Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Would you tell your friend to get lost?

269 replies

user1498051868 · 30/06/2017 21:50

Me and 2 friends are going for a weekend away,staying in quite a nice hotel.
We are driving down in friends car.
I packed a small suitcase (the smallest size ) and 15 mins ago she texts saying "can't bring a case,boot has alcohol in etc so we are taking a small hold-all...I said I haven't got one and we are leaving at 7 am in the morning.
She replied use carrier bags?????
I said no.
Why tell me this late when there's nothing I can do
Would you be annoyed ?

OP posts:
frozenfairy123 · 02/07/2017 19:40

Lisa is jealous of u! U need to dump her and all her minions!!!
Life is too short for people that make u feel crap!

user1498051868 · 02/07/2017 19:42

Well she asked me out next weekend I said no ..I'm going to gradually just distance myself.
I haven't got the energy anymore if I'm honest.
I don't need people who put me down in my life

OP posts:
DAMNgina · 02/07/2017 19:44

Brilliant news, and a very good plan.

No drama needed - save all your energy for yourself and all the good good people who are out there.

IJustLostTheGame · 02/07/2017 19:46

Do they wear pink on Wednesdays?

plominoagain · 02/07/2017 19:49

Well done for saying no, OP , that's a start ! People like her are just joy suckers , that's why you haven't got the energy . You sound like a lovely person and you deserve much much better than her .

BMW6 · 02/07/2017 19:51

Good plan OP.
Sometimes you come across sad people who get off on keeping a person around to use as an emotional punchbag.
Sounds like that is what you (and others) are to Lisa. She feels better by making you feel small.

I would not piss on her if she was on fire. Nor should you. Flowers

angieloumc · 02/07/2017 20:11

Aw OP, you sound lovely.
'Lisa' sounds nasty. You're better off without a frenemy like her.

SavoyCabbage · 02/07/2017 21:31

You do sound lovely and there are lots of people who have been reading about you and rooting for you. Hoping that you would come out unscathed. You don't need to be friends with cows. 🐮

Gemini69 · 02/07/2017 22:04

good girl... learn to say No before saying Yes...

and your doing the right thing.. these people are scum x

ProphetOfDoom · 02/07/2017 22:28

So your best friend has a child. You can still do nice things with her, with child in tow or not. Good friendships are always worth your time.

Always be too busy to spend time with Lisa.

ThumbWitchesAbroad · 02/07/2017 23:28

Sounds like it's a good thing that Strange Girl came along too or you'd have had a really rotten time!
Well done for standing your ground and not letting this shit get you down - and well done for deciding to let this somewhat toxic "friendship" go, because I think you're right, "Lisa" isn't that keen on you.

And I bet the reason she was snotty with you was because you had a holdall after all...

user1498051868 · 03/07/2017 08:54

Thanks again for all the helpful advice and just positive thoughts.
Sometimes you wonder is it me? But this time I honestly don't think I've done nothing to warrant her being so bitchy (well except being a soft touch)
Anyway ...onwards and upwards and all that jazz

OP posts:
DAMNgina · 03/07/2017 09:01

You're an amazing woman OP and absolutely correct with you summation.

Don't be surprised if Lisa starts to be super nice and the girl you used to know if/when she senses you pulling away.

And don't fall for it either if she does.

Do use those Meet up groups etc to meet new people as well as your real friend.

Lots of happiness in store for you in the future.

rightwhine · 03/07/2017 09:13

Who needs "friends" like that.

That's not a definition of friendship in my dictionary.

livefornaps · 03/07/2017 09:19

Good that you've said no and keep saying no! Don't think of it as losing a friend (she's not a friend, she deliberately belittles & humiliates you), but instead see it as making room for proper friends. Why should Lisa take up all that time and headspace? Lisa has no right to it. See it as a spring clean. You'all feel much freer and happier for it.

woodhill · 03/07/2017 09:31

Did they pay you back OP. Sound nasty.

Is one a mum presumably?

unfortunateevents · 03/07/2017 09:39

Did they pay you back OP - OP said everyone paid for themselves. Her credit card was being used to hold the reservation but would only have been charged if they didn't turn up or cancelled the reservation.

woodhill · 03/07/2017 09:57

I got that they paid for themselves whilst there but wasn't sure if OP had paid for rooms in advance etc.

FeralBeryl · 03/07/2017 13:48

Right, trip is over, you're doing the right thing and distancing yourself before she erodes your self esteem further.
'Lisa' is an absolute twat who enjoys keeping you in a state of low level anxiety for her own amusement. You aren't her stooge.
Scottish MNers are notoriously wonderful. Join the local section and get yourself to some of the meet ups.
Get yourself away from the Mean Girl and all her enablers, they may be willing to put up with her bullying disguised as 'banter' but once it's directed at them they'll see the difference.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.