Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Bus 9 - Donkey Cart departing soon, all aboard with ivf, pcos, endo, sub/unexplained fertility jump on

Marvellouslymadmum · 25/07/2022 17:38

New thread 😊😊

OP's posts:
Please
or

thislittlebird · 25/07/2022 18:15

Jumping on! Thanks @Marvellouslymadmum

Please
or

Sunbird24 · 25/07/2022 20:26

Does this bus have an upstairs? 🤔 Can’t decide where to sit…

Please
or

thislittlebird · 26/07/2022 08:46

Going for a progesterone test this morning, so that is stressing me out. As did the dream that I started bleeding. I’m really not enjoying this tww.

Please
or

Sunbird24 · 26/07/2022 09:41

@thislittlebird i had one of those dreams last night too. Test still negative.

Please
or

thislittlebird · 26/07/2022 09:47

@Sunbird24 what day past transfer are you now?

I’ll get my progesterone tests later today, at least I’ll know if the Cyclogest is working because it’s 14 days past ovulation today, any natural progesterone should be on its way out.

Please
or

Sunbird24 · 26/07/2022 09:50

5dp5dt, so I think 10dpo

Please
or

thislittlebird · 26/07/2022 10:14

@Sunbird24 fingers crossed you’ll get a positive soon. Do you think you’ll test daily or wait?

I wish I was less scared of POAS. It scares the shit out of me, I’ll try to wait until Thursday and I’ll take that day off.

Please
or

Sunbird24 · 26/07/2022 10:44

@thislittlebird yes, but I can’t get excited about a BFP as I’ve been there so many times before. Is your progesterone test from bloods? I hope it goes well for you!

Please
or

thislittlebird · 26/07/2022 10:54

@Sunbird24 yeah, I get that. It's bloods, yeah. Not really sure what to expect. When I was on Letrozole I paid for a private progesterone blood test and my results were 108, that was around day 21. This is day 28.

Please
or

kerrym87 · 26/07/2022 12:43

@thislittlebird @Sunbird24 fingers crossed for you both. I'm just in the shitty depression stage and navigating going back to work after the covid beat my ass to a pulp. Stuck in the treadmill of wanting to keep going but also fed up of the wait and failures, will be another 6 months as we're away end nov and don't want to do just before Xmas. @thislittlebird I hate poas too, think in 2 years I tested 3 times 🤣

Please
or

thislittlebird · 26/07/2022 14:29

My period is starting. It’s due today. I’m not in a good way, I’ll do a test later just to get it out of the way and report to the clinic.

Please
or

CycleGirl20 · 26/07/2022 15:53

Fingers crossed for you @thislittlebird. If it's just AF symptoms, I got all the symptoms including period cramps when it turned out our IVF had worked. 🤞

Please
or

thislittlebird · 26/07/2022 16:01

@CycleGirl20 no, it’s spotting like I get with the beginning of a period before it picks up pace. I haven’t had a single AF symptom and I don’t get them normally either, other than migraines. I’ll do a test later though.

Clinic rang me because my progesterone was obviously low. They told me to increase to take 3 Cyclogest per day and I don’t see the point but I’ll do as they say until Thursday.

Please
or

thislittlebird · 26/07/2022 16:25

I did a test. The same single, sad line I always get. Starting to think I’ll never see the second, it’s not something for me.

Please
or

CycleGirl20 · 26/07/2022 16:56

I'm really sorry to hear that @thislittlebird 💐. How many dpt are you? Do you have next steps? It sounds like your progesterone could be an issue?

Please
or

thislittlebird · 26/07/2022 17:11

@CycleGirl20 I’m 9dp5dt, 14 days past ovulation and today would be AF due date. yeah I’ve said this to people since last May and no one seems to care to test it properly. I’ll be making a fuss about it on my next appointment, which won’t be for weeks yet.

Please
or

Sunbird24 · 26/07/2022 17:26

Ah no @thislittlebird that sucks.

Please
or

CycleGirl20 · 26/07/2022 17:40

It sounds like you do need to make a fuss about it. It's crap no one has looked into it further. Were you using progesterone suppositories?

Please
or

thislittlebird · 26/07/2022 18:20

@CycleGirl20 yeah, two per day. They said I need to increase to three until OTD 🤪. Talk about close the stable door after the horse has bolted. I asked all week for a test and was told no, the system is down. I could cry my eyes out, I already have, but there’s nothing I can do now. Maybe that’s not even the issue. The idea of going through more tests makes me feel sick.

Please
or

CycleGirl20 · 27/07/2022 09:38

@thislittlebird it sounds like your clinic have some poor excuses for not checking things properly. No wonder you're upset with that on top of everything else. Can you kick up a fuss about it to get them to fast-track anything or agree to better testing or a discount if you're paying?

Please
or

Marvellouslymadmum · 27/07/2022 09:46

@thislittlebird I'm disappointed and annoyed for you! You definitely need to give them what for about this progesterone issue, there must be a way of investigating or counteracting it!! I do hope you're feeling a bit better today

@Sunbird24 how you holding out? It seems to me like ivf makes the tww feel like 10x the normal emotions! One because your told you should have more chance and two because of all the hormones they've injected you with!

OP's posts:
Please
or

ShirleyValentineManc · 27/07/2022 16:40

@thislittlebird my heart dropped when you said it was one line. We're here for you x

Please
or

thislittlebird · 27/07/2022 19:10

@CycleGirl20 i have to wait until Thursday’s test 🙄🙄🙄. It’s a funded cycle so there’s nothing to get back, have to just ask the consultant to do more next time. Last chance saloon, and then I’m into private. We’ll be spending all our savings on this and it may never work.

@Marvellouslymadmum I’m going to have to raise it with the consultant. I want a plan that involves testing my regularly and not fobbing me off. I’m feeling awful tbh. I don’t know how many times I can do this. IVF that works is one thing, IVF that fails is something completely different. It’s devastating.

@ShirleyValentineManc thanks. Feel like I need to take a break but I’m already looking into what tests I need for my stupid, failing body.

Please
or

kerrym87 · 28/07/2022 09:57

@thislittlebird really feel for you, I go through swings and dips of not ready to stop yet and I don't know how many times I can go through the heartbreak. One day and one step at a time, it won't always feel so devastating and overwhelming, we're here to offload to x

Please
or

thislittlebird · 28/07/2022 14:01

@kerrym87 yeah, it’s hard to get your head around it ever working once it’s failed.

I’ve ordered an expensive microbiome test, will see what that comes back with. Can’t do much more, just don’t have the money and we’ll be handing over £14k for private in the autumn probably.

We’ll transfer two next time and I’ll ask the consultant for a plan around my progesterone. I’m pretty annoyed though, upset too, just hard to envision a future with a kid.

@Sunbird24 hope you’re ok x

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.