Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Would you tell your friend to get lost?

269 replies

user1498051868 · 30/06/2017 21:50

Me and 2 friends are going for a weekend away,staying in quite a nice hotel.
We are driving down in friends car.
I packed a small suitcase (the smallest size ) and 15 mins ago she texts saying "can't bring a case,boot has alcohol in etc so we are taking a small hold-all...I said I haven't got one and we are leaving at 7 am in the morning.
She replied use carrier bags?????
I said no.
Why tell me this late when there's nothing I can do
Would you be annoyed ?

OP posts:
FrancisCrawford · 02/07/2017 17:12

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Queenofthebrae · 02/07/2017 17:18

Could it be that she's jealous of you op?

She doesn't sound like a v nice person. If it were me I'd be keeping my distance. Best to surround yourself with people who make you happy not people who bully you.

Ellisandra · 02/07/2017 17:21

No, she doesn't like you.
She likes being a bitch though, and she needs an outlet for that - and you'll do.

My poor little sister went through this, albeit as a schoolgirl. 5 years of 3 girls picking on her every fucking day, bullying any other child who she seemed to get on with to scare them off. She's in life long therapy from 5 years of hell where her choice was zero friends or be in a 'group' but that group kept her as a verbal punch bag for their own amusement Angry

But she was at school and there was nowhere to run.

You are an adult - walk the fuck away NOW.

Brittbugs80 · 02/07/2017 17:22

Lisa sounds like a twat.

I'd either cut her off or fade her out slowly, whichever you feel best with.

HurtyTeeth · 02/07/2017 17:25

Did the extra girl car share with the rest of you? So a car seat was taken out to accommodate her?

Annonymiss123 · 02/07/2017 17:27

They sound like teenage bullies, not women in their 30's!

I hope they paid their way.

Walk away now OP and don't look back. Better things await you. Flowers

pudcat · 02/07/2017 17:29

Did they pay for their rooms, and I hope nothing was added on your card. Now is the time to go no contact.

user1495915742 · 02/07/2017 17:30

Please let them go. They sound hideous and you are far better off without them.

There are lots of lovely people out there. Please don't waste any more time on these losers.

user1498051868 · 02/07/2017 17:37

Yeah they removed the both car seats actually and had 1 crate of lager with the seatbelt on.
The girl I never met was really nice and we came back to hotel earlier than them and she was saying how "Lisa" likes to rule the roost.
I enjoy the normal really spa days/shopping/going to new places/meals out/cocktail bars/cinema /bowling etc
Luckily I have a good friend who isn't associated with these girls and I honestly trust her with my life but she has a young child so don't see each other often but text talk daily and she's a true friend.
Lisa has always been the same ..comments on what I'm wearing etc etc
Will say oh I don't like that top then 3 weeks later will be wearing a near identical one.
I don't get her at all..

OP posts:
DAMNgina · 02/07/2017 17:43

I don't think you need to 'get' Lisa, you just need to get away from her...

Did they pay for their share of everything?

SparklyMagpie · 02/07/2017 17:47

PLEASE and i'll scream it from the rooftops, tell me they paid their way and gave you money back?!

You need to cut them off, i'm actually horrified with how you've let them treat you!

TaliZorahVasNormandy · 02/07/2017 17:48

Lisa is an jealous, insecure, immature bitch face. Ditch it before it wears you down.

SparklyMagpie · 02/07/2017 17:51

Actually i know what the answer will be Sad

Wish i lived near to you OP i'd show you how a real friend would treat you!

It's obvious over the carrier bag comments? They just wanted to humiliate you. You went and it's done now but c'mon OP, i feel for you i really do and it's obvious you are a very lovely person, but it will keep happening unless you walk away

Is there anything you like doing in which you could join a club? Meet some new friends whilst enjoying yourself?

namechangefox · 02/07/2017 18:08

I'm glad it's over. Did you enjoy any of it?

I hope they paid their share. They haven't treated you fairly so I doubt they have.

It hurts when a friendship ends, as the end of any relationship. But you'll recover. You don't need to be putting yourself through this.

It's an abusive relationship. If a partner treated you like that we'd all be yelling 'LTB'.

So here, leave the bitch. Be happy. X

BenLui · 02/07/2017 18:11

OP it doesn't matter whether she likes you, I rather think the question is why would you like her?

Cloudyapples · 02/07/2017 18:14

Doesn't sound like a friend at all op. I'd leave them to it from now on.

No friends is better than mean friends.

Sounds like Lisa likes to put you down to make herself feel better. Maybe without you around she'll turn on someone else and then they will realise what she is really like?

Buxtonstill · 02/07/2017 18:38

Ditch them. You are worth more than the contempt they treat you with.

hopefullygood · 02/07/2017 18:43

Hi op

Wow I just want to say they sound horrible! If you were their friend they really shouldn't treat you like this! My daughter has issues like this in school (she's a child) and I hate it! As adults "friends" shouldn't treat each other this way!

You asked if we think she doesn't like you? I think she maybe doesn't like herself because any decent person wouldn't treat a friend this way. If she doesn't like you she shouldn't be your friend instead of inviting you to things and behaving like a bitch!

Now you have done the trip I think you should cut them out of your life and maybe try to meet new friends?

I came across a website Called Meetup.com and you can meet people with similar interests to you etc - you sound like a nice person and it's not fair for you to be treated like this by your so-called friends SadEnvy

OfficerVanHalen · 02/07/2017 18:54

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kali110 · 02/07/2017 18:54

These aren't your friends.
Did they pay? Or take it they didnt?

OliviaBenson · 02/07/2017 18:56

Did you pay for everything op?

She doesn't like you. You have no reason to like her after her behaviour. Glad it's over for you.

honeyroar · 02/07/2017 19:07

The new girls sounds nicer, you probably were better off sharing with her anyway! You should stay in touch with her and drop the rest.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

user1498051868 · 02/07/2017 19:20

Everyone did pay themselves yeah.
I honestly enjoyed the alone shopping better myself.
It's strange because a girl who she claims to be her "best friend" she totally slagged off saying she hates her etc
So it's not just me she does it too...

OP posts:
Donttouchthethings · 02/07/2017 19:21

Crumbs. OP, you sound lovely and they sound like proper arseholes. Stop wondering how they feel about you and start focussing on how you feel. If it's not obvious that they're abusive to you, please believe the rest of us on here and walk away from them. Now. Just do it.

DAMNgina · 02/07/2017 19:23

Well, thank fuck for that.

What do you think you're going to do?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.