Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Will Johnson be gone before Christmas or after?

Sarahlou63 · 07/12/2021 22:38

I'm thinking the 1922 committee grandees will run out of patience fairly soon. So will Johnson stand aside to be a better parent before Christmas or will he continue to drag his party into the shit into 2022?

YABU - hangs on for grim death

YANBU - Who the fuck is Johnson?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Am I being unreasonable?

AIBU

You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

Octavia174 · 17/12/2021 18:16

Not just May, the current shower have even managed to make Jeremy Hunt look vaguely knowledgeable and competent, despite him being in significant part responsible for the shambles in social care funding

To be fair to Hunt and indeed May, these people are bound by collective decision making, If Cameron and Osbourne wouldn't give the cash for the NHS or Social Care, there was zilch Hunt could do about.
People blame May for various immigration scandals but she didn't act in a vacuum, she was carrying out cabinet policy.

BJ's explanation for the defeat is quite incredible, talk about confirming that he does believe the rules do not apply to him or his kind and makes no apology for this.

Please
or

ancientgran · 17/12/2021 18:30

@OhWhyNot

Theresa May has been far more impressive on the back benches than ever as a PM

I’m sure she is having a chuckle

I wondered if she'd be having a chuckle but then I thought she might be a nicer person than me. Grin I mean a vicar's daughter was probably brought up to be forgiving.
Please
or

ancientgran · 17/12/2021 18:33

@Octavia174

Not just May, the current shower have even managed to make Jeremy Hunt look vaguely knowledgeable and competent, despite him being in significant part responsible for the shambles in social care funding

To be fair to Hunt and indeed May, these people are bound by collective decision making, If Cameron and Osbourne wouldn't give the cash for the NHS or Social Care, there was zilch Hunt could do about.
People blame May for various immigration scandals but she didn't act in a vacuum, she was carrying out cabinet policy.

BJ's explanation for the defeat is quite incredible, talk about confirming that he does believe the rules do not apply to him or his kind and makes no apology for this.

Was that him complaining about the media going on about politics and politicians? Poor man, he doesn't realise that politics and politicians is the business he's in, it's a bit like a baker moaning about it all being about bread and cakes. That's probably where it's all going wrong. Maybe we should write and explain?
Please
or

backtolifebacktoreality · 17/12/2021 18:35

He has lied so many times that people no longer take much notice of them and just think "oh it's just Boris"!

He is an absolute disgrace!

Please
or

Happygirl79 · 17/12/2021 18:40

Boris is shameless

Please
or

GETTINGLIKEMYMOTHER · 17/12/2021 22:42

@Poetrypatty

Labour is looking pretty strong with Starmer, Lammy, Cooper, Milliband, Streeting etc. They would be far far better than what we've got now.

Miliband? You must be joking.
If it hadn’t been for Ed Miliband, having the arrogance to think he was PM material, and the hard left faction, who voted him in, then IMO we would never have had the shitshow we’ve got now.

We’d have had David Miliband as PM, and we’d never have had Cameron or Brexit. IMO of course.
Please
or

Sarahlou63 · 18/12/2021 21:35

So (according to the Fail) Lord David Frost (knighted for his, ahem, sterling work on Brexit) has resigned.

All in all, it's just another brick in the wall. The wall Humpty Boris is teetering on.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Eleganz · 18/12/2021 22:18

Boris will need to be pushed, he will not jump willingly. He has no shame and no sense of honour at all.

Of course he'll hang on till after Christmas as Carrie will want to enjoy her designer wall paper over Crimbo whilst they try and ignore as much of the government advice as they can.

Please
or

Skiptheheartsandflowers · 18/12/2021 22:22

Frost's resignation was a BBC breaking news alert earlier so there must be confirmation beyond the Mail. Apparently in protest at the political direction of the government. Will increase the reluctance to impose any more restrictions then, I expect

Please
or

applecatchers36 · 18/12/2021 22:56

Boris will need to be pushed, he will not jump willingly. He has no shame and no sense of honour at all.

Of course he'll hang on till after Christmas as Carrie will want to enjoy her designer wall paper over Crimbo whilst they try and ignore as much of the government advice as they can

💯 We can't hear you 🙉

Please
or

longwayoff · 19/12/2021 07:46

Anyone got tips on how to take wallpaper with you when moving house? Don't want to leave it, it was expensive. Asking for a friend.

Please
or

thecatfromjapan · 19/12/2021 07:51

The New Year will see the effects of Brexit kicking in more strongly. The honeymoon period with regard to paperwork for trade with the EU comes to an end.

Plus there's going be increasing scrutiny of 'trade deals'.

I suspect that's the real reason Frost's going.

And his published 'reasons' are cutting favour with what he perceives to be the dominant wing of the Party.

🤷‍♀️

Please
or

thecatfromjapan · 19/12/2021 07:57

Anyway.

More joy:

https://twitter.com/samcoatessky/status/1472331053775958016?s=21

There are two leakers of this WhatsApp spat. Not just one.

And, as the WhatsApp group acknowledge, there isn't going to be a Leadership challenge imminently.

But there is cabal-forming, open re-alignment going on, and support draining from Johnson.

All of which leads to blood-letting and leaks and counter-leaks.

As someone who thinks Johnson is the worst possible PM, at the worst possible time, I guess I should be pleased.

But I'm not.

I'm just sad that any of this happened. And that it's all continuing to be a terrible mess, in the middle of a pandemic, when we need so much better.

Please
or

Kennykenkencat · 19/12/2021 23:55

But there is cabal-forming, open re-alignment going on, and support draining from Johnson

There might well be but you can’t be certain.
When any support for the PM is silenced then you might well be surrounded by people making the noises you want but you don’t really know what they are thinking,

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.