know it’s true.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.