Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Would you tell your friend to get lost?

269 replies

user1498051868 · 30/06/2017 21:50

Me and 2 friends are going for a weekend away,staying in quite a nice hotel.
We are driving down in friends car.
I packed a small suitcase (the smallest size ) and 15 mins ago she texts saying "can't bring a case,boot has alcohol in etc so we are taking a small hold-all...I said I haven't got one and we are leaving at 7 am in the morning.
She replied use carrier bags?????
I said no.
Why tell me this late when there's nothing I can do
Would you be annoyed ?

OP posts:
Mrbrownstone · 30/06/2017 22:31

They sound like absolute bitches. And like they are trying to make you look & feel stupid. I wouldn't bother with them

StickThatInYourPipe · 30/06/2017 22:32

Trust me OP get out now. 3 woman are very rarely a recipe for success and it sounds like these two are not worth the effort!

unfortunateevents · 30/06/2017 22:33

I think turning up with your belongings in carrier bags at a nice hotel is the least of your worries if you are being followed in by your "friends" with a crate of beer under each arm! Seriously, assuming that you are staying at the hotel for two nights, that means she is assuming that you will each drink 6 cans of beer each night while getting ready? As you probably weren't planning on drinking anything like that much before even going out, that probably means they are actually going to drink more. What time are they planning on starting to get ready in order to get thought that amount of booze - lunchtime?!

Theresnonamesleft · 30/06/2017 22:34

Have no mates is better than having these two horrible people as mates. They are demeaning you - getting you to get in the boot, carrier bags into a hotel.
Ditch them. Your confidence will improve without these two nasty people bringing
You down.

BewtySkoolDropowt · 30/06/2017 22:34

I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of bothering saying what whatchamacallit suggests. Something for them to snigger over.

They are a pair of bitches, they want to make you look daft. You are better than that.

I'd message 'ah, it's ok. I didn't really want to go anyway'.

And then delete their numbers.

And see if you can get money back from the hotel. But even if not, it's a cheap price to pay to get rid of two people that are taking advantage - and have done for some time by the sounds of it.

mydietstartsmonday · 30/06/2017 22:36

You know what, they are shits and are belittling you at every turn. If I remember rightly the hotel is on your card. If there is any y you can walk away from this do. Have they paid you their share of the money?

daisychainagain · 30/06/2017 22:36

Eww these 2 sound like bitches. Dump them.

BewtySkoolDropowt · 30/06/2017 22:37

Oh, and because I think this might be picked up:

Journalists that pick up stories like this to use in their puerile publications are lazy arseholes that clearly couldn't make it as a proper journalist, writing about actual news stories.

PengiQuin · 30/06/2017 22:40

You'll have a shit time OP, with these horrible people. Stay home and do something nice for yourself Flowers

If it's on your card, I'd actually cancel the whole thing and not tell them. But I'm petty Wink

unfortunateevents · 30/06/2017 22:40

Wait, now I realise you are the poster who got suckered into using your credit card to guarantee the booking. I thought there were five of you going? And you were going in your friend's mum's car (or someone's mum's car)? What happened to all that?

twisterinyogapants · 30/06/2017 22:41

Why can't you put it in the car seat or in front of it ? Make this your last trip with them. Why do you let them treat you like this?

buddhasbelly · 30/06/2017 22:41

OP Flowers

lostpigeon · 30/06/2017 22:41

Why can't they buy the beer when they get there....they are sounding even classier now, swigging WARM cans of lager while getting ready.

Where you going OP, I could be in here (joke)

KirstyLaura · 30/06/2017 22:42

You sound young op? My younger sister is just like this, puts up with crappy friends rather than be friendless. I don't get it, i'd rather have no one than people who shit all over me. If they cared anything about you at all, they'd take at least one of the car seats out so that you could be comfortable instead of squeezing you in the middle. How fucking selfish can they be??

expatinscotland · 30/06/2017 22:42

I'd sit the case on my lap.

MagicMojito · 30/06/2017 22:43

Flowers Your self esteem must be at rock bottom. You can clearly see that they treat you terribbly but go back for more as you seem to think its better than the alternative of having no one Sad

Honestly cutting these people out of your life will do you the world of good, dont accept their shittiness any longer, you dont need them. You really do deserve better than your getting x

DianneDionne · 30/06/2017 22:44

My 'friends' used to do this sort of thing to me but I put up with it as I had so few friends. I did eventually ditch them and suddenly found I'd gained new friends who hadn't bothered previously because the others put them off.

Please don't go, get rid of them - you deserve more.

MagentaRocks · 30/06/2017 22:44

Please don't go. They are awful to you. They are not your friends.

PollytheDolly · 30/06/2017 22:46

Good grief. Don't go. Ditch your "friends". I'd rather be on my own than put up with those twats.

You sound really nice. They don't deserve you.

BewtySkoolDropowt · 30/06/2017 22:46

Oh wait - you booked it?

In that case - cancel cancel cancel. Even if you don't get your money back.

Let the two bitches turn up to no booking.

ijustwannadance · 30/06/2017 22:48

They seem to hate you, sorry.

Travelling in the boot even for 5 minutes is so bloody stupid and dangerous.

Like PP said, the cases af beer are better in footwells behind front seats. She's being even more ridiculous not taking the car seats out which would also give you plenty of space.

My small suitcase is smaller than my DP's holdall. It's like she is purposely trying to humiliate you.

Fluffypinkpyjamas · 30/06/2017 22:48

Wait, you're sitting in the back crammed between two car seats with no kids in them? And you're not "allowed" to put case in footwell? Tell them to get to fuck and don't go. They're dicks

This exactly. They sound dreadful.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

CashelGirl · 30/06/2017 22:48

Yes,tell them to get lost. They Are taking the piss out of you. they are proper childish mean girls. And now you have seen that about them, you can't unsee it. Continuing to hang out with them is just going to sap your confidence and self esteem. You can take back the upper hand by removing yourself from their orbit. You will meet new people and make new friends.

lostpigeon · 30/06/2017 22:48

oh yes!!! CANCEL it, brilliant.

Madwoman5 · 30/06/2017 22:49

Stick it in the carseat. What sort of asshole would prioritise unused carseats over room for cases?
Or
Tell them to stick the seats in your house. Start putting your foot down op.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.