Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

What is your favourite conspiracy theory?

julieca · 06/12/2021 21:38

I love the crazy conspiracy theories. So my favourite ones are that birds arent real and that Paul McCartney is dead and the man we see now is a lookalike.
What about you?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Bloodypunkrockers · 06/12/2021 23:41

I'm glad others have asked about flat earth theory

I've never understood why it matters

Please
or

HesterShaw1 · 06/12/2021 23:44

Message deleted by MNHQ for repeating deleted message. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Please
or

DickMabutt73962 · 06/12/2021 23:45

@MrsFoxyplease

We are all living in some kind of computer game being controlled by a higher being.

Ctrl+Alt+Del please
Please
or

Viviennemary · 06/12/2021 23:48

Moon landings didn't happen. They didn't. Footage totally faked.

Please
or

CruellaDeVilla · 06/12/2021 23:52

That Elvis Presley isn’t dead because his gravestone has the wrong name on it

Please
or

Mybalconyiscracking · 06/12/2021 23:52

@Viviennemary

Oh goody, we’ve landed a genuine live one!
Please
or

youvegottenminuteslynn · 06/12/2021 23:54

@Viviennemary

What is the best source for proving this? Nobody ever answers when I ask (except 'do your own research') so I would be interested in your answer.
Please
or

HalfHolly · 06/12/2021 23:55

On this very subject, Bob Newhart interviewing an author but having not read the author's book. Fabulous.

'Dont go away....not that you would...'

Please
or
Please
or

Aroundtheworldin80moves · 07/12/2021 00:03

@Pyewackect

That the DofE gave instructions to MI6 to bump Diana Spencer off. And I’ve met ppl who actually believe it. That and governments are using the covid vaccination to inject v small tracking devices into the population.

When I read this post I wondered what Diana had done to anger the Department of Education...

Finland is bonkers.
Please
or

floatinginmyhomie · 07/12/2021 00:05

I firmly believe the titanic one.

Please
or

justasking111 · 07/12/2021 00:12

That the Americans were behind 9/11 that's pretty twisted

Please
or

BeaMends · 07/12/2021 00:16

I've done my research.

I've been to the beach with a 12" ruler, and held it up to the horizon. People, the Earth is most definitely not flat. Grin

Roswell though... I once knew someone who had been stationed there on the military base. She believed it, and so did her colleagues in the US military police who worked there.

Please
or

Viviennemary · 07/12/2021 00:17

I only started bring suspicious of the moon landings a few years ago. The footage looks absolutely fake. Its easily found on you tube. Over 50 years since the moon landings and no other manned craft has been back since.

Please
or

dodobookends · 07/12/2021 00:17

@SkiingIsHeaven

My very favourite is that the reason we clapped for the NHS every Thursday at 8 pm was not actually for the NHS but because the government were testing 5G and it made a buzzing sound which people would worry about. Therefore they tested it at 8 pm on a Thursday and because we were all clapping, no one could hear the buzzing.

Grin Grin Grin
Please
or

GameofPhones · 07/12/2021 00:18

That the Sandy Hook school shooting was staged. This conspiracy theory has had real consequences - the bereaved parents being harassed etc. The guy who started it was a mass communications professor, and my personal theory is that he did it as an experiment to see how far he could get with it.

Please
or

BlackAmericanoNoSugar · 07/12/2021 00:18

I wonder if we could do a quick poll of the people who believe that the vaccines have trackers in them? How many of them have smart phones, the perfect tracker that never leaves their grasp?

Please
or

LetHimHaveIt · 07/12/2021 00:23

It is 'Interview With The Vampire'.

No; the moon landings were not fake. Jesus wept.

Please
or

daisyjgrey · 07/12/2021 00:24

@Viviennemary

What!

And Finland is supposed to not be a thing? And also BIRDS? Chuffing heck.
Please
or

LetHimHaveIt · 07/12/2021 00:25

Although it's a good point about not going back in the last fifty years. After all - it's well cheap 🙄

Please
or

julieca · 07/12/2021 00:26

The birds are not real is a conspiracy theory started by one man. He sells t-shirts and other merchandise associated with it. He swears he believes it. Personally I think he just made it up, maybe as a bit of a laugh and makes a bit of money out of it.
I have never met anyone who actually believes it though.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Awwlookatmybabyspider · 07/12/2021 00:32

@fedup65356. Very interesting but That's not a conspiracy. Omicron B is an anagram of No Crimbo (Fact).
There are quite a few very interesting and fitting anagrams

Oh man I bat - Ian Botham
I'm a Tory Plan B- Tony Blair MP

Please
or

RobertaFirmino · 07/12/2021 00:35

@dropitlikeitsloth

That Courtney Love hired a hit man to kill Kurt Cobain. The more I’ve read the more it seems it could be true, especially when you see the different handwriting on the end of Kurt’s ‘suicide’ letter.

Apparently she's responsible for Kristen Pfaff's death too.
Please
or

yaldy · 07/12/2021 00:36

@BlackAmericanoNoSugar has anyone actually met someone who believes that though?

My conspiracy theory is that the microchip thing was made up by "the powers that be" either to sell media / headlines or to make any tiny little bit of smoke (however small) seem like it was coming from the microchip nutters? (So media or pharma I guess?)

I dunno 🤷🏻‍♀️ I used to spend time reading their subreddit (before it got banned) because I found it kinda fascinating and I'm a writer so it was a genuinely useful study on human nature. It all seems to have gone quite wild these days (I posted the newest theory earlier - wild!) but for the longest time it was pretty standard stuff. Loads of "paramedics" claiming they had 20 heart attack call outs that shift etc. There was rabbit hole stuff too but none of it as far fetched as microchips and 5G.

The other stuff I noticed was that their theories would often get a massive injection of steroids and kool aid before it became mainstream / reported.

So for example I remember seeing some stuff about metallics contaminating batches in Asia(?)... that started out as a conspiracy theory on there but by the time it was reported it was more like "conspiracy theorists say there are MAGNETS in the vaccine and it's turning everyone MAGNETIC!!!".

I always wonder if the Bill Gates is planting microchip trackers inside us is the same sort of thing because I never saw anyone on there who claimed it or believed it (and it was a big, active subreddit).

Please
or

julieca · 07/12/2021 00:37

@Awwlookatmybabyspider the conspiracy part is that the variant was deliberately named to be an anagram of no crimbo or moronic.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.