Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Fertility Appointments and Beyond: Electric Boogaloo

thislittlebird · 20/08/2022 13:54

Hit capacity on the old thread, will tag you in!

OP's posts:
Please
or

thislittlebird · 20/08/2022 13:57

Tagging @Beyondshit @Tillybabs @99pctpractice @Gracie2021
@JeanieJ @Tinkerbell098 @beckyCarlos @dogmam

OP's posts:
Please
or

thislittlebird · 20/08/2022 13:58

@Hoping43 @Kay00

I'm looking for people I've missed, add anyone I've forgotten

OP's posts:
Please
or

thislittlebird · 20/08/2022 14:00

@pinkginpls
@thedaydreambelievers
@juno23

OP's posts:
Please
or

99pctpractice · 20/08/2022 15:56

Thanks, @thislittlebird !

@Tillybabs - I think they'll do a double transfer at least. The consultant talked about potentially 2 at day 3 and then 1 at day 5 when I first had a consultation at this clinic. Their philosophy is that there's a better chance in utero than there is in a lab. From what I've heard, they are also a bit more fussy about what they will freeze so if there are any poorer quality embryos I'd rather they transferred them if they won't freeze them. Based on our past history (and my age, I'm 41), I'm not too concerned about multiples because the odds are pretty low!!

@thislittlebird yes, all fingers crossed!! After our second round when we had 9 eggs fertilise but all of them were fragmented by day 3, we are probably more cautiously optimistic than we would have been when we first started out, but this is definitely a good start for us numbers wise.

That's a great idea to have a city break in December. Where were you thinking of going? A couple of years ago we went to Hamburg in Dec and the Christmas markets were amazing, maybe we'll think of going back to somewhere in Germany at that time of year.
It's hard to visualise that crisp wintry goodness at the moment!!

Please
or

Beyondshit · 20/08/2022 17:14

@ththislittlebird Doggo is nearly 10 months now! Some of those early puppy days were hard but often loads of fun too. He's fitted into our lives brilliantly but I must say DP is quite a homebody so if I'm out and about DP is often at home with the little man. Very occasionally we go out for six hours+ and we get a sitter to sit with him for a chunk of time in the middle. We did crate training, puppy classes etc which we've kept up. We've taken him away for weekends and chose dog friendly places and had a holiday abroad in summer and left him with a good friend who has the same breed. We recently replaced our living room rug which he ruined only for him to piss on the new one, obviously, having not had an accident in months. His recall isn't great, which I feel we've kind of fucked up. But apart from that it's brilliant.

We left him at home alone for the longest we've ever left him today while I had the transfer (just over four hours) and he's now snoozing next to me on the sofa. Do it do it!! I've never felt a love like it. I'll stop now on the dog :D

Transfer was fine. Embryo was B-/C. Will report back in a couple of weeks. x

Please
or

Beyondshit · 20/08/2022 17:14

ps thanks for the new thread!

Please
or

beckyCarlos · 20/08/2022 17:39

Thanks for the new thread @thislittlebird! I'm 100% team dog. We got ours just over 4 years ago so before all this ridiculousness began, and while I love dogs and grew up having them it seemed like A Huge Deal, I felt like I was doing something crazy, nowhere near capable of looking after anything other than myself etc. And (don't get me wrong I love him with my whole heart) he was a little shit sometimes, and my god puppy teeth 🙈 - if you get a puppy for crying out loud do not pick 'the one who chooses you' when all its littermates are napping after food. This just means it'll never sleep and has more energy than the rest lol.

BUT - he is amazing, he gives me a reason to get up on a shit day, he is always happy, has such a personality, and he is just...very hard to describe but 1000% one of the family.

@beyondshit send dog pics!

@99pctpractice that all sounds promising! Fingers crossed for you :)

Please
or

beckyCarlos · 20/08/2022 17:39

P.s. heres a dog pic!

Please
or

thislittlebird · 20/08/2022 17:44

@Beyondshit glad it went well, keep us posted!I'm quite a homebody too so I think it could work in that regard for us. We're rarely out for six hours. The poor rug lol. He sounds like a very good boy! The poo element puts me off but I guess I'll get over it.

@99pctpractice I was just having this chat with my dh today, and saying how I wish more clinics would transfer one or two of the ones that might not get to day 3 or 5, rather than destroy them. Seems like a lot of wasted chances.

Cautious optimism seems like a good plan.

We were going to go to Ghent probably, wanted an excuse to use the Eurostar, but we'll go to York instead now. Seems they have some christmassy stuff there too. We need to save as much as we can during the private IVF, it's intimidating handing over so much money.

I just stupidly browsed the baby name forum, I always end up getting upset. Dumb af. There's a girl's name I absolutely love and have for a long time, since I was a kid and read a book but even more since the mid 2000s. I saw a post about the name and read it, and it's all people saying how it's overused, passé, done to death, there's 4 of those in their kid's class and so on. It really bothered me because I've liked the name for so long, before it was revived, I've never got the chance to use it and now I feel like people will think it's crap if I ever do get the chance because they're bored of it, although it really isn't that popular like no. 1 names Olivia or Oliver levels, my own name has always been more popular than that name and still is. Infertility makes me so sad.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Beyondshit · 20/08/2022 18:31

@bebeckyCarlos Gorgeous Doggo!!

@thislittlebird Same. I've loved a particular name for YEARS. Now feel I can never use it. Three acquaintances have used it since I 'discovered' it and tbh I don't particularly like the people so they've kind of ruined it for me anyway. Sigh.

Posting my dog is so outing. I'll have to do another name change Grin

Please
or

thislittlebird · 20/08/2022 18:39

@Beyondshit outing? Is he a celeb doggo? Instagram star? Local legend? 👀

I’m really lucky no one has used it I know yet, but my friends could still have more kids and use it. Recently I found out some distant relatives of DH’s called their dog the fucking boy’s name we like 🫠. It’s a Cornish name, dh is Cornish, so fair dos, they might think it’s fine but I just????? I found it in my family tree wayyyy back and thought it would be cool to use. Anyway, I’m less sold on that one but I hate having to contend with not only people’s kids names but pets too 😩.

@beckyCarlos lovely dog!!! It’s glad to hear you had doubts too tbh. I feel like I won’t cope and will let the dog down but I hope that won’t happen and it’s just my anxiety. Maybe I’ll get to name a dog 🤪. I messaged someone about a 5 month old pup today and they didn’t reply lol. They’d only dropped the dog’s price this morning, very annoying.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Beyondshit · 20/08/2022 18:42

@ththislittlebird Ha no. I just do nothing but post and send people photos of him so if anyone knows me they'll now know my user name

Please
or

dogmam · 20/08/2022 19:13

Hi ladies

Haven't been on in a while but saw @thislittlebird made a new thread so thought I'd pop on.

How's everyone doing? ill have to jump on the old thread and have a catch up. Hope everyone's ok.

LOVING the dog pics! If anyones thinking of getting one, do it! Mine is my best friend, honestly couldn't love him more and genuinely helped me through the last few years of ivf.. so yeah, get the doggo and do consider rescue too x

Please
or

beckyCarlos · 20/08/2022 19:29

@beyondshit hes GORGEOUS!!!! I'm hoping hes outing because he is indeed a local legend 🤣 mine probably is a local legend...for being a dick 🤣 he can walk past a dog 99 times and be fine, and then the 100th time he'll bark in their face. He has two nemesis in the village as well, they see each other and bristle and bark like their lives depend on it. Ones a tiny terrier and the other os a Tibetian Mastiff 🙈

@thislittlebird absolutely, I had such reservations, but he brings me such joy and comfort, and makes me smile every single day. He also helped me know I was ready to have kids (the irony) and I'm much more confident in myself and my ability to deal now, especially with bodily functions 🤣

Please
or

99pctpractice · 21/08/2022 10:01

@Beyondshit @beckyCarlos your dogs are sooooo gorgeous!! Those eyes!! A friend of mine's mum named her dog her favourite potential baby name. They have a difficult relationship at the best of times but that was a really low blow. I have never really tried to think about baby names because I'm stupidly superstitious so at least I'm spared that side of the heartache!!

Waiting for embryo update and they said they'd call 8-10 but I'm still waiting so obviously assuming the worst and that none have made it overnight...aargh! I wish ivf wasn't such a painful process!

Please
or

99pctpractice · 21/08/2022 12:17

Oof. 6 embryos still in the running, but all showing some signs of fragmentation. The embryologist didn't say it was terminal but based on my past history it isn't looking good. They're almost certainly going to do a transfer tomorrow but I'm already just feeling a bit crushed and like I know what the outcome is going to be. I wish this process wasn't so hard. I'd say unpredictable but it feels like for me it is becoming increasingly predictable 🤣

Please
or

Beyondshit · 21/08/2022 16:28

@99pctpractice I have everything crossed for you and your embryos!

Please
or

thislittlebird · 21/08/2022 21:43

He sounds like a secret local legend to me @beckyCarlos, your one is less secret 😂. A loud legend. He sounds very specific in his choice of nemeses. Ngl the bodily functions scare the shit out of me 😩. No pun intended. I don’t know how I’ll deal.

@99pctpractice wow that mum sounds like a right cow.

ET tomorrow is better than none but I’m relieved to hear your six are still in the running. Fingers crossed some make it x

OP's posts:
Please
or

Tinkerbell098 · 22/08/2022 10:19

Didn't realise our old thread has already maxed out.

@99pctpractice Good luck for transfer today, let us know how it goes.

@Beyondshit very cute doggo! I do the same with mine, take a thousand pics and share across all my whatsapp groups haha!

@beckyCarlos I've got a GSD too, he's 2 1/2 years now and is also my best friend. I know what you mean about puppy teeth, they HURT!! They make the cutest puppies though and I love him to bits.

Please
or

99pctpractice · 22/08/2022 10:47

Thanks @Tinkerbell098 @thislittlebird embryo update this morning wasn't positive but I think they'll still put some back this afternoon. Feeing very despondent about the whole thing. If we hadn't already decided we wouldn't do more ivf then we definitely have now!!!

Please
or

beckyCarlos · 22/08/2022 13:31

@99pctpractice so sorry to hear its not great news. Will keep everything crossee for you. X x

@tinkerbell098 they are the best arent they! He is my world and I love him to bits, but boy I dont miss those teeth.

Please
or

pinkginpls · 22/08/2022 14:53

thanks for the new thread @thislittlebird

Got some catching up to do on the last few pages of the old thread. been trying to enjoy summer and less screen time. hope everyone is doing well and love to see dog loving is taking over for a bit 😁

@99pctpractice fingers cross, it may still work out.

Please
or

99pctpractice · 22/08/2022 18:12

Thanks @beckyCarlos and @pinkginpls 3 embryos now on board so we just have to hope that one of them makes it!!! Not impossible so we just have to hope for the best. Looking forward to 10 days of blissful ignorance before we test a week on Saturday...! (Or more likely a couple of days before I start panicking again)

Please
or

thislittlebird · 22/08/2022 18:48

Stupid browser refreshed.

I think I’m going to apply for a new role at work (again 🙄) but it made me think I should wait on the dog plan. If I get it, I might not have such flexibility straight away. Or, do I just think sod it and go for it? My husband is home by 3pm or leaves home by 1pm depending on his shifts. Not sure if that would work if I have to be in the office for two days.

@99pctpractice that’s great news that they’re on board. Three chances is better than zero chances, fingers crossed for you. Did they grade them?

OP's posts:
Please
or

beckyCarlos · 22/08/2022 19:26

Ooh @99pctpractice thats exciting!

@thislittlebird I'd say just go for it. I found it super hard for the first few weeks (pre covid, in the office all the time) but we got a dog cam (webcam, nothing fancy) and set it to motion sensor notification/record, all it caught him doing was napping, stretching, a short patrol of his rooms, and settling in a new spot. Oh and the occasional bark at the postie if we got a delivery we werent in for!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?