Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Accused of posting on someone's LinkedIn...

Bearyhumcrack · 14/05/2021 06:58

I work in a public sector organisation and have been called in by my line manager to say that I have posted something offensive on someone's LinkedIn page and of causing offensive comments on twitter. Confused

I have a LinkedIn account but don't use it much, I do remember following and unfollowing this person a few months ago but no recollection of posting on their page. Is there a way I can check whether I commented without looking at their profile? I know they can see if I have looked at them and I don't want them to make any more allegations about me.

OP's posts:
Please
or

nellyburt · 14/05/2021 06:59

You can go on your own page and see your activity. If you don't post much it should still be in there.

Please
or

nellyburt · 14/05/2021 07:00

What have you tweeted?

Please
or

Bearyhumcrack · 14/05/2021 07:06

@nellyburt I have done that and there's a couple of likes from last year, nothing else. Will
It still show up even if I no longer follow them?

I haven't tweeted anything offensive or defamatory, I've apparently caused something to be tweeted. My twitter account is not anonymous and it's mostly work related, they won't show me the screenshots but it seems like someone has tweeted something but I am apparently responsible.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Hexinthecity · 14/05/2021 07:06

Have they told you what you allegedly said that was offensive? Do you even have a Twitter account?

Please
or

Hexinthecity · 14/05/2021 07:08

Eh? How can they possibly try to hold you accountable for something some one else tweeted? And if they won’t show you the screenshots how on earth are you supposed the respond? Are you in a union have you had any issues with the person from LinkedIn before?

Please
or

Bearyhumcrack · 14/05/2021 07:10

@Hexinthecity I do have an account and I have obviously been through it in massive detail as I was immediately paranoid that I had liked something inappropriate or similar but nothing!
They won't show me what was apparently tweeted but they asked me if I knew some such username that I now can't remember, I have quite a large following but to my knowledge have never interacted with that username.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Theunamedcat · 14/05/2021 07:11

Be firm here you haven't done anything if they have screenshot they should show you

Go through linked in see if there is a second account in your name or similar

Please
or

Bearyhumcrack · 14/05/2021 07:12

@Hexinthecity I'm honestly flummoxed! We worked on a project last year and she was a bit of a nightmare but we haven't crossed paths since. I added her then removed her but like I said, I don't use LinkedIn much. It would be so incredibly out of character for me to post something inappropriate!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

InTheNightWeWillWish · 14/05/2021 07:13

If they won’t share the screenshots, how are you meant to defend yourself against these allegations? What is the reason they are citing for why they can’t show you screenshots?

Please
or

Hexinthecity · 14/05/2021 07:16

Has she taken a grudge against you for some reason, sounds like a totally spurious accusation. You need a union rep involved ASAP. When you were called in by your line manager what did they say was the next step, are you being officially put on a warning, is your job / reputation on the line?

Please
or

Bearyhumcrack · 14/05/2021 07:17

Initially they said I could look at the posts myself because I had made them. When they accused me of being the other twitter person it took me a while to explain that's not my account. Then they said I must have caused the posts because of the information contained in them.

They are going to investigate more apparently!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Bearyhumcrack · 14/05/2021 07:19

@Hexinthecity next step is an investigation of unknown duration, could be career limiting yes.

OP's posts:
Please
or

bigbaggyeyes · 14/05/2021 07:21

I'd want proof in the form of screen shots from your boss and also include HR in the discussions.

Your employer can't go on hearsay or simply say it was inappropriate, they need to actually inform you of what was said, and why it's inappropriate.

Please
or

Lumene · 14/05/2021 07:25

Weird. Talk to ACAS and/or your Union Rep.

They need to show you the screenshots. They can’t investigate you over something but not tell you what it is!

Please
or

Jongleurterre · 14/05/2021 07:30

Sounds like the linked in woman has shit stirred and tweeted something about you or the company you work for and either she or someone else has set up another twitter account with a user name that would indicate that it’s you and has replied using foul language bringing the reputation of your company into ill repute! Or something like that?

Please
or

InTheNightWeWillWish · 14/05/2021 07:32

HR won’t be able to follow disciplinary procedures unless there is evidence that you have done something inappropriate.

Have they at least told you what has allegedly been said in these comments and why it is inappropriate. It sounds like they are accusing you of leaking some sensitive information which has been shared on this other Twitter account, is that correct?

Please
or

little0miss0mac · 14/05/2021 07:34

@Bearyhumcrack

Initially they said I could look at the posts myself because I had made them. When they accused me of being the other twitter person it took me a while to explain that's not my account. Then they said I must have caused the posts because of the information contained in them.

They are going to investigate more apparently!

Difficult for them to 'investigate' more if they don't understand how these channels actually work.
Please
or

bonfireheart · 14/05/2021 07:36

Have you told someone something and they've tweet about it? Have you tried searching twitter for your name?

Please
or

StrictlyAFemaleFemale · 14/05/2021 07:36

Are you in a union?

Please
or

CHISistoast · 14/05/2021 07:38

I wouldn't have thought screenshots would stand up anyway, they can easily be faked.

Please
or

Bearyhumcrack · 14/05/2021 07:38

@little0miss0mac they don't actually know the difference between LinkedIn and twitter so it was quite difficult to explain.

@Jongleurterre I think you might be close to the mark! It's so weird that they won't tell me and now I'm hugely paranoid that I might have posted something in my sleep or some such unlikely event!

@InTheNightWeWillWish no, I've just re-read what they have given me and it's not clear. They accuse me of posting something that was then re-tweeted from a different account. I genuinely haven't posted anything though.

Will get advice because it feels like I'm being stitched up.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Bearyhumcrack · 14/05/2021 07:40

@bonfireheart I've been up all night searching for things!! None the wiser unfortunately.

@StrictlyAFemaleFemale yes but rep isn't great...

@CHISistoast I did keep thinking of the line of duty interview scenes (assuming that's your username origin) and how there would be evidence on a big screen for me to see!

OP's posts:
Please
or

ChubbyMsSunshine · 14/05/2021 07:42

I'd wait for them to provide proof in the form of screenshots and clear links that the Twitter account / thread are anything to do with you.

If they're accusing you of something you genuinely have no recollection of doing and which honestly sounds completely out of character then I wouldn't worry at this stage.

Please
or

StrictlyAFemaleFemale · 14/05/2021 07:45

Surely this can be put to bed with a screenshot of the twitter accounts attached to your email, and a screen shot of your recent linkedin activity? Although the burden of proof should of course be on them.

Please
or

StrictlyAFemaleFemale · 14/05/2021 07:45

This is really weird.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.