I heard this earlier on the radio.
It didn't give proper information though, just said that he'd stepped down amid allegations and Jo Cox's family were supporting him.
Which they have to do really, because of the children. They can't risk being unsupportive and losing contact with her boys, but you would imagine they have a lot more they would like to say about him privately.
I was finding it confusing as the reports seem short on information, but from what I can gather there is a police report from October 2015 which says he touched the woman inappropriately, grabbed her hips several times, pulled her hair, and forced his thumb into her mouth in a sexual way.
The woman who made this complaint accuses him of assault and battery, and he disputed and is still disputing her claims, calling parts of it a massive exaggeration. The report I found said that this claim has been dropped but it's unclear why. Her name has been redacted.
New York Times Report here
This complaint happened a month after he left Save The Children because of "inappropriate behaviour" when complaints were made against him by female members of staff.
Mail On Sunday Report here This report was in 2015.
There's a quote that says several women at Save The Children complained about Brendan Cox and nothing was done. When they threatened to make a fuss, Brendan Cox and someone called Justin Forsyth both resigned.
He had married Jo Cox in 2009 and she was killed in 2016, so you would expect her and by extension her family to be aware of the accusations, given that they were reported in the national press at the time. I wonder what was said by him to them at the time, and if this has some bearing on why they're standing by him now.
I hope if there are other women out there, they feel supported and believed about coming forward.