Talk

Advanced search

Razor blades and stickers again

(687 Posts)
HamsterToast Wed 05-Sep-18 20:39:27

A twitter account is saying that stickers in Manchester Oxford Road station have razor blades behind them put there by TERFS. If you are terfblocked you won't be able to view.

OP’s posts: |
Ereshkigal Thu 06-Sep-18 18:14:16

Do it!

AccioWine Thu 06-Sep-18 18:18:20

I hope I'm not interrupting the frankly a bit disturbing deep heat usage butting in, but I was coming on to ask if there had been an update. I've checked Twitter, but no response from btp greater Manchester yet (ever?).
Betty if you could update please that would be brilliant!

BettyDuMonde Thu 06-Sep-18 19:01:00

Here!

BettyDuMonde Thu 06-Sep-18 19:05:32

Had a quick chat with a lovely man on the ticket gates-he confirmed that the Transport Police attended yesterday evening ‘looking for anti LGBT stickers’ in the toilets. Not only were there no razor blades but they didn’t find any ‘anti LGBT stickers’ at all - all toilets were checked, men’s, women’s, disabled and staff.

Ereshkigal Thu 06-Sep-18 19:07:11

Surprise surprise surprise 👏👏👏

Betty I would buy you and your DH and your friend a drink if I were up there, but you'll have to make do with virtual ones! winewinewine

OlennasWimple Thu 06-Sep-18 19:07:52

If GMP confirm that there were indeed "lots" of stickers with razor blades plastered all over the loo at Oxford Rd station, I will donate £100 to Stonewall

OlennasWimple Thu 06-Sep-18 19:10:11

Oh, x-post with our avid reporter Betty grin

Oh well, I'll extend the offer more generally to include any police force who confirms that GC women have been putting up stickers which conceal razor blades = £100 donation to Stonewall

Alicethroughtheblackmirror Thu 06-Sep-18 19:14:29

Well, obviously there are no stickers. Because Erin and cat person assiduously removed them. One with what was left of the bleeding finger stumps once the hundreds of feminist razors had sliced them to shreds and the other through a psychic connection from Carolina. Which was so sensitive it caused bleeding too...

heresyandwitchcraft Thu 06-Sep-18 19:16:27

Well done Betty! star Thank you!!

ToeToToe Thu 06-Sep-18 19:19:26

Betty THANK YOU! wine

I just knew it would all be made-up bollocks. These TAs are unhinged.

FloralBunting Thu 06-Sep-18 19:20:43

Fibbing? On Twitter? Surely not!

placemats Thu 06-Sep-18 19:23:45

Thank you Betty for the update. My response is quelle surprise.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

HavingALittleBabyToolshed Thu 06-Sep-18 19:25:10

Had a quick chat with a lovely man on the ticket gates-he confirmed that the Transport Police attended yesterday evening ‘looking for anti LGBT stickers’ in the toilets. Not only were there no razor blades but they didn’t find any ‘anti LGBT stickers’ at all - all toilets were checked, men’s, women’s, disabled and staff.

gringringringringrin

I’m still half tempted to report the Nazi PMs to GMP for religious hatred but I love this city and know what the police have had to deal with in past this year or so, so won’t waste their time like the twitterati.

HavingALittleBabyToolshed Thu 06-Sep-18 19:27:29

Typos galore...realities of early labour.

WhatTheWatersShowedMe Thu 06-Sep-18 19:29:43

You... you mean the TRA’s are liars?

FloralBunting Thu 06-Sep-18 19:29:55

Toolshed, the brilliance of the female sex - sarcasm, good sense and preparing to bring an entire new human into the world all at the same time. You rock.

Ereshkigal Thu 06-Sep-18 19:31:31

Good on BTP for following up too. Even if it was a deliberate wasting of police time.

placemats Thu 06-Sep-18 19:35:07

Floral

Seconded!

tillytop Thu 06-Sep-18 19:40:30

Yes Toolshed talk about multi tasking! grin Good luck with Baby Toolshed.smile brew

AccioWine Thu 06-Sep-18 19:45:00

Thank you, Betty thanksginwinebrew(I don't know what your favourite tipple is, so I thought I would give you some options!).

I'm very pleased (but not at all surprised) it was in fact a hoax. Who'd a thunk it, eh?

BettyDuMonde Thu 06-Sep-18 19:45:02

Oooh! Early labour! How exciting!

Wishing you the best of everything toolshed looking forward to hearing what sex your baby is ‘coercively assigned at birth’!

BettyDuMonde Thu 06-Sep-18 19:46:51

(I had a couple of ‘Bloody Mabels’ this evening, actually. Now home to see to the dogs - middle age, thy name is Betty)

arranfan Thu 06-Sep-18 19:47:18

Well, obviously there are no stickers. Because Erin and cat person assiduously removed them.

Asking for a friend definitely not for my own jam making , does anyone know what Sticky Goo Away product Erin and cat person were using to leave absolutely no trace of stickiness/adhesive behind after the sticker removal. answers saying "wishful thinking" may make me weep

The best possible answer would be, "It's this Eco cloth and here's a helpful link". <lives in hope>

Ereshkigal Thu 06-Sep-18 19:54:15

I would love to know this as it would be great for getting the labels off cheap high street shoes.

Rufustheyawningreindeer Thu 06-Sep-18 19:58:49

I had one on a boots picture frame

Under the cellophane and ON the glass

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in