Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Would you tell your friend to get lost?

269 replies

user1498051868 · 30/06/2017 21:50

Me and 2 friends are going for a weekend away,staying in quite a nice hotel.
We are driving down in friends car.
I packed a small suitcase (the smallest size ) and 15 mins ago she texts saying "can't bring a case,boot has alcohol in etc so we are taking a small hold-all...I said I haven't got one and we are leaving at 7 am in the morning.
She replied use carrier bags?????
I said no.
Why tell me this late when there's nothing I can do
Would you be annoyed ?

OP posts:
PollytheDolly · 30/06/2017 22:49

It's like she is purposely trying to humiliate you.

Most definitely Angry

Sugarpiehoneyeye · 30/06/2017 22:51

OP, didn't you pay for them on your credit card ?
Have they paid you back ?
They are nasty girls, they are being cruel to you, and you deserve so much more my Lovely.

LionsOnTour · 30/06/2017 22:51

They both went out today and bought a bag specifically

I'm amazed that out of three people (plus their households) not a single person has a holdall, rucksack or gym bag or something else that's in between a plastic 'Tesco bag' and a suitcase. 🤷🏻‍♀️

BTW I stay in plenty of five star hotels and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest to walk in with a bag for life bag with a few clothes in. It's only a weekend...you can't have much stuff surely???

BTW (2) If I were you OP I'd drop these friends. You don't like them so there isn't any point hanging out with them.

lougle · 30/06/2017 23:00

Whether she has a bag is besides the point. They've deliberately told her about this too late for her to get a bag that she's happy with, so that she looks disorganised and less cool than them. It's horrible behaviour.

Gemini69 · 30/06/2017 23:01

you actually consider these people as... Friends ????????

Foniks · 30/06/2017 23:03

Cancel the booking and don't reply to any calls or texts. Let the bitches work it out for themselves. They sound really horrible, and purposely mean to you for no reason. Ditch them. Asap. You can find better friends.

streetlightoff · 30/06/2017 23:03

They sound like they've set you up to "be the weird one" in the group, probably due to spite or jealousy or boredom. I'd pull out if I were you.

LionsOnTour · 30/06/2017 23:05

Is the friend driving the one who drives badly...70 in a 30 zone? If the other two people have dropped out are you going to be liable for the hotel room?

streetlightoff · 30/06/2017 23:06

PS Call your credit card and say its damaged/lost and cancel it, you can do this now.

PlayingSardines · 30/06/2017 23:11

OP, you got lots of really good advice about asserting yourself around these people, who are not really your friends, on your other thread, but this thread is a pretty much identical rerun. It bothers you enough to post about it on the internet, but you won't do anything about it. Why not? Are you so desperate for their friendship that being belittled and disregarded is actually more appealing than not seeing them? Do you really want to go to Manchester with people who think you're less important than beer and unused car seats? Did they pay you for the hotel?

ChasedByBees · 30/06/2017 23:11

OP you need to have more self respect to not get into dangerous positions. Travelling in the boot of a car was so very unsafe.

Equally here, it's not acceptable. Can you get a train / taxi there? Do you have to share a room with them?

Imstickingwiththisone · 30/06/2017 23:17

OP these people aren't nice and they're belittling and using you for their entertainment. They won't suddenly start being nice, they'll get even worse so just fuck them off now. Honestly no friends is better than this and they will not help your self confidence.

I read your other thread. There are loads of people your age who have found their friendship circles have shrunk and join groups to actively seek new friends. You should do the same Flowers

Butterymuffin · 30/06/2017 23:22

Once I read where you were going, I was going to advise you to get a train there instead, and leave them to travel in the booze loaded car and pick up your share of the petrol money.

However, I think the suggestion of just cancelling the booking is now looking like a promising alternative. Have any of them paid you their share? If not, when were they supposedly going to? Is it cancellable - many chains allow you to cancel up till about 12/1pm on the day of arrival?

Ellie56 · 30/06/2017 23:25

Agree with everything everyone else is saying OP. This spiteful pair are not your friends. They are bullies and just taking the piss out of you. Don't go. Just text and say you've changed your mind. And if these so called "friends" haven't already paid you for their share of the hotel you are going to find your credit card taking the hit for the full amount. If they haven't paid up ring the credit card company tonight and cancel the card. Tell them someone took your card and used it to make a hotel booking/ used it fraudulently without your knowledge and they will stop that card and issue you a new one.

You deserve much better than this toxic pair. Stop letting them walk all over you. Find some better friends.You don't need them.

DoggoslothladyA · 30/06/2017 23:31

Don't go OP. Find some new friends, these two sound horrid. Any normal person would be happy to move a car seat or rearrange things so everything could fit into the car.
Ring the hotel asap. I guarantee you will not have a fun trip and end up feeling worse than you do now Flowers

Ginkypig · 30/06/2017 23:33

I don't understand why a small suitcase is not ok but a hold-all is, if it's anything like my small case then there is hardly any difference in size except possibly that the case has two small wheels on it.

By the way after this trip (if you go) I want you to take a big step back and really have a think about these people.
This is going to sound harsh and I don't mean it to because I know you've said you don't have many friends but its better to have no one than people who treat you like and make you feel like crap

indigox · 30/06/2017 23:36

Arriving at a "nice" hotel, with crates of cans and clothes in carrier bags? Classy. Confused

memyselfandaye · 30/06/2017 23:39

Another one saying don't go, they are'nt friends!

Why do you want to spend time with these people? They're twats and you need to dump them, did they pay you back?

ThumbWitchesAbroad · 30/06/2017 23:40

Wait, have you paid the whole hotel bill for all of you? Eek!

I'd sack it off, I really would. Cancel your room and don't go.
They're hugely taking the piss out of you, and as for "too much faff to take the carseats out" - what a load of old shit that is! Shock

Please don't put yourself through this. :(

2017SoFarSoGood · 30/06/2017 23:41

User I feel so bad for you, but you know deep down that these are not your friends, right? The way they treat you is not acceptable. It seems like they are pushing to see just how much you will take. Don't accept that from anyone.

Please tell them to have fun with their new holdalls and three crates of beer. The price of your share of the hotel is a small loss when you gain a future without these horrendous people in it.

Flowers

Thinkingblonde · 30/06/2017 23:41

Gird your ovaries and stand up for your self,

1. No way would I get into the boot.
  2. Stop lending them money, ask for any money back, keep on at them until they do repay you.!
  3. Take your case and put it under your feet in the footwell.
hoddtastic · 30/06/2017 23:43

i am pretty sure they sell beer in Manchester. Which hotel is it?

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

Nocabbageinmyeye · 30/06/2017 23:48

Two things you need to remember here op:

1. People judge you by the company you keep and

1. Sometimes it's worth losing some money, you will gain self respect, dignity and better friendships, they are worth a lot more than the price of a hotel room

Dump them!
gamerchick · 30/06/2017 23:49

If this is real they don't like you very much OP. You're being a voluntary mug.

They can't finish the booking at the hotel without your card. Tell them you're not going and to have a nice time.

emmyrose2000 · 30/06/2017 23:51

I remember your other thread. Why didn't you take the advice from countless posters there to cancel the card, thus cancelling the booking? It's probably not too late to do that now.

Let these other women turn up with their crates of beer and find the booking has been cancelled, or that they at least have to provide their own funds to pay for it. Because if you think they're going to pay you their share if you do go, I think you're very much mistaken.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.