Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

What secrets do you know that you wish you didn't!

BubbleBathBitch · 21/01/2022 12:46

I have a couple of secrets that I wish I didn't know, one of them has only transpired this week which has prompted this thread.

I know who the father of my friends child is. She doesn't know that I know. The child keeps asking who her father is and friend won't tell them. Now that I know I wish I didn't!

My other one is that (a different) friend of mine has 3 younger siblings. The 4 of them thought they all had the same dad - they don't. In fact there are 4 different dads. My friend knows this but her siblings don't.

It makes me feel so uncomfortable knowing MASSIVE things like this when the people involved don't know which got me thinking, just to lighten my load - what secrets do you know that you wish you didn't!?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Taketherisk · 21/01/2022 22:02

When I was at school I had a best friend, she told me her uncle had written a fake will for his brother when he passed away, several months later they had loads of money (before they were poor like me lol) said they'd won a scratchcard....

I still wonder how they got away with it.

Please
or

Beginit · 21/01/2022 22:04

Where the keys are Grin

Please
or

Thighdentitycrisis · 21/01/2022 22:04

My best friend told me she had had an affair and asked me never to tell her husband

Please
or

Imonaspendingban · 21/01/2022 22:08

I know my mil had an affair but she doesn’t know I know

I know an ex friend cheated on her partner-and I covered up for her,unwittingly

I know my rock music loving partner owns a spice girls cd-I found it in one of our moving boxes

Please
or

Winniemarysarah · 21/01/2022 22:10

I’m one of the very few people who knows that my next door neighbour is bi. He’s cheating on his wife with multiple men

Please
or

yeowemetwelvepegs · 21/01/2022 22:13

@Winniemarysarah

I’m one of the very few people who knows that my next door neighbour is bi. He’s cheating on his wife with multiple men

Oh that's juicy.

My PT is having an affair with a man 20 years her senior. She is willing to break up her family over it. He is a serial cheat and this is repeated behaviour over the previous decade that I have been a member of the gym
Please
or

GraceJonesBiggestFan · 21/01/2022 22:20

My Dad had an affair with my step-mum’s sister.

Please
or

perimenofertility · 21/01/2022 22:26

I know someone whose dad is not her biological dad, her mum met him when she was already pregnant then they got married and pretended he was the dad. She (the child, now adult) has long suspected he is not her dad and has asked both parents but they deny it.

Please
or

curlyreine · 21/01/2022 22:26

My horrid colleague is going to be fired when she returns from maternity leave.

(Actually I am not sorry about knowing this. She is a nasty piece of work to students and adults alike. But in my host country you can't fire someone during maternity so I can't reassure my colleagues or get the bunting out just yet. But I am going to buy bags of popcorn for when she is due back.)

Please
or

Sportycustard · 21/01/2022 22:35

My grandmother always promised me her wedding ring but she didn't leave a will and someone else took the ring.

I was handed a bag of granny's jewellery which was thought to be not worth much...except one of the pieces is worth around £7k. I only found out when it went in for repair so I could wear it. It's a very famous jewellery brand.

No one else knows. I don't know whether to spill the beans.

My aunts would probably sell it and take the money. I wear the item and will hand it on to my daughter.

Sometimes I feel guilty, sometimes I don't.

Please
or

SecretKeeper1 · 21/01/2022 22:35

I know a few and I hate knowing them. The toughest one is that my ex boyfriend had a sister who went missing as a teenager 30 years ago, never to be seen again by family. We have long since broken up but the arrival of social media plus elements of my work led me to track her down alive and well, thriving in fact. I’ve checked, she’s not listed as officially missing with police, but I don’t know if my ex and his mum ever found her. I doubt it, and seeing how well she has done makes me believe her alleged reasons for running away. I’d love to bump into my ex and ask what he knows, and pretend offer to help if he hasn’t found her.

Weirdly, I don’t have any big secrets of my own, they’re all other peoples.

Please
or

RobertSmithsLipstick · 21/01/2022 22:40

I know that someone slept with his mum's identical twin sister.

Please
or

willowstar · 21/01/2022 22:40

My best friend shagged a mutual friend's brother months before her wedding (not to him). I wish I didn't know that. Her husband njas no idea.

Please
or

RobertSmithsLipstick · 21/01/2022 22:43

I also know of a woman with a really abusive partner, who she says is at least faithful.
I know otherwise.

Please
or

Rupertgrintismyguiltypleasure · 21/01/2022 22:43

My best friend from high school has been with her bf for about 13 years, we’ve grown apart, I know that about 6 months in she got with one of our friends from school who we both had a crush on for years. He doesn’t know that I know, and her bf doesn’t know either.
I also know that my ex slept with my best friend who’s a man bearing in mind ex was supposedly straight, he doesn’t know that I know (we are still friends) and nobody else in our friendship group knows.

Please
or

Savingpeoplehuntingthings · 21/01/2022 22:46

I know my best friends dad is not her father. She does not know this, I've known since we were children, we're now in our 50,s. I wish I didn't know.

Please
or

Theimpossiblegirl · 21/01/2022 22:49

Too many secrets about sleazebag husbands. The wives know and have made their choices but no way would I tolerate that shit. I can't even be in a room with them.

Please
or

DailyMailHater · 21/01/2022 22:55

That my friend had an affair, my DH and I have avoided group nights out that include her and her H for ages as we feel so bad knowing, but don’t have any way of proving it (she verbally told me)

Please
or

Faevern · 21/01/2022 23:04

I know that my father paid maintenance for another child, none of my siblings know. I know my great aunt was actually my great grandmother (she had my grandmother when she was young but she was brought up as her sister not daughter.) My siblings don’t know.

Unless we all do and think we are keeping a big secret from each other.

Please
or

Mufasa1118 · 21/01/2022 23:06

My aunty has six children. All their lives, I knew that they had an older sister who had been adopted at birth. I knew this for ages. They didn't know. My aunty told my mum who told me.

I was told not to tell the other six children. It felt very weird to know that they had a sister, but they didn't know. But it wasn't my place to tell them.

Eventually, much later, their older adopted sister found them all on Facebook, and that's how they all found out

That was the biggest secret I've ever had to keep

Please
or

tubbyhippo · 21/01/2022 23:12

I know that my cousins have a half sibling that they don't know about. Their dad had an affair and their mum, my mum's sister, found out about the child after they'd split up as a result of the affair. I absolutely hate the fact that I know about this and they don't. I wish my mum had never trusted me with this secret. I think she felt the need to tell me because she felt upset by it, but it really has been a burden to know.

Please
or

Katya213 · 21/01/2022 23:14

A girl I worked with told me she had been sexually abused by two of her brothers. I had to go to her wedding with that knowledge and pretend to be none the wiser.

Please
or

Angrymum22 · 21/01/2022 23:16

My DS’s ex girlfriend is spiralling into drug addiction and her parents have no idea - my current uncomfortable secret. I know lots of secrets but professional confidentiality means that I’m good at keeping secrets.

Please
or

Pat123dev · 21/01/2022 23:22

It's funny how it's a lot of affairs etc.

I wish it was more I know who stole such and such painting or whatever, but then I guess they wouldn't post that on here.....

Please
or

Pat123dev · 21/01/2022 23:23

@Katya213 that's hardSad

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.