Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To be fucked off about my Saturday night

158 replies

Quebeth · 30/11/2019 21:48

I’m just looking for a rant and some solidarity if I’m honest.

My kids are 2 and 5. They are good girls but fucking shite sleepers. Usually DH deals with one at bedtime and I deal with the other. DH is out on a rare night out tonight and the pair of them are taking the utter piss.

The two year old has just gone over. The five year old is having a tantrum (overtired) because she “hates sleeping” so I am lying in bed with her while she rolls around and moans at me.

All over Facebook people are out enjoying their Saturday night. I haven’t even had my tea yet let alone a glass of wine. And when she finally goes to sleep I’ll go and clean the fucking kitchen then go to my bed.

I am so so tired of the drudgery. There is no fun any more. Even when we get babysitters the five year old is always fucking still awake when we get home so we can’t relax and it’s not worth it because we still have to do the bedtime battle after a night out.

I’m about ready for leaving tonight.

OP posts:
creamcoolfudge · 30/11/2019 21:49
Hmm
Quebeth · 30/11/2019 21:50

What’s confusing toy?

OP posts:
GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat · 30/11/2019 21:51

Sleep train! They’re far too old to be putting on this performance every night.

creamcoolfudge · 30/11/2019 21:52

It can be shit OP but I was a bit Hmm at the ready for walking out and complaints about drudgery.

You have two very young children. That’s how it is, isn’t it?

Quebeth · 30/11/2019 21:52

I don’t know how. I don’t have the energy. I will look into it.

OP posts:
Quebeth · 30/11/2019 21:53

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Tonii1985 · 30/11/2019 21:54

YANBU OP - it's so hard sometimes. This too shall pass xxx

creamcoolfudge · 30/11/2019 21:54

Seriously? I was actually saying that in a sympathetic kind of way. I’ve young kids myself. But there’s no way I could be living it up in a bar or something because I’ve got young kids!

MistyCloud · 30/11/2019 21:54

What do you want people to say @Quebeth ??? Confused

MistyCloud · 30/11/2019 21:55

Telling people to fuck off isn't going to get you any sympathy.

PawPawNoodle · 30/11/2019 21:55

Put them up for adoption and have yourself a nice glass of wine down the pub x

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat · 30/11/2019 21:56

Gosh you’re really aggressive to people! Wow.

Floralnomad · 30/11/2019 21:56

Do they share a room , if not just put her in her room and tell her you don’t care how long she stays awake playing but she is not to come out unless it’s to use the loo . Staying with her is just encouraging her to roll about and moan as she has an audience .

CodenameVillanelle · 30/11/2019 21:56

It's perfectly acceptable to be hugely fucked off with the difficult bits of parenting and to have a moan about it. No Hmm required.
OP that sounds bloody hard and you need some professional help with her sleep. Can you pay for a sleep consultant? (Assuming they exist)

Quebeth · 30/11/2019 21:56

I know all this. I know it’s meant to be hard and i can’t go to bars etc. Is it too much to ask to have a couple of hours to myself that don’t involve housework or children or work?

I’m not really looking for anyone to say anything I just wanted a space to vent. But thanks.

OP posts:
Xmasbaby11 · 30/11/2019 21:57

That sounds so tough. Mine are 5 and 7 and currently very spirited at bedtime. It's thr hardest time of day to be pushed as you're knackered and just want to start your child free evening. I often feel like I have nothing to give by then. Unfortunately you do have to be tough, do it with your dh and put whatever sanctions in place to make it work.

morriseysquif · 30/11/2019 21:57

You sound done in. You need to sleep train them both, they are ruling the roost! It will be short term pain, long term gain.

Quebeth · 30/11/2019 21:57

If I don’t stay with her she simply will not stay in the room. I have tried this. We have a large backstory with her sleep.

OP posts:
creamcoolfudge · 30/11/2019 21:57

Well yeah, you can. I’m guessing if DH is out then you can also have a night off, so to speak?

Truth of it is though OP, sleep training is a must Flowers

And it’s true, I withdraw the Hmm

user1471441839 · 30/11/2019 21:57

You're allowed to vent on here. We've all felt like walking out. I hope you get some good advice and support on here. @creamcoolfudge is just here to goad you. Ignore and listen to the good posters.

gothefcktosleep · 30/11/2019 21:57

You’re hungry and you need a glass of wine!! Everything is so much worse when you haven’t been able to look after yourself and the kids are playing you. They’re little sodding button pushers. Mine cackles her head off when I tell her no.

Hope the 5 yr old falls asleep soundly very soon for you. Don’t clean the kitchen, devour a bag of chocolate. You need a night off by the sounds of it.

Welshy545 · 30/11/2019 21:58

Xx

DCITennison · 30/11/2019 21:59

You have my sympathy actually. Not in the slightest bit diminished by expletives either.

It can all feel far too much sometimes, relentless selflessness and, yes, drudgery.

It will get better. I promise.

Quebeth · 30/11/2019 22:00

Thank you x

OP posts:
chachachachachacha · 30/11/2019 22:00

That's tough and I don't agree that's just how young kids are, the two year old yes but not 5. They can sleep and she is taking the piss at her age. I'd let her tantrum. Keep returning her to bed and shut the door. She'll figure out eventually that bed time is actually bed time.

You should be able to sit down and have tea and a wine.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.