Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

What is your favourite conspiracy theory?

julieca · 06/12/2021 21:38

I love the crazy conspiracy theories. So my favourite ones are that birds arent real and that Paul McCartney is dead and the man we see now is a lookalike.
What about you?

OP's posts:
Please
or

HaaaaaveyoumetTed · 06/12/2021 22:39

That the first lockdown was so they could change the batteries in the pigeons. I'm 99% certain someone made that up for shots and giggles, but I'm sure someone somewhere believes it. Really cracked me up.

Others I just find very sad. The people I know who believe them are just unable to cope with real life, they're invariably damaged and vulnerable individuals who have to believe what they do as some sort of self preservation and coping mechanism.

Please
or

julieca · 06/12/2021 22:39

@SW1amp I think the Katy Perry one is sick. She was forced to issue a statement saying it was not true.

OP's posts:
Please
or

traka · 06/12/2021 22:42

Roswell

Please
or

godmum56 · 06/12/2021 22:44

@Riverlee

The covid vaccine contains chips that are tracking us.

YES!!! the Bill Gates controls us all via nanobots.
Please
or

godmum56 · 06/12/2021 22:46

@Soggymarshmellows

I also love the 'missing centuries'. Something to do with a few hundred years being added to history in medieval times by Catholic Church. So no actual 'dark ages'. Explains so much. Probably boll*x though.

have you ever read any Terry Pratchett? They have History Monks who go around patching up gaps in time. The best book is Thief of Time, its brilliant
Please
or

godmum56 · 06/12/2021 22:47

@Soggymarshmellows

My serious one is all the space missions. Well not all. Just space race. Missing cosmonauts from Soviet and the moon landings USA. When I said this in 2000 I was shouted down. But I notice a lot more people give this credence now.

seriously? I mean seriously {grin]
Please
or

Redcrayons · 06/12/2021 22:47

Finland definitely.

Qanon is a wierd rabbit hole to go down. The pizza gate thing, and that Trump is really secretly still president is working from the inside to take everyone down. Any, day, now.

I find quite a lot of the Covid ones are awful. . Knowing Otherwise fit and healthy people Suffering from long Covid, hearing that it doesn’t really exist is quite offensive.

Please
or

Wfhquery · 06/12/2021 22:48

The pandemic is a hoax so that they can get us to stay inside so they can change the batteries in the pigeons.
The pigeons are actually battery operated spies

Please
or

MelonTits · 06/12/2021 22:49

Big fan of the ‘Morrissey lyrics predicting Diana’s death’ theory. It is intense.

Please
or

crystal1717 · 06/12/2021 22:50

Epstein death
Diana death

Moon landing. All three v suspicious

Please
or

ichundich · 06/12/2021 22:51

Where does the 'b' come from though?

Please
or

hygtt · 06/12/2021 22:53

Covid vaccines have Microsoft chips in them. Anyone who has used Microsoft Teams in the last year will know that their tech is way off the mark

Is this why Bill Gates is to blame?

Please
or

julieca · 06/12/2021 22:54

The pizzagate one is so strange. An independent pizza shop apparently the hub of an international child trafficking ring.

OP's posts:
Please
or

BlackAmericanoNoSugar · 06/12/2021 22:55

That Keanu Reeves is immortal. There's a website and everything.
www.keanuisimmortal.com

Please
or

CoastalWave · 06/12/2021 22:55

The one about the Queen and Prince Phillip murdering a load of school kids in British Columbia.

Pizzagate

Boston Marathon

Moon landings

There's loads!

Please
or

dropitlikeitsloth · 06/12/2021 22:55

That Courtney Love hired a hit man to kill Kurt Cobain. The more I’ve read the more it seems it could be true, especially when you see the different handwriting on the end of Kurt’s ‘suicide’ letter.

Please
or

ElephantandGrasshopper · 06/12/2021 22:55

The Mandela effect is my favourite. You never have to lose an argument because if you are proved wrong, you can blame it on the Mandela effect changing things. Meaning that you were actually right all along, and the other person is just more easily influenced than you.Wink

Please
or

balboacoffee · 06/12/2021 22:56

A family member believes in every conspiracy theory going. From earth being flat, the queen is a reptile and all royals are paedophiles, vaccines are dangerous and cause autism and kill babys/adults, toothpaste is poison, they once thought a helicopter flying above them was a government spy, New world order is real. I could go on and on! It's absolutely wild!

Please
or

balboacoffee · 06/12/2021 22:57

Never heard of the Finland one

Please
or

RobertSmithsLipstick · 06/12/2021 22:59

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Please
or

Libertaire · 06/12/2021 23:01

The ‘faked’ moon landings theory.

It’s a sort of back-handed tribute to the incredible engineers, scientists & pilots who, without the aid of computers took WW II missile technology and developed it into a system which took humans to another world then brought them home safely that so many people born decades afterwards simply cannot believe they actually did it.

I remember the first time I went to Cape Canaveral I attended a talk by a retired astronaut. He said that by the late 1960s NASA were reasonably confident that they could put humans on the moon, but bringing them back alive was a completely different matter, and nobody really knew if it would work until it did. The crews were incredibly brave men.

Please
or

dropthevipers · 06/12/2021 23:07

The Titanic/Olympic switcheroo is a good one, but amazed no one has yet mentioned the gold standard which is surely the JFK assasination. This is hardly the place to go into the screeds of detailed evidence, but for the curious, just google Dorothy Killgalen and Richard Case Nagel to whet your appetite.

Please
or

ArrrMeHearties · 06/12/2021 23:08

I love me a conspiracy theory thread for late night reading

Please
or

Mummyford · 06/12/2021 23:09

JFK jr faked his own death so he could come back as Donald Trump's Vice President in 2024 as part of a long-game plan to stop child trafficking.

Please
or

hygtt · 06/12/2021 23:11

I watched something about a secret service accidentally shooting JFK, tbh it was quite convincing.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.