Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Man on school run

336 replies

Frisps · 16/01/2024 11:36

I see a man every morning on the school run and he stares at me. Like a really intense look and what I can only describe as an ‘evil’ sort of angry glare look on his face. I’ve no idea why. Never spoke to him, never had any issue. He doesn’t know me or anyone I know on the school run. His children are in a different year group to mine so there is no issues there. I just always see him every morning. The first few times he did it I just smiled but now I keep trying to avoid eye contact when I go past him but I can tell he’s still doing it as I feel his eyes on me as I go past. I did think I was being paranoid but I’m definitely not. the last couple of days he’s also walked past my car when I’ve been parked and I’ve been sat in it minding my own business. I’ve looked out my windscreen and then as he’s passed my window I’ve felt his eyes on me so looked and he’s staring at me like that whilst looking into my car window at me as he passes. I’m starting to feel quite annoyed and intimidated by this. What would you do?

OP posts:
FusionChefGeoff · 16/01/2024 11:37

I'd have to address it "morning - I've noticed you always seem to catch my eye every morning, is there a reason for that? It's just I'm wondering if you've mistaken me for someone or if I've inadvertently done something to annoy you?"

MintsPi · 16/01/2024 11:38

Do you park thoughtlessly? We have parents at our school who often park on double yellows, over dropped curbs etc. Do you ever do this?

ManateeFair · 16/01/2024 11:39

I wouldn't 'do' anything.

Looking at you in a way you don't like is not a crime. I suspect he's just awkward or not particularly self-aware. You're being a bit paranoid.

Frisps · 16/01/2024 11:39

Btw this has been going on since the first day in September as my DC is in reception. The first ever time I saw him he gave me this look and I’d never seen him before

OP posts:
HP89 · 16/01/2024 11:40

Do you park thoughtlessly? We have parents at our school who often park on double yellows, over dropped curbs etc. Do you ever do this?

Ha ha I would definitely give the daggers for this!!

TheOccupier · 16/01/2024 11:40

Ignore him. You probably look like an ex of his or something like that.

Frisps · 16/01/2024 11:41

No parking issue. I always park further away so I can park considerably

OP posts:
MagpiePi · 16/01/2024 11:41

Is it his resting bitch face?

kelsaecobbles · 16/01/2024 11:41

MagpiePi · 16/01/2024 11:41

Is it his resting bitch face?

Just what I was going to say !

SaladFingerz · 16/01/2024 11:42

Is there anywhere else that you can park so you don't come across him? I know you shouldn't have to.

Jijithecat · 16/01/2024 11:42

That was my first thought are you parked like a dick? If you've parked on the zigzags, on the pavement (particularly as we're walking along it) in the turning circle, or as is the new fashion at our school just parked in the middle of the road you will find me glaring at you.

Frisps · 16/01/2024 11:43

Definitely not parked over any drives or yellow lines or anything like that. That’s definitely an issue round here too but I never have done that personally. He only seems to do this glare at me I’ve noticed. He will do it as soon as he spots me

OP posts:
LittleGreenDragons · 16/01/2024 11:43

It might be his resting bitch face. Can you sneakily have a look when he's far away and see if his face appears different when waiting for his child to come out? I look permanently grumpy even when I'm interested in a conversation/person.

kelsaecobbles · 16/01/2024 11:43

Perhaps he's noticed this strange woman who keeps looking at him ?

amylou8 · 16/01/2024 11:45

I'd completely ignore him. It's either his resting bitch face or he's ND and doesn't realise he's doing it. Or he's being a total cock for some reason. The best way of dealing with both scenarios is to act completely oblivious.

anarchicparadise · 16/01/2024 11:45

OP this is your chance to put him in his place.

”Hi, sorry do I know you? Do you know me? Why are you drawing me daggers?”

be forthright.

KissMyArt · 16/01/2024 11:48

You only have 2 choices as far as I can see.

Ignore him or speak to him.

Connected1 · 16/01/2024 11:49

I would ask him, but first I'd want to be really sure that he is glaring at you.
Is there anybody at the school gates that you could ask to discreetly look out for him, and get an opinion from them if he is really looking at you angrily - i.e. it's not just his usual expression?
Or bring a friend along who would observe him from a distance?

35965a · 16/01/2024 11:50

kelsaecobbles · 16/01/2024 11:43

Perhaps he's noticed this strange woman who keeps looking at him ?

I was thinking this too, you seem to look at or notice him a lot. It’s probably his natural resting bitch face and he’s wondering why you keep staring at him

MaggieFS · 16/01/2024 11:50

Making eye contact is normal. How do you know it's him passing your window to "feel" his eyes? You're also looking at him!

Just say a cheery morning!

MaggieNextDoor · 16/01/2024 11:52

He might be extremely short-sighted and be totally unaware he is looking in your direction. Saying you can feel his eyes on you when you're not looking at him sounds a bit precious to be honest. I would walk up to him and ask him why he is looking at you like that, but don't be surprised if he's taken aback and doesn't know what you're talking about.

Mazuslongtoenail · 16/01/2024 11:52

My first thought too. Either parking like a knob or a child who isn’t nice to others would be my dagger stare reasons.

NeedToChangeName · 16/01/2024 11:52

Honestly, I doubt very much he is glaring at you. I mean, why would he?

VisitationRights · 16/01/2024 11:55

Laugh at him. Next time he makes eye contact burst out laughing at him.

winniebeen · 16/01/2024 11:55

He might have mistaken you for someone else. I agree with others. Smile widely to make sure he doesn't just have RBF (he should return the smile) and if he doesn't say 'do I know you?'.

If you are worried about him sound this out to another parent in case he has history of being aggressive.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.