Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Would you tell your friend to get lost?

269 replies

user1498051868 · 30/06/2017 21:50

Me and 2 friends are going for a weekend away,staying in quite a nice hotel.
We are driving down in friends car.
I packed a small suitcase (the smallest size ) and 15 mins ago she texts saying "can't bring a case,boot has alcohol in etc so we are taking a small hold-all...I said I haven't got one and we are leaving at 7 am in the morning.
She replied use carrier bags?????
I said no.
Why tell me this late when there's nothing I can do
Would you be annoyed ?

OP posts:
Baileyscheesecake · 30/06/2017 22:18

Go on this trip with them and then afterwards ditch them and find some other friends who will treat you better Flowers

pinkblink · 30/06/2017 22:19

Most cars have two seats in the front?

I wouldn't go they sound like dickheads, I'd rather have no friends than ones who treat me badly

user1498051868 · 30/06/2017 22:19

I'm not sure of make of car but it's a 5 seater

OP posts:
Tottyandmarchpane1 · 30/06/2017 22:19

Just send message back saying sorry too late, am packed now. Will help you take the car seat out and put it back in when we get back and you can leave it at mine but sorry I do need to room. If she kicks off I'd just say you'd rather not go if it's that big a deal. And seriously, who takes that much booze. How old are they - 18?!

Brittbugs80 · 30/06/2017 22:19

Is this the Manchester trip you're going on? Where you've paid the hotel and your twatty friends are telling you which car you can and cannot travel in?

AyeAmarok · 30/06/2017 22:21

User, don't go. These people aren't your friends.

user1498051868 · 30/06/2017 22:21

Brit- yeah that's the one

OP posts:
Annonymiss123 · 30/06/2017 22:21

I wouldnt arrive at a hotel with my stuff in carrier bags. Jusy put your bag on your lap

Not in a million years would I check into a hotel with my clothes in carrier bags!

I'm sure the "quite nice hotel" are going to be thrilled at you all turning up with 3 crates of beer and your clothes in a carrier bag.

Exactly!

I was literally in the boot of the car ..only 5 min journey but they found it hilarious.

Not only was that a horrible thing to make you do, it was also very dangerous. If there had been an accident, you could have been seriously injured - or killed!

Brittbugs80 · 30/06/2017 22:21

pinkblink I read it as the driving friend was taking three of them and that the poster was having to sit in the back while the other two sat next to the driver!

SavoyCabbage · 30/06/2017 22:21

Good god! Don't go. Write the money off. Go on Mumsnet local or just put it on this thread roughly where you live and start some new friendships.

Tottyandmarchpane1 · 30/06/2017 22:22

God they do sound truly awful. I'd text now say you don't feel well and won't be able to join.

Dishevelled09 · 30/06/2017 22:23

Firstly i read this and thought fair enough but they're acting like a pair of cows. So they've bought holdall's to go in a nice hotel with but leave it til now til tell you& suggest you use carriers? Try borrowing a holdall or have you got a rucksack? They don't sound like mates to me. You don't need mates like that. None are better than to have the piss taken out of you. Re car seats, sheer lazyness.

user1498051868 · 30/06/2017 22:23

I'm so pleased you don't think I'm over reacting.
I was starting to doubt myself if I was a drama queen

OP posts:
user1498051868 · 30/06/2017 22:24

I would of bought a cheap ruck sack from primark but it didn't enter my head that it might not fit

OP posts:
lostpigeon · 30/06/2017 22:25

Glad people are now agreeing with you, as soon as I read your post, I was, don't bother with this lot, they sound like they are taking the p* massively!

RandomDent · 30/06/2017 22:25

Whatever you've paid its worth it to get out of this non-friendship. They are arses. Don't go, please.

lostpigeon · 30/06/2017 22:26

It will fit in, they are just being very stupid, probably worse than stupid, more like bitchy!

SolomanDaisy · 30/06/2017 22:26

Omg, they're horrible. Don't go. Don't ever see them again.

FrancisCrawford · 30/06/2017 22:27

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BadToTheBone · 30/06/2017 22:29

If there's genuinely no room, then I'd just fling my things in a bag for life BUT there is room, they're just big knobs and deliberately obstructive. I'd tell them to piss off and find some new friends.

DJBaggySmalls · 30/06/2017 22:29

Don't go to a nice hotel with your stuff in carrier bags and a car full of booze. It wont end well.

user1498051868 · 30/06/2017 22:29

My friend wouldn't dare talk to any of her other friends the way she talks to me...
I can stick up for myself and even when I do she doesn't take me serious.

OP posts:

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

TheweewitchRoz · 30/06/2017 22:30

Oh Op, they sound like shitty friends. Hope you manage to enjoy yourself anyway.

WhatchaMaCalllit · 30/06/2017 22:31

I'd be contacting the hotel at this point and asking them if there is any way that they could refund you even part of the cost of your stay (due to the lateness of you cancelling) and I'd be saying to the hotel that they reason you're unable to visit this time is that you've come down with a 24 hr vomiting bug or something. Then I'd send a text to these 'friends' saying that you're not willing to bring your belongings into a hotel in carrier bags while they bring theirs in new holdalls and if they can't see how wrongly they are treating you then you don't want them to contact you. Also how they thought it was acceptable for you to travel in the boot of the car and how unsafe that was had there been an accident. Then turn off your phone, run a bath, open a bottle of wine and chill out. Learn to enjoy your own company. When you're happy in your own company others will be drawn to you and want to be in your company too. These 'friends' are not true friends.
(Sorry this was so long).

lougle · 30/06/2017 22:31

This isn't a 'cutting your nose off to spite your face" situation', this is a 'drawing a line in the sand' situation. I really don't think you should let them treat you like this. You are better than this Flowers

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.