My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss everything related to paid childcare here, including childminders, nannies, nurseries and au pairs.

Childcare

IMHO some people have gone completley batty

430 replies

RTKangaMummy · 21/04/2005 10:25

IMHO some people have gone batty

Some of the mad ideas I have read on here in last couple of days

Bonkerz the lot of them

How they treat their nannies or au pairs

They work long hours for not much pay.

There are some very fair parents who are working hard AND treat their au pair with

RESPECT

KINDNESS

But others

who spend all their time finding something to moan about.........

Why can they not treat them the same way they would like their DD to be treated if she wanted to become an au pair?

Would they want their DD to work in same circumstances?

LOOKING AFTER CHILDREN IS THE MOST IMPORTANT JOB IN THE WORLD

THEY ARE OUR FUTURE

It is also the best job in the world and the most fun,

seeing their faces when they have completed a jigsaw puzzle

learnt how to build a tower with 3 bricks

Please remember to treat others as you would like to be treated

OP posts:
tigermoth · 23/04/2005 12:09

ah yes, but you're talking about a one off or occasional happening due to a crisis, unexpected event etc. I've changed preschools for my youngest son to fit in with new work commitments, too (and not as drastic a situation as yours). Tbh I don't think it's ideal but he was ok.

Anyway I'm talking about routinely risking the ending of childcare agreements, building that risk into the contract, so to speak.

Caligula · 23/04/2005 12:17

But with au-pairs, the routine changing is almost built in, because most au-pairs only want to do it for a year or so. (Many of them are taking a year out - or a semester in the case of my best one - before going back to university.) But you build that into the equation. I chose an au-pair originally (for 2 days a week, 3 days a week childminder) because I wanted DD and DS to at least be in their home environment for a couple of days while I wasn't there; so going outside of that was only 3 days a week for them, rather than 5 days a week. But of course, the downside was that I knew she was unlikely to stay longer than about a year. Swings and roundabouts. (The joy of childcare arrangements!)

mishmash · 23/04/2005 13:03

Just wondering where RTK went and if she is okay - anyone know?

WigWamBam · 23/04/2005 13:13

Mishmash, it's a tough time for Kanga at the moment, as you can see on on of her other threads. She'll be OK, she's just rather upset at the moment.

mishmash · 23/04/2005 13:28

hope she is better soon.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.