Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

What name did your DH come up with for your babies that you hated?

FortunesFave · 26/11/2021 05:22

DH wanted to call our first DD Charlie.

Fucking Charlie!

SO many lovely girls' names and he comes up with that.

Sorry if your is called that...it's nice enough I suppose but it's just not something I'd choose for a girl.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Masugamanuts · 27/11/2021 16:33

CormoranStrike

I wanted to call DD Caroline, exDH vetoed it. To be fair it wouldn't have suited her but it made me sad at the time.

ExDH was quite good with names, I was the one with the weird choices!

Please
or

TheChosenTwo · 27/11/2021 17:12

Jimmy. Not even James (which I still wouldn’t have agreed to), but Jimmy Confused
When he was born he even kept secretly calling him Jimmy Grin

Please
or

burntsouffle · 27/11/2021 17:51

Tiffany

Please
or

Uraflutteringcunt · 27/11/2021 17:57

Tyla

Please
or

LadyEloise1 · 27/11/2021 17:58

I love the name Caroline.

Please
or

Echobelly · 27/11/2021 18:01

I didn't hate it but DH was very keen on Guinevere - but given then kids have his surname, which is quite unusual and sort of central European, I thought it was a bit much and didn't really work together.

He absolutely hated my suggestion of Gavriel for a boy (not sure what's so awful about it?) and didn't want Serena for a girl because his surname begins with S.

Please
or

JurassicShay · 27/11/2021 18:33

Alabama! No way, wasn't happening Grin

Please
or

Givemebackmyhulahoop · 27/11/2021 19:00

Not DH but ex, dad to both DC. He wanted the eldest to be Bam after the skateboarder Bam Margera. (I'm Glaswegian and Bam is an even worse name to have there because of the slang use.)

His girl name suggestion was his ex's name. His second suggestion was a girl he had been pursuing through our early relationship (I only found that out later though.)

For youngest his list was basically the first names of most of the members of AC/DC and The Rolling Stones (but like Keith, Malcolm or Bon rather than Ronnie or Charlie which I wouldn't have minded, his first choice was Bon) or Ozzy for Ozzy Osbourne.

I don't think he had any girl suggestions the second time which is surprising because if he'd used the same tactic as for our firstborn then he could have given me quite a list of names!

Please
or

inkworks273 · 27/11/2021 19:04

My dh wanted Nathan. I think it's a lovely name. The problem is dh can't pronounce 'th' sounds so it comes out as Nafan. Pretty much leaves all 'th' names off the table tbh.

Please
or

caringcarer · 27/11/2021 19:48

Amy.

Please
or

Frankola · 28/11/2021 20:32

Zeus. I'm not joking Confused

Please
or

rjane · 28/11/2021 20:41

Natalie - no.
Catherine - also a no, as we already had one in the immediate family and she is unique (to me).

Please
or

TheOriginalEmu · 28/11/2021 22:58

GrinGrin brilliant!

Please
or

Bobsyer · 30/11/2021 16:58

@inkworks273

My dh wanted Nathan. I think it's a lovely name. The problem is dh can't pronounce 'th' sounds so it comes out as Nafan. Pretty much leaves all 'th' names off the table tbh.

Outing myself here, but when my Nathan was born, my sister’s then boyfriend (who had a similar speech impediment Wink) sent us a card congratulating us on the birth of baby Naphan.

To this day he is known as Nafe because of it! Grin
Please
or

TheShoeLady · 30/11/2021 17:09

XH wanted Buzz or Woody for DS. He was actually called Woody for a couple of days before we came to our senses Grin (well, I say that, I still think Woody would be cool!)

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.