Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

What name did your DH come up with for your babies that you hated?

FortunesFave · 26/11/2021 05:22

DH wanted to call our first DD Charlie.

Fucking Charlie!

SO many lovely girls' names and he comes up with that.

Sorry if your is called that...it's nice enough I suppose but it's just not something I'd choose for a girl.

OP's posts:
Please
or

wandawaves · 26/11/2021 12:12

Phoenix, but for a girl

Please
or

Brainwave89 · 26/11/2021 12:19

Leonard, after an Uncle...... Just no.

Please
or

Winniewonka · 26/11/2021 12:36

@Peridot1 - Beverley can still be used as a boy's name e.g. Beverley Nichols, writer and raconteur😀

Loving this thread.... my ex Husband wanted Dean!

Please
or

Winniewonka · 26/11/2021 12:41

Also Carolanne always reminds me of the little girl in the Poltergh

Please
or

takingmytimeonmyride · 26/11/2021 12:42

Jocelyn.

I said no, because it was a posh old man's name, not a cute baby girl name.

Luckily we only had boys and I pretty much chose their names.

Please
or

BleuJay · 26/11/2021 12:44

Pablo for a boy and Astrid for a girl.

We split when the children were young and he went on to have more children and his partner now wife was more suited to him as they both gave all four of their children unusual names.

Please
or

Winniewonka · 26/11/2021 12:44

Chubby finger syndrome😬! I was just going to say Carolanne reminds me of the little girl in Poltergeist.

Please
or

smellyolebum · 26/11/2021 12:49

Judith and Stanley

Please
or

bippityboppity87 · 26/11/2021 13:11

@mnahmnah

Indiana. For boy or girl. Luckily our surname is not Jones. Funnily enough I quite like it now, years later. Think we’ll have to name cat Indiana instead.

Oh gosh this was me. Thankfully my DP vetoed it. He liked Isobel if we had a girl. Had a DS instead
Please
or

BigYellowHat · 26/11/2021 13:45

Kai 🤮 Gabriel 🤮

In actual fact he did suggest the name we went for but it was so far removed from those two! A lovely classic name which one of his work colleagues was called. Probably the best thing he ever did for DS (he’s my ex-H)

Please
or

BigYellowHat · 26/11/2021 13:46

@CanIHaveAHolidayPlease

My ex came up with Carolanne.... wtf!!

Do you live in the Southern States of America 😂
Please
or

Bloatstoat · 26/11/2021 14:08

Shannon. Apologies to anyone who is called Shannon or has had a baby Shannon...but absolutely no.
Luckily the baby was a boy and by the time DC 2 arrived and was a girl I'd made my feelings so clear he knew it wasn't a possibility.

Please
or

User269 · 26/11/2021 14:23

@BigYellowHat

Kai 🤮 Gabriel 🤮

In actual fact he did suggest the name we went for but it was so far removed from those two! A lovely classic name which one of his work colleagues was called. Probably the best thing he ever did for DS (he’s my ex-H)

Gabriel! I forgot Gabriel!

Vetoed by DW because "our son is not going to be an Archangel".
Please
or

jupitermars1345 · 26/11/2021 14:33

Hunter.

Please
or

Rrrob · 26/11/2021 14:35

Junior.

Please
or

TommyShelby · 26/11/2021 15:07

@CaffiSaliMali that’s the thing - he is English it and didn’t even know how to pronounce it himself! He only liked it because it was a form of boadicea! Foot definitely went down 😂

Please
or

LuluBlakey1 · 26/11/2021 16:35

@Bobsyer

I wanted Thomas for DS3, which I think is probably one of the least offensive or out there names. DH vetoed. I can only think he’d known someone he didn’t like with that name?

We both flirted with the idea of Asher but in the end decided it was a bit too out there for us Grin

*@LuluBlakey1 I don’t understand - are you questioning what people used to tease @ConcernedAuntie* with?!

Not sure what you mean. Am just answering the question that the OP asked.
Please
or

LuluBlakey1 · 26/11/2021 16:39

@Bobsyer

I wanted Thomas for DS3, which I think is probably one of the least offensive or out there names. DH vetoed. I can only think he’d known someone he didn’t like with that name?

We both flirted with the idea of Asher but in the end decided it was a bit too out there for us Grin

*@LuluBlakey1 I don’t understand - are you questioning what people used to tease @ConcernedAuntie* with?!

Just seen what you mean - no am suggesting Flossie as an alternative diminutive of Florence.
Please
or

peaceanddove · 26/11/2021 18:05

Julie. FFS.

There are no words........

Please
or

RoyKentsHairyBack · 26/11/2021 18:17

Dh came up with a number of typical 80s names. Barbara, Samantha, Nicola. He only didn't suggest Karen Julie and Michelle because we have close family.

Now I have nothing massively against them for people of his age (he's a bit older than me so these are his peers names whereas mine are all Sarah Claire and Emma). But they weren't for me.

My ex SIL used to say people who called their boys Charlie or Jamie couldn't think of anything else. Whilst I really like both names, once she said it I can't unhear it so when Dh suggested Charlie it was a swift veto - there are 5 Charlie's in dds class though so she was right in it's popularity.

Please
or

KeflavikAirport · 26/11/2021 19:15

Stuart. Little baby Stuart. Nope.

Please
or

CarButtonCloth · 26/11/2021 19:20

Ann or Sally. Absolutely nothing wrong with either name but just not very...modern...

Please
or

UserOfManyNames · 26/11/2021 19:29

DH wanted to call our twin boys Alfredo and Luigi. No we are not Italian! He was serious as well.

Please
or

deleteasappropriate · 26/11/2021 19:30

Cindy and Margaret. My daughters are so lucky I said no to both. DD1's dad also happened to be having a fling with a Cindy that I was totally unaware of at the time. Tosser!

Please
or

UserOfManyNames · 26/11/2021 19:31

He also wanted to call DD Ellenora. I had to point out it’d be shortened to Nora and Batty would probably be tacked onto it!

He’s not from this country, bless him!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.